Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. (22808 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.
why didn't u ask him to open the money? You gotta shine ya eyes mehn
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2017
Dont be in a haste to do business in computer village.
Make sure after bargain, you inspect properly before payment
incase he refuse to sell after paying, make sure you count your money before you return the goods.
Dont do business in isolated areas
Always sound as if you are a street guy, dont look gentle.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by DjAndroid: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2017
Op wan buy high end phone with 20k
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Bahddo(m): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2017
Lol. High end Android phone of 20k... Collected money and walked away without counting. Guy you are 6yards of maga material grin

If you know that you don't know anything about phones, go with a friend who does. It's harder to cheat two persons together.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by cydophobia(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2017
OP sorry for your loss,but you are the one to blame for this.
How on earth will someone will be looking for a high end android phones with 20k?.

Always make a research on whatever gadget you are buying before going to computer village. Those guys ain't smiling at all.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by antzlaive(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.

Am not understanding, who is the idiot?

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:
The truth is there is no one living or born in Lagos that has never been scam .it makes you extra smart .lesson learnt from experience .
Speak for yourself broh
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by tivta(m): 9:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Even before the news of fufu phone or buying stolen phones became rampant I have never fallen victim to it cause greed is what makes people lose money.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by airsaylongcon: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2017
obonujoker:
Lol.... e pele... hope pink lips boys didn't scam you too....

Don't worry, you will recover...

How does this pink lip con work please?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by SamAbims(m): 9:33am On Jun 24, 2017
Never buy a phone from a street seller in Ikeja. The best of way to buy a phone at Ikeja is to know someone there, that's the only way you won't get cheated. Buy from a credible source like me wink
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by monaPhilz: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2017
udemzyudex:
Lol... Each time i read about stories like this i always laugh.

Why will you collect your money without counting it? Tell him to wait and confirm the money first before he leaves.

This one no be charm, I won't say you're greedy, you'l were not smart enough..
count ur money before handling over his phone sef
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Getintouch2004(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2017
nnamdiosu:

Simple rule people fail to follow. DONT EVER PATRONIZE THOSE GUYS SELLUJG STUFFS ON THE ROAD. EVEN IF ITS ETERNAL LIFE THEY ARE SELLING....DONT BUY.

Bros, even "Eternal Life"? Lol, you just cracked me up grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by akahi1(m): 9:38am On Jun 24, 2017
It's painful.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by roqrules04(m): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2017
you wan buy you wan sell.
those guys are expert in what they do
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Lordtunji(m): 9:43am On Jun 24, 2017
Welcome to Lagos. but u sef wan buy better phone for 20k, u no try o
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by jagzmoles(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2017
You're a baluu of life
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by 2shure: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2017
Bro i do biz on the street
Ma niggi.
If we doin a biz bro.
Ma niggi once i got my phuckin item we transacting on.
No going back to that money.
If ever u want that money back.
Wtf.
Its gonna be on public counting bro
No fast moves on me.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by madbuhari: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2017
how many times will this people recycle this fake story by moonlight
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Antina(f): 9:50am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
it was really a sad experience for me which took me time to recuperate, this will never happen to me ever again. now i have become one careful and skeptical guy.

Do u need to be exploited before you could learn your lesson? U heard about them before, yet u decided to see it all.

I keep telling people, if you are looking for a commodity that is too cheap than its original price, just know at the back of your mind you are trading to be duped.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by emmaitive(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2017
hahahaha..jjc
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2017
I KNOW MAJORITY WILL SAY NA BUHARI CAUSE AM.. ..WELL THAT WAS YOUR ORIENTATION DAY, WELCOME TO LAGOS.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2017
Why didnt you go to BB HuB Ikeja, the guy has good phones for that price.

Always go to a shop, Computer village is for bulk buyers.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by able20(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2017
Op youself naa wayo man o, sometimes greedy pple get scammed easily, you want high end Android phone all inclusive for just 20k haba.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Antina(f): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2017
roqrules04:
you wan buy you wan sell.

those guys are expert in what they do

Exactly!! For so many years I have been visiting there, I have never stopped for once to talk with them let alone negotiate things with them.

They must not see you with laptop bag oo, u will hear, you wan buy or you wan sell? Sometimes they will even be touching the bag if you back it. grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by femi4: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2017
ProIyke:
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, sometime last month being May, i had planned to go to Ikeja computer village to get a new phone , i didn't have any particular one in mind but which ever it is must be a high end android phone with good specs.

There was no other better day to do this than that fateful Saturday, having heard a lot of tales about Ikeja computer village and being a newbie in town I saw it as a great opportunity to explore the market, i got there and saw a lot of shops and boys on the streets beckoning on me to buy their phones, I stopped to check some and walked past some.

I went into slot shop and checked a glossary of their phones available and they all exceeded my budget of 20k for the specs i required, i decided to buy from one of the guys i had met earlier on the streets, he had a Tecno w5 lite which was remarkably new, i immediately fell in love with the phone and haggled the price with him , having just 20k as my budget i made it clear to him, surprisingly he agreed to sell at 20k, fine, he followed me to the bank there where i made an ATM withdrawal , i gave him the money and he gave me the phone, i was busy checking the phone out and making sure everything was working fine when he immediately told me he wasn't selling again as the price was below what he bought it for .

He gave me back my money n i returned the phone to him, and then i left . i walked a few poles n decided to check my money only for me to discover to my chagrin , what i had was pieces of paper cut to the size of money and folded in a bunch just exactly as my money was.
at that point i became agitated , i couldn't believe my eyes, i have just been hoodwinked. I went back looking for him to no avail, sadly i went home, I lost my 20k just like that to an idiot. That bright Saturday turned out for me a very ugly one. Now i have learned my lesson never to patronize road side sellers irrespective of how cheap their wares may be. computer village is rift with criminals nad hooligans. Beware.
All these newbie will ever learn.....O fe ra W5 ni 20k. Indeed awoof dey run belle
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by SHILIINZ101(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2017
Ok
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by femi4: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Loop1:
The truth is there is no one living or born in Lagos that has never been scam .it makes you extra smart .lesson learnt from experience .
Born, bred and schooled in Lagos and never be scam.

The rules are simple

1. If they come to you, don't listen to them. Ignore them.

2. Don't be greedy, patronize shops for your goods

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by suco01(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2017
Why na. na today u dey hear abt computer village boys. even na ur neighbour or family member sef no trust am @ all. dem all b d same. I prefer to search jiji efiritin nd olx for dat kind stuff nt goin to ikeja.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by femi4: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2017
Antina:

Exactly!! For so many years I have been visiting there, I have never stopped for once to talk with them let alone negotiate things with them.

They must not see you with laptop bag oo, u will hear, you wan buy or you wan sell? Sometimes they will even be touching the bag if you back it. grin cheesy.
Exactly.....That's the time I always switch to deaf and dumb mode
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by Antina(f): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2017
tivta:
Even before the news of fufu phone or buying stolen phones became rampant I have never fallen victim to it cause greed is what makes people lose money.

GBAM!!
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. by bolakale97(m): 10:28am On Jun 24, 2017
I have been buying phones from computer village since i was 14 yrs , and i can proudly say to you that I have never been scammed..

I only needed someone to follow me there during my first visit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Race Max Q, A Great Improvement To Infinix Phones / An Unbaised Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6 And Unboxing Video / Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.