Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! (31395 Views)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by talk2saintify(m): 11:18am On Jun 25, 2017
Mine is that some time in the middle of the night wen ah try to move or get up..it seems like sum1 is putting his or her whole weight on me,,

ah can't even move ah inch or any muscle....nat even any finger

worse still ah can't shout

naw ah don't know if this happens in reality or in ma dream cuz after sometime ah become conscious of ma environment like am jux waking up from ma sleep....
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by chieveboy(m): 11:21am On Jun 25, 2017
AlvanT:
What are the requiqements to be an Eckist?

Know that you don't have to be an Eckist to enjoy some of the things Eckists enjoy...I could tell you to visit the official page Eckankar.org and register, but I feel I should let you know some points.

The requirement is qualifying to be an Eckist. The decision to be an Eckist is made before you are born...I may not know if you made that decision or not, neither you too can tell though.

So qualification is actually unique and private, only time will tell.

However, if you must join, know that the key to your success lies in discipline! It is a zero-sum path, if you don't put any effort in doing your spiritual exercises, you risk wasting you time.
By "zero-sum path", I mean on the surface, all you get to see are books and texts, any book about God or truth can only be 0.1%, the remaining 99% is in the inner planes, no man have the word to put truth as it is in a book...though the world is filled with people claiming so.

The simple thing you need is love for truth for the sake of truth...not to become powerful and knowledgeable before people...even though it's inevitable. So its all about honesty and Love for the Eck teachings, humility ( to move from bottom up), and once again a 'zealotry' for truth.

There is a suggested donation of $50 which takes care of your monthly Discourse and other materials. If you don't have the suggested amount, write Membership Service (membershipservice@Eckankar.org) telling them about it, you will be asked to send whatever you have. In all you do about it, it should be from your heart. Thanks.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by 0b10010011: 11:23am On Jun 25, 2017
Seek divination and appease the powers that make be!

Dont force it!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Landflight4eva(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2017
this is what we call Hallucinations,..seeing vision,hearing of voices n your names...all u need is to be at rest with your mind
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Toks2008(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

Go to a good MFM or Celestial church and you can also pray and fast about it for 3 days...GOD IS ABLE
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Mrkumareze(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
... Have since visited doctors years ago and was diagnosed of Aortic regurgitation which is under control. ..... But those recurring nightmares of same pattern and same recurring being held down subconsciously while half asleep can't just be physical,cos i have analysed it .... too many details even but can't just be mentioning all

I was a victim of such bro . I was made to believe it's my enemies at work until I came across some write up then I discovered we author most of our problems. All you need to do is to free your mind from too much stress . Always sleep when you are certainly done with all your activities for the day or moment . Thirdly, learn to exercise your self very well so that all your body system can work along with each other .
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by huntax(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2017
chieveboy:
Well you can visit the thread on my signature and ask of how you can solve your problem yourself.

Secondly, you should be aware of the fact that you are the genesis of your problem weather you know so or not. This means nothing could haunt or harm you without your own part to it. That's the first step of mastering your fate.

This takes you off the 'masses' consciousness and 'victim' consciousness into taking and accepting responsibility for your life. Thanks.
There is also the case of his parents' sins. He may not have done anything wrong in particular.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Djbond(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2017
This thing still happened to me thus morning as I wanted to wake up around 5am. I think it's Evil spirit
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

Dear Op, I don't have all the answers to you questions, I don't want to make suggestions you might find it hard to keep up with considering our varying degree of faith and understanding.
But believe me when I say this, you are still suffering from what you think you are going through because you are still keeping it and allowing it enslave you via "fear".
You can't conquer that which you are afraid of. Those demons still have a hold of you, control you and have successfully enslaved you because you fear and respect them.
They are like parasites gradually suucking the living living day light out of you. Don't think they will give up so easily until you are ready to let them go.
You don't need a pastor or Alfa/imam to conduct prayers or deliverance for you. You are the landlord or Lord and master of your life and it is what you allow to remain in your life that remains. And what you don't want, you can always kick out. Pm me your email address, and I shall send you some materials ( books ) authored by some prophets of God to help you out.
I will also recommend irrespective of religion affinity, that you look for by all means and get this practical book by Kenneth E. Haggin. " I believe in vision. I suffered like a leper cos I had this wonderful book I bought during nysc and didn't study it until one day I felt this urge to read it and that was the end of my ordeal. It's a eye opener bro. It's not up to 1k . Chew the book and if possible shallow it word for word and let it burn through you .

It helped my life a lot. Don't waste your money , time or energy going to visit pastors, alfa or what have you.
You problem is 70% solved having deciphered your problem . All you need do is apply practical solution.
God is every where . Seek him in your closet and if you are serious , one week or 7days is too much rescuebyiur destiny from satanic oppression.
Cheers and always remember God loves you for you are his son after his own image.
If God can't suffer what you are suffering, you are not permitted to suffer it. Salom ! I await your testimony.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

JESUS is the answer..
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Chemist009(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2017
.... Truth is my both parents died mysteriously when I was very young,.... and at my teenage years,I was almost a genius. But since this stuff started,I just feel a gradual dwindling of all my abilities ....... Actually graduated with CGPA of 3.47 -scoring 68 in a 6 unit project work where 2 marks would have given me 2.1 ..... And also scored 2 other 68's in that final semester..... This is just a small example
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by cnonyechi(f): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

Ur dream has shown ur future to u. This is d meaning. When ever u try to achieve some tin good u will always fail. U need to know dat there are forces preventing u from succeeding. These forces are monitoring ur progress in life and dey r successfully slowing u down.
Now solution. Hope u r a christian.At 1am every night make sure u r awake.praise God for 30mins den go into delivrance prayers tell God at d name Of Jesus to deliver u from any power or forces slowing u down and hindering ur progress. Do dis prayer for 1hr 30mins everyday for one month and my brother nothin I say nothing will stop ur progress.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by dragon2(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
To the OP
You were traumatised by the. very first nightmare.The problem,in my most humble opinion, is that you haven't let go of the nightmare for fear of being caught off guard by it.You keep the nightmare in your heart so it does not catch you when you are not looking.Let it go.Heal yourself.Look up to Christ not the troubled waters. Secondly,for goodness sake go for a medical checkup at a reputable hospital, you are not a doctor.
Free yourself for all your problems physiological and Medical.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by dragon2(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Spectre above knows what am talking about
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nedsnow(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
OP!
I don't know how old you are presently but if you are above 25 and you are still like this about your life, am so sorry bro. You really need to grow up.
Let me tell you something. Somebody who knows you very well is really dealing with you. It can either be any of your family members or people really close to you. But this person has already seen what you ve not seen about yourself or your life.
See! Don't mind all this niggas telling you to go and see one therapist or psychiatrist. If you ve been having this same trend of dream for the past 11 years and have not even tried doing anything about it, you really need to thank God you are still even alive and also worthy to call yourself an undergraduate.
I had something similar to yours but it was for like 4-5 months. Thank God for my mum and pastor uncles in my life. And also thank God for God.
You seriously need a lot of prayer. Not only by you but by so many others who can join u. This is not a battle you can fight alone. As i can see through your story, you are not even a match for 1 out of 100 of them. You really need to start now or you may find yourself useless at the end. Am just being blunt about this. So don't count my words offensive. Thank you
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by dvmofficiel(f): 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Shaibu so you finally come Nairaland come lie? Never go confess your atrocities. Shey you been dey think say na you get the life bah? When you come home last? When you see your parents and family last? Charity begins at home and you better learn to practice that which you speak. And
for the records, his real name was Shaibu until he changed it to something he wouldn't even disclose to those that knows him well.

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Chemist009(m): 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
.... Am actually 27 and am Muslim
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by eflintsone(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
u r been haunted bro , you need to go very very close to God ,Him alone can help u out
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by amba2017: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Op, you are been manipulated by witches and wizard. All you need is (1) Give your life to Jesus if you've not done so.(2) Look for a good man of God around you to assist in deliverance prayers(3) work on your mindset. (4) be prayerful
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by sonofthunder: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
awake oh thou giant that sleepest...
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
... Have since visited doctors years ago and was diagnosed of Aortic regurgitation which is under control. ..... But those recurring nightmares of same pattern and same recurring being held down subconsciously while half asleep can't just be physical,cos i have analysed it .... too many details even but can't just be mentioning all
Are you a Christian?
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by cuteme88(f): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
Thanks. ..... and my mind clearly tells me all isn't well

What actually happened to u is that u let fear over shadow uuu after hearing from another person that someone called your name. what the Devil use in attacking us is fear especially. because fear makes us powerless. fear distance us far from God. when u inbuilt fear in you then u are indirectly telling God that he lied about his promises that he would protect us. we make God the liar and that is why the most that the devil uses against us is fear. I'm scared of sleeping alone or in darkness till one day i had to say No to fear. every night i study the verse that says "the Lord is my shelter, i shall not fear" i read it over and over again and say it till i sleep off. i tell u my Spirit becomes stronger and even while i was attacked on many occasions spiritually i was never afraid.
u got to build your Spirit and first start by getting rid of the fear that grips u. No evil spirit or demonic forces have control over u except u accept it! you are the one to give them permission to have control over your life and what u lay your hands on. according to Job it says "the things i fear for is come upon me". Remember the Satan walked up to God to allow him harm his servant Job that he has been protecting this guy. let me handle him and u will see that he will curse u. God wasn't wicked when he gave Satan permission to harm Job! But Job fear let it happened. he always fear about the things that satan made to happen to past on his life.

u don't need deliverance, u aren't cursed, the person must have called your name for evil spiritual purpose but the question is, how open u let them walk right thru u to have hurt u and used to this extend
I could help guide u! and your life will change for good but i will like to tell u that i'm not gonna be the one to help u but i'll be using the great name JESUS and the Word to help u fight this battle.

I will put u in prayer and if u wanna till reach out to me. then let me know.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by upuphim(m): 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
Have been to Jesus for a cleansing power? If cleanse from all sins and Jesus takes control of your life, that will be the end of all that you have summarised. JESUS IS WAITING, IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by yvelchstores(f): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
The only answer I have is this. Any first Sunday of d month, visit any Christ embassy church by 4.30pm. It's usually live communion service with Pastor Chris. I said so because we had a lady give testimony, she suffered exactly what u have described and got her healing during one of d communion services. All d best.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by NigerianScholar: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Before you cut me off. I am a christian

And this problem might not be spiritual. It may be psychological

Do you have any major fears
Do you have ptsd
Dead relatives
Sth you havent forgotten about like a past action you regret
Doubt anxiety etc

Chemist009:

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by naijajobx: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
yes
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
Op Don't look at religion or what people will say. This is your life, run for your life and take cover.
If islam ain't helping you religiously, take cover and read book on other religion. Mostly Christian books , help your self and make a wise decision. I am a living witness and I know what I am talking about.
It's a matter of life and death and it's only a matter of time before it becomes too obvious. Now that you can still make informed decisions, run very fast and take cover. I repeat take cover. Learn to read and apply what you read .
You are not the first many suffered same and survived and in other for others to learn and escape, wrote a book about it. Find those books, I have some if you care for. Study them and make an informed decision. Ever wonder the confidence you have when you have ready information about a situation?
That situation is still tormenting you because you are still ignorant of the solutions.
I repeat , take cover . Thanks.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by MistadeRegal(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

Those attacking will not stop attacking until you are able to war them down.
I've been in such situation once before and I know exactly what you're going through.
Firstly, you must know there are some people if not only one person who is tracking your life both physically and spiritually and I'm telling you bro, if you can't pray the right way, defeating them will be difficult.
You must know anyone could be that foe, it could be even someone close even to the blood!
Turn to GOD afresh, quit any kind of filthy or immoral lifestyle because immoral lifestyle is the main power of the evil forces to weaken your spiritual life.
Watch and Pray.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Mrlouis: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
The following are wrong with you in a chronological order
1: You are open to the devil, that is to say u are doing certain things that have made u open and susceptible to invasion by dark powers of the underworld. Get your hands of sin. Anyone telling you otherwise is deceiving you. For you see, he who breaks the hedges, the serpent will bite. Make no mistakes, this is the genesis of your problem.

2: so far so good, u seem to think your nightmares and other encounters are not or rather may not have any significant negativity on you..why do I say? Yes you seem concerned but make no mistakes, an age-old antic by the evil ones is to make their oppressed captives become weak in mind so as not to seek for solution or overcome their oppression aggressively. That is why many dream of coffins and dead people and can't pray fervently at the time of waking up and still go about their daily activities as if nothing happened.. Later on, they begin to see the manifestation of their dreams and it becomes late..WAKE UP SIR, YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK.

3:You are prayerless, a prayerless man is a powerless man..believe me you, every prayer you make at the break of dawn goes a long way in engaging the power of Jesus in your life...if only u knew the forces of darkness we encounter ignorantly everyday, u will pray like a mad man. A friend of mine woke up a night and saw in his parlour, an evil presence in the form of a man..He prayed like a mad man for that week. Some days later, two people died in his compound. Be prayerful

4: Learn to Discipline your self..what you eat and drink...now u must learn to fast at times, it strengthens your innerman..Eating like a glutton makes you open to the devil. Even weak to pray at night

5: Do you have a powerful church? If you don't get acquainted with one..the prayers of serious children of God goes a long way.

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
1: be closer to God. Be a child of God...d devil gat nothing on you
2: be prayerful and be vigilant..read you bible
3: concerning this attacks, wait on the lord and see ur salvation
4: get counselling from your pastor.. If u are in a church where they are playing instead of praying, let God lead u to somewhere u will be in his presence
5: be careful of the friends u keep and ur relationship
6: Fornication opens a portal to evil powers possessing one, if u indulge, flee for ur life.
Above all, be thankful.. He will see you through

I am not a pastor, I am a concerned friend.
NB: Most of the people who die knew about their death before it came finally, why did they die, some were not sensitive and some were not strong in mind to do the above..The spiritual realm controls the physical..Do not die like a chicken, Godspeed Bro smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by segzyndpep(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
chalantmike:
become aware,wakeup, yhur still very much asleep, find yhur awaken ,wakeup take charge of yhur life.

not gifted with dream interpretation, I still have to google some of my dream symbol, just to get a verge meaning then relate to my present situation, narrow it down,be prepared.

Buh this is what I can tell yhu. if yhu trying to achieve something through the normal method and its not working, then yhur either missing/lacking something, or try another way of achieving that same thing.

will power/desire alone will not make a lizard fly,or a bird live under water,in other to fly men had to build planes, centuries ago a plane would have been the missing variable to mans flight.

my point is things yhur aiming to achieve would seem normal to yhu, after all everyone is achieving it blah blah blah.
yhur not everyone, yhur way is not there way,there way is not yhurz. plus the innermost mechanism behind people,you do not see it,this is why yhu do compare yhurself with others.

what is yhur inner mechanics?.
Know thyself. Knowledge of oneself is the only real knowledge,

you nailed it..
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Slurity(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Visit the closest Mfm church near you, explain your problems and they will follow you up on what is next to do
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by gGGODDd(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
what happens to u is that you realise urself in ur dream. when u dream u suppose not to b aware that ur in a dream but when ur spirit realises ur in a dream u try to wake up from it at that point its hard to wakeup cuz d dream is still on. so it will b like ur soul is trapped inbetween ur dream world n reality. when it happens you think you're awake but No! you're still in dream. you wud sure wake up if ur soul forces ur mind from dream world or somebody taps u. as 4 d nightmares:its a result of ur fearful thoughts. free ur mind think of fukkin badbitches b4 u sleep not bout nightmares. do not let ur fearful thoughts frighten u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] / "Only God Will Bring Buhari Back" - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.