Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? (5035 Views)

UNIZIK Sacks Peter Ekemezie For Forging His B.sc Certificate / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Omoswags(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
I am currently a graduate from one of the state universities in Nigeria, i studied engineering but i didnt graduate with a very good grade..
I have decided to go back to school. i am still young.
I just want to know if i can apply for direct entry with my B.eng degree to study engineering in a federal university.. I have noticed most university are asking for ND or NCE, etc. they are silent about the B.SC
Is it possible to use by B.Eng to apply for direct entry in a Federal University?
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by daewoorazer(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Yes pls
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Ustec: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Yes,!
But its not very easy to gain admission with a poor degree(third class,i guez) into a federal uni. unless you get long leg.

Since it is B.eng
your best shot is to apply for another course that is less competitive.!
Goodluck.
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Nigeriadondie: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Omoswags:
I am currently a graduate from one of the state universities in Nigeria, i studied engineering but i didnt graduate with a very good grade..
I just want to know if i can apply for direct entry with my B.eng degree to study engineering in a federal university.. I have noticed most university are asking for ND or NCE, etc. they are silent about the B.SC
Is it possible to use by B.Eng to apply for direct entry in a Federal University?
Very possible as long as u had a minimum of 2.2.
If u had anything below then u start from d scratch.
By d way what branch of engineering did u study
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Omoswags(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ustec:
Yes,!
But its not very easy to gain admission with a poor degree(third class,i guez) into a federal uni. unless you get long leg.

Since it is B.eng
your best shot is to apply for another course that is less competitive.!
Goodluck.
Hmm. tnx for dis.
Wud have loved to try. but i dont want to waste time and money if at d end d sch wont accept me even on merit.
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Omoswags(m): 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Very possible as long as u had a minimum of 2.2. If u had anything below then u start from d scratch. By d way what branch of engineering did u study
production engr
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Nigeriadondie: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Omoswags:

production engr
I may advise u go for Electrical.Production I guess is a branch of Mechanical and if so u may go for Mechanical. I wud advise also u go to Federal University. What class of degree did u graduate with in ur first degree?
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Omoswags(m): 4:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I may advise u go for Electrical.Production I guess is a branch of Mechanical and if so u may go for Mechanical. I wud advise also u go to Federal University. What class of degree did u graduate with in ur first degree?
3rd class.
alot of things caused that tho.. corruption in d schools department and i was distracted too.. am just hoping i can use the result to apply for the exam.
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by Nigeriadondie: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
Omoswags:

3rd class.
alot of things caused that tho.. corruption in d schools department and i was distracted too.. am just hoping i can use the result to apply for the exam.
That is y i ve always hated state universities. I and all my siblings went to federal uni. Tho there is corruption in all d uni be it federal or state it is not as bad and open or so brazen as it is in state uni which are market places for grades where those with heavy pockets can smile and those with holes in d pockets wud only weep, wail and gnash their teeth wishing they had money. I pity students in state uni from poor home cos those marketers called lecturers wud offer promo when selling their useless empty textbooks and reward customers (bouyant students) who bought with grades.For person wey never see food chop talkless of buying textbook wether na with empty belle person go read then such students even if u studied hard wud not earn grades cos d lecturers wud be like "it is not by reading".
It is so sad that univerisities which should be highly revered areas of learning, promotimg and advancing researches are not so.
I wud advice u go for a PGD prgramme then afterwards u do Masters in d enginnering area of ur choice. That is shorter PGD is just a session and Masters minimmum 2 yrs full time as long as r thesis is approved on time. Then if u re fortunate to be employed in an engineering firm where ur skill is applied then u will gain much needed practical experience and exposure u will never get from d classroom. But be prepared to focus fully on ur studies. But if u feel u ve time on ur side then u start all over but u know u will spend 5 yrs.
The first option is better but d choice us yours. However, choose a federal university never a state preferably a university of technology.

1 Like

Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by elGracia: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
So with 2.2 its more possible?
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by nnahernest(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2020
Please WhatsApp me immediately let's talk.

quote author=Omoswags post=57789650]I am currently a graduate from one of the state universities in Nigeria, i studied engineering but i didnt graduate with a very good grade..
Is it possible to use by B.Eng to apply for direct entry in a Federal University?[/quote]
Re: Can I Apply For Direct Entry With My B.SC? by nnahernest(m): 2:53pm On May 02, 2020
WhatsApp me immediately let's chat 07039476669

quote author=Omoswags post=57789650]I am currently a graduate from one of the state universities in Nigeria, i studied engineering but i didnt graduate with a very good grade..
Is it possible to use by B.Eng to apply for direct entry in a Federal University?[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Six Most Unsolved Mysteries Of All Time. / PDP Gov'Ship Candidate Dosunmu Tackles Fashola Over LASU fees / The Actual Meaning Of "N.B"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.