Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health (7533 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Ugwuanyi Defies Night Rain To Enforce Curfew (Photos) / Google Maps Reveals Favourite Lagos Bars, Restaurants And Tourist Attractions / SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Marcus01: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
mooremoney:
Something must kill a man. They should free smokers joor. Why not banned alcohol too? Oh i forget it gives vitamin. Nonsense :-XSomething must kill a man. They should free smokers joor. Why not banned alcohol too? Oh i forget it gives vitamin. Nonsense
mumu. Atleast if u drink alcohol, na only u e go kill. Abi we dey share the same liver and kidney?. But smoking affects both the smoker and people around the smoker. It affects innocent people. The smoke is polluting the air. So stay in ur house and inhale ur smoke alone and also die alone. Since your life is not valuable. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by polazi(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Where can I sale iTunes card
Pls help a brother
i buy itunes card bro
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by okparea(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother
whats the amount you have i need 200 dollars
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Unimaginable123: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
oscalowi:
its actually Restaurant's bar from the post...if the restaurant has a bar.....not drinking bars generally!
that's what I'm saying. A rantuarant's bar is different from a bar aka beer parlour
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Henri8: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ban am for what? Are they mad?
What will now happen to us.
Una no let drink in peace, now una don come for our cigarette too.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by BMlova(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
Am not understanding. If I can't smoke in a bar then where can I smoke biko?!!!!!
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Goddygee(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Where can I sale iTunes card Pls help a brother
Inbox Me
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Generalyemi(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Ganja is the reason we have so many mad people on our street.

OGA sunny ,no scientific prove that ganja is responsible for Madness...is natural, nutritious,high in vitamin,calcium and fluoride.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Emperor88(m): 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother
$100 or $50 I need it for personal use
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by autonomous22: 6:44am On Jun 25, 2017
Make dem no try am .....
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by kennykg(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2017
Emperor88:
$100 or $50 I need it for personal use
I got a card for sell. Whatsapp me if you still need 08187@456977
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Kasjudy(m): 11:25am On Jun 25, 2017
exlinklodge:
Some people may think is a misplaced priority but the truth is, is not. The minister of health, Isaac Adewole, has written to the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Nigeria Police Force over the enforcement of the 2015 National Tobacco Control Act. Mr. Adewole requested for their collaboration in the enforcement of the law saying:

'It has become imperative to strengthen our collaborative efforts and to urgently start implementing and enforcing the provisions of the NTC Act 2015 in order to protect and promote the health of the citizens'.

The National Tobacco Control Act that was signed into law in 2015 by former President Goodluck Jonathan stipulates that;

1. Prohibition of the sale of tobacco products to and by anyone below age 18.

2. Ban of sale of cigarettes in single sticks; cigarettes must be sold in packs of 20 sticks only.

3. Smokeless tobacco shall be sold in a minimum of a pack of 30 grammes.

4. Ban of sale or offer for sale or distribution of tobacco or tobacco products through mail, internet, or other online devices.

5. Prohibition of interference of tobacco industry in public health and related issues.

6. Prohibition of smoking in anywhere on the premises of a child care facility, educational facility, and healthcare facility. Other prohibited for smoking include playgrounds, amusement parks, plazas, public parks, stadia, public transport, restaurants’ bar, and other public gathering spaces.

7. Prosecution of owner or manager of any of the places listed above who permits, encourages or fails to stop smoking in the above listed places.

8. Prohibition of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship of any kind.

9. Compliance with specified standards for content as set out by Standards Organization of Nigeria.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/time-to-enforce-laws-banning-smoking-in.html

as if that's the reason for buharis illness. Maybe u want to open more offices for police. But u can do that in silent, without distracting people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names / Garba Shehu: Ransom Payment Fuelling Terrorism / Reps To Summon Bank CEOs Over New Naira Note Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.