Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. (1130 Views)

Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money / If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ / Buy Without Money!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by greatwomenworld(f): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
I begin to wonder where our core values have wandered?
the rate at which people idolise money and the wealthy is very alarming.
I'm not only talking about societal norms, i am talking about the family yes! look around you and you will see for yourself that the people without money are least respected .
Gone are the days where the eldest in the family is respected as one. these days, No Money No Senior!
I have looked around and seen it happen even in relationships, mother- in -law prefer a richer partner or anyone that fits into their social class than the one from a humble background with morals.
I have seen cases where a mother visits her children who lives in the city and stays with only the son that has more money.
friends only flock around you because you have money .
is life only about all the exotic cars, luxuries and Money in the bank account?
what about our core values, our tradition and culture.
It seems the only gospel we hear this days is " Money"
can somebody prove me wrong?

1 Like

Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by Acidosis(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
We have lost our CULTURE. Globalization has taken place

2 Likes

Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by Fadamant: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
You are 120% right and it has always been like that and it is not peculiar to Nigeria. The Bible even says, " the neighbour of the poor runs away from him". That is to say, a poor man has no friend. It is called RANKISM.

What to do about it? Behave differently towards people from those characters you just mentioned and strive to be the best you can be for yourself and leave the rest. In the end, you cannot control how others treat you, but you can control how you treat yourself and respond to others' behaviour towards you.

3 Likes

Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by greatwomenworld(f): 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
Acidosis:
We have lost our CULTURE. Globalization has taken place
my dear. you can say that again .
Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by greatwomenworld(f): 10:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Fadamant:
You are 120% right and it has always been like that and it is not peculiar to Nigeria. The Bible even says, " the neighbour of the poor runs away from him". That is to say, a poor man has no friend. It is called RANKISM.

What to do about it? Behave differently towards people from those characters you just mentioned and strive to be the best you can be for yourself and leave the rest. In the end, you cannot control how others treat you, but you can control how you treat yourself and respond to others' behaviour towards you.
word! but how can one behave differently towards such money loving peeps?
Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by Fadamant: 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
greatwomenworld:

word! but how can one behave differently towards such money loving peeps?

Truth is, money changes most people for the worse and there is very little or nothing you can do about that. So the best one can do is just to be your(self) best and refuse to care about how others behave because of money or lack of it.

1 Like

Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 24, 2017
Deep.
But trust me when I say it's always been that way from time,the only thing that was absent then and present now is Westernisation and Reality.

"Onye ji ego nie nn'aya,n'obughi okpara gburu ya",meaning, let he who has the money bury the dead,for it's not the heir that killed.

"Oji ego nwe okwu". Even the good book clearly said that money answers all things. We will not all get so wealthy.

1 Like

Re: Without Money You Are A Nobody In Your Family. by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:11am On Jun 24, 2017
@greatwomenworld
Bro before dwelling on what you wrote, may I ask:" can you do ANYTHING worthy (eat/drink/live under a roof etc) without MONEY?!

As much as people hate to accept it, since the beginning of time, without money you were doomed, and sadly it hasn't changed today.

Now, "proper" family member wouldn't judge you whether rich or poor but sadly, this is Nigeria we are talking about, where there is a huge amount of dysfunctional families. Let us try not to judge the world by their failed actions.

As for what you wrote:
- if an elder brotha can't take care of himself financially then he doesn't deserve any respect, until he does. Respect should be earned and begging your younger brothas for financial aid doesn't get you any.

- when women in Nigeria are sold to the highest bidder via bride price, no wonder mother in law seek for the richest SIL. How would a poor man with morals even afford such madness called bride price, to begin with?!

- if mother visits the city then she should STAY with the son who can provide the most comfortable stay for her, while she visits the others in the city (or they can visit her there). Any poor son who expects his mother to come live in a shack, just so that he can feel somehow "worthy", is foolish, and should instead better his life... probably, the mum knows he is suffering and doesn't want to add to his suffering.

- if you are the only one around your friends who has money then I suggest you either help your friends to better themselves OR find new friends... But you can't blame them for wanting to indulge in a "better/luxurious" lifestyle that a rich friend can offer.

- even your pastor needs money, and the day EVERYBODY stops giving these fraudster in robe their hard earned cash, is the day these phoney pastors will close shop and turn to armed robbery, kidnapping and yahoo instead, Because they can't preach for free. Without money, there will be NO MORE Christianity.

Btw, the world revolves around MONEY, and that's a damn fact...so stop being an hypocrite, unless of course you can go back to work on Monday, and working for FREE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Man With Swollen Private Region,allegedly Poisoned(viewer Discretion / Phobiaholic! See The 15 Most Common Phobias That Torment People / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria (forbes List, 2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.