Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money (2229 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / Can A Young Man Marry In This Economy?? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by collinsbaba(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2020
This has been puzzling my mind for so long, when a man is in his 40s people will be saying some sorts of things like ‘ hey guy u r overdue get a wife, do something.....’
but we all know money is very important to raise a family.

A man must be able provide a conducive environment for his family, send his children to good schools etc.....

As for me I don’t believe in marriage without money, even if one is 60 without money just forget it

NOT EAST TO BE A MAN.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by GboyegaD(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2020
Money is important to run a home. If the man isn't sure he can't at least provide his basic needs along that of the wife, he may choose to hold on. Marriage is never a competition.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by ogawisdom(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2020
Except he doesn't have a stable source of income (even if na 40k monthly) a man in his 40s must have marriage as a top priority.

But if he has no stable source of income at 40 then he should focus on having one first before considering marriage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by ibkayee(f): 2:43pm On May 16, 2020
Money is important, you don't have to be a millionaire, but earn enough to sustain a family (whether you're satisfied with a very modest quality of life, 'comfortable' enough or affluent etc, it can be subjective)

A man in his 40s will be less pardoned for his financial status/lack of stable income than someone younger than him, since he's technically had more time to develop himself (I acknowledge that not everyone starts on a level playing field, some people are just afforded more opportunities than others), but generally, this is how most people think.

He may be in this predicament for a number of reasons (whether it's down to his own personal irresponsibilities or he's genuinely just had really bad luck), at the end of the day, it sucks being pressured into something based on things that may be out of your control right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:04pm On May 16, 2020
Please let him marry..there is always a simple girl from a simple family that won't give him issues.bible never lies..when a man finds a wife, he has found a good thing and favor will come so pls do it even if it's to take soft loan for something simple

5 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Ishilove: 3:06pm On May 16, 2020
If in his 40s he still doesn't have a stable source of income then he needs to go and beg his village people to release his destiny.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Mindlog: 3:14pm On May 16, 2020
Getting married and bringing in a child into this world without means of provision is a frustrating situation.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Acme45: 3:49pm On May 16, 2020
collinsbaba:
This has been puzzling my mind for so long, when a man is in his 40s people will be saying some sorts of things like ‘ hey guy u r overdue get a wife, do something.....’
but we all know money is very important to raise a family.

A man must be able provide a conducive environment for his family, send his children to good schools etc.....

As for me I don’t believe in marriage without money, even if one is 60 without money just forget it

NOT EAST TO BE A MAN.
Not everyone will have a good source of income before getting a wife , As Every currency have denominations so does women. Look for a woman of your class and stop fooling yourself. Presently are walking naked ,Don't you eat daily , do you leave in the forest? . If you have not make it at 40s it is at 60s. You better wake up from your slumber so that family will not hold emergency meeting on your head

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by collinsbaba(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2020
Acme45:
Not everyone will have a good source of income before getting a wife , As Every currency have denominations so does women. Look for a woman of your class and stop fooling yourself. Presently are walking naked ,Don't you eat daily , do you leave in the forest? . If you have not make it at 40s it is at 60s. You better wake up from your slumber so that family will not hold emergency meeting on your head

But do not think all the post in this forum is talking about the op, I am married with kids, I'm just putting down this thread due to things I'm seeing around....
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by MMotimo: 6:40pm On May 16, 2020
Marrying is not the problem. If 2 adults make a conscious decision to join in holy matrimony with no income, good luck to them. The one that concerns me is birthing kids you cannot take care of so that they can share in the suffering.

To prove what? That you can be non rational ( stupid) and fertile at the same time ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:
If in his 40s he still doesn't have a stable source of income then he needs to go and beg his village people to release his destiny.
In Nigeria, it isn't really about village People. The economy sucks and there's widespread poverty and hopelessness. Lawyers in Lagos earn peanuts some earn as low 20k and law is a prominent profession. A lot of engineers and accountants can not find jobs even after graduating for so many years. The country as a whole sucks. You might struggle and struggle and one day you wake up and you are 40.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by sisisioge: 7:01pm On May 16, 2020
At least, he's not being bullied as a midnight paper. I'm sorry...I couldn't help noting his double wahala. Broke and marriedless in his 40s! Dang....there is wickedness in the land. Let him find a church to be going, if he gets on the right side of the pastors, they will festoon a wife on him like lillies wink

5 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by ibkayee(f): 7:06pm On May 16, 2020
sisisioge:
At least, he's not being bullied as a midnight paper. I'm sorry...I couldn't help noting his double wahala. Broke and marriedless in his 40s! Dang....there is wickedness in the land. Let him find a church to be going, if he gets on the right side of the pastors, they will festoon a wife on him like lillies wink
Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 16, 2020
His number one priority at 40 should be marriage.

He has already lost time and money which he should make before 40.
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Raalsalghul: 7:34pm On May 16, 2020
truthsayer009:
His number one priority at 40 should be marriage.

He has already lost time and money which he should make before 40.

Why, so he can bring kids into the world to suffer.

Marriage is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by babyfaceafrica: 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Nope.. Unless you can adequately take care of your family.. Remain single!!!. Those that married in their twenties.. Which award did they give them?... There is more to life than marriage
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by babyfaceafrica: 7:40pm On May 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
Please let him marry..there is always a simple girl from a simple family that won't give him issues.bible never lies..when a man finds a wife, he has found a good thing and favor will come so pls do it even if it's to take soft loan for something simple

So he has to compromise his taste and wishes just to satisfy society and family. A MAN SHOULD remain a good single till he can care for his family..... Dem No dey catch late Comer abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Raalsalghul: 7:41pm On May 16, 2020
sisisioge:

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by babyfaceafrica: 7:42pm On May 16, 2020
A man that married because he is getting old without financial capabilities.. Na yahho boys and rich men go dey service in wife. How many women can stay with a financially disable men without cheating?.... 1 in a million!!
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Raalsalghul: 7:55pm On May 16, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
A man that married because he is betting old without financial capabilities.. Na yahho boys and rich men go dey service in wife. How many women can stay with a financially disable men without cheating?.... 1 in a million!!
We need to stop laying emphasis on Marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by CAPSLOCKED: 8:12pm On May 16, 2020
babyfaceafrca:
A man that married because he is betting old without financial capabilities.. Na yahho boys and rich men go dey service in wife. How many women can stay with a financially disable men without cheating?.... 1 in a million!!

THE 1 FROM THE MILLION WILL STAY PUT BECAUSE SHE LAME AND BLIND AT ONCE.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by sisisioge: 8:44pm On May 16, 2020
ibkayee:

Lmao

Na so nau grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Raalsalghul: 8:58pm On May 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE 1 FROM THE MILLION WILL STAY PUT BECAUSE SHE LAME AND BLIND AT ONCE.

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:29pm On May 16, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

So he has to compromise his taste and wishes just to satisfy society and family. A MAN SHOULD remain a good single till he can care for his family..... Dem No dey catch late Comer abeg!!
go and seat down..life is a risk..he deserves a family..waiting till u have plenty.money is foolishness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 16, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Why, so he can bring kids into the world to suffer.

Marriage is not by force.

No, if he is not stark poor. He can still have a child or two, I believe he can take care of one.

I think OP meant by 40, he cannot match up to his peers, because realistically there is no way he cannot be able to at least afford to have one son and a wife from the village.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by GboyegaD(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
go and seat down..life is a risk..he deserves a family..waiting till u have plenty.money is foolishness

A family that causes him pain or the one he can't cater for? He should sorry himself first.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Acme45: 10:33pm On May 16, 2020
collinsbaba:

But do not think all the post in this forum is talking about the op, I am married with kids, I'm just putting down this thread due to things I'm seeing around....
ok ooh
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by emmaodet: 6:39am On May 17, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

In Nigeria, it isn't really about village People. The economy sucks and there's widespread poverty and hopelessness. Lawyers in Lagos earn peanuts some earn as low 20k and law is a prominent profession. A lot of engineers and accountants can not find jobs even after graduating for so many years. The country as a whole sucks. You might struggle and struggle and one day you wake up and you are 40.

Gbam!!!
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by ednut1(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2020
No.
Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by Nobody: 7:49am On May 17, 2020
guy, let me tell you the truth, even if nah one child try get ooo because the days are busy counting and time wait for nobody, as long as you go school and have handwork , my Broda hope dey, just no relent.

look for one decent girl, put her in a family way, just one child is okay oo, no do two.

she dey chop biscuit she go give the pikin, you dey eat beans, you go give the pikin.
na small small oo.
if you wait till 45 and money no still come, wetin you go do? even at 45 your pikin will only be 15 when you are 60. poverty no good oo. , I dey battle with my own now but one day e go better.
but dem say e go better na poor man prayer

4 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by austine4real(m): 8:28am On May 17, 2020
Money runs present Nigerian marriage

He needs a stable income first B4 anything

3 Likes

Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by collinsbaba(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2020
Imustsurvive:
guy, let me tell you the truth, even if nah one child try get ooo because the days are busy counting and time wait for nobody, as long as you go school and have handwork , my Broda hope dey, just no relent.

look for one decent girl, put her in a family way, just one child is okay oo, no do two.

she dey chop biscuit she go give the pikin, you dey eat beans, you go give the pikin.
na small small oo.
if you wait till 45 and money no still come, wetin you go do? even at 45 your pikin will only be 15 when you are 60. poverty no good oo. , I dey battle with my own now but one day e go better.
but dem say e go better na poor man prayer

This thing dey happen to one my friend.....and he no dey reason am at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Decides The Number Of Kids To Have In A Family, Is It The Husband Or Wife? / Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? / What Is A Perfect Marriage Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.