Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health (7512 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Ugwuanyi Defies Night Rain To Enforce Curfew (Photos) / Google Maps Reveals Favourite Lagos Bars, Restaurants And Tourist Attractions / SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
But Phillip morris keeps importing and BAT keep producing
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
sunnysunny69:
This ban is long overdue, if it can be enforced yes it's a good development. Tobacco is responsible for countless of cancer that killed smokers.

Yes! Smokers...

A minority...

What about the countless cancers killing non-smokers
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by CzarChris(m): 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
This is madness, pure madness. Ban smoking in bars? How the hell did we end up with such a useless set of leaders?
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by OBku4(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
Wetin dey worry these ones sef
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by richol(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ban it from soldiers and police first
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by xdos(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Good development but the question is.. How are they going to know who is 18yrs and above. Not everyone in Naija has an ID or carry ID card on them.
For this to work, the FG must ensure that NIMC registers all Nigerian.
In the States, specifically Albany, they refused selling alcohol to my friend and I just because we were not carrying our IDs. Our beards and matured faces could not convince them we are above 18.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by odaniel1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Stupid govt stupid idea work on your health centres & pay your doctors well you retards!!:p

2 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by emperorAY(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
Omo wobe no go like dis story o
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by adekennis(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Where can I sale iTunes card
Pls help a brother
drop ur digit
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by mmsen: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
sarrki:
Not good news for the tobacco coy

Good development sha

No one should care about the tobacco industry, they sell death but because it is an accepted part of western culture much of the rest of the world allows it.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother

Paxful.com
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by mmsen: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
xdos:
Good development but the question is.. How are they going to know who is 18yrs and above. Not everyone in Naija has an ID or carry ID card on them.
For this to work, the FG must ensure that NIMC registers all Nigerian.
In the States, specifically Albany, they refused selling alcohol to my friend and I just because we were not carrying our IDs. Our beards and matured faces could not convince them we are above 18.

Facial hair isn't proof of age, just proof of puberty.

Maybe if ID became needed (as it is when banking) then more Nigerians would understand the necessity to get/carry proper ID.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by maxiquadrian(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
Addicted smokers gon be like

aye mi modaran
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by chubbygal(f): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hahahah till then !

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by xdos(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
The ID system is a bit flawed in Nigeria. Letz take voter's card for example. I did my voters card in a faraway place while I was working there. It didnt come out until I left there. The voter's card is there but there is no means of getting it to my current location.
The other is the NIMC which should give one a national ID. When one registers, the ID doesnt come out in a yr or 2. So not many take it serious. Yea I have an International passport which also details my profile but most people dont have. Infact I only got one after I secured a job that requires lot of travelling.
That is why I think that part may not work here in Nigeria.
mmsen:

Facial hair isn't proof of age, just proof of puberty. (I like this)

Maybe if ID became needed (as it is when banking) then more Nigerians would understand the necessity to get/carry proper ID.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Jamexjulius(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Where can I sale iTunes card Pls help a brother
call or WhatsApp me 0.8.0.6.5.9.18.8.1.2
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Jamexjulius(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Where can I sale iTunes card Pls help a brother
call or WhatsApp me 0.8.0.6.5.9.18.8.1.2
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by hotboy2016: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother

Call 08139230487,for immediate sales
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by roeb1987(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nigerias are with standard and great policies, especially the political office holders but the implementation is a great problem for them. because, most of this policies affect them the most.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by mikkypel(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Stevengold:

cheesy they've closed down his mini tobacco company.

Shey people won't die now.... Like say dem politicians sef no dey smoke
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by oscalowi: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
its actually Restaurant's bar from the post...if the restaurant has a bar.....not drinking bars generally!
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by scobyy2007: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
exlinklodge:
Some people may think is a misplaced priority but the truth is, is not. The minister of health, Isaac Adewole, has written to the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Nigeria Police Force over the enforcement of the 2015 National Tobacco Control Act. Mr. Adewole requested for their collaboration in the enforcement of the law saying:

'It has become imperative to strengthen our collaborative efforts and to urgently start implementing and enforcing the provisions of the NTC Act 2015 in order to protect and promote the health of the citizens'.

The National Tobacco Control Act that was signed into law in 2015 by former President Goodluck Jonathan stipulates that;

1. Prohibition of the sale of tobacco products to and by anyone below age 18.

2. Ban of sale of cigarettes in single sticks; cigarettes must be sold in packs of 20 sticks only.

3. Smokeless tobacco shall be sold in a minimum of a pack of 30 grammes.

4. Ban of sale or offer for sale or distribution of tobacco or tobacco products through mail, internet, or other online devices.

5. Prohibition of interference of tobacco industry in public health and related issues.

6. Prohibition of smoking in anywhere on the premises of a child care facility, educational facility, and healthcare facility. Other prohibited for smoking include playgrounds, amusement parks, plazas, public parks, stadia, public transport, restaurants’ bar, and other public gathering spaces.

7. Prosecution of owner or manager of any of the places listed above who permits, encourages or fails to stop smoking in the above listed places.

8. Prohibition of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship of any kind.

9. Compliance with specified standards for content as set out by Standards Organization of Nigeria.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/time-to-enforce-laws-banning-smoking-in.html

A classic example of misplaced priority.

Focus on electricity, water, healthcare, education.

When those are in place then things will fall in place.

#CartBeforeHorse

Further Thoughts:

Nobody is going to remember the administration that banned smoking.

But they'll remember the one that ushered in 24/7 electricity and enabled manufacturing investment.

Or the one that facilitated clean drinking water in all houses.

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by braveheart008(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother

I buy iTunes card
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Abayomi94(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother
08180851997 contact me on whatsapp for fast and honest trade for itunes giftcards,Amazon cards etc..it must not be more than $100 per single card. Looking forward to transacting with you.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Unimaginable123: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
The minister of health should re-read no 6. "restuarants' bar" (that's bar of restuarants that sell alcoholic drinks) not restaurants and bars. What kind of people do we have in the helms of affairs in this country if people don't smoke in bars, popularly called beer parlours, where else can they smoke?
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Blue3k(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Blue3k(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Inept government why did you make rules and not enforce them? These sort of regulations are difficult to enforce. Fine the bar or restaurant and person smoking. Nobody smokes in hotel rooms and planes.
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Kelvin1019: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
Dis man na fool o. The only tin we de use endure nigeria . If u ban am u will hear from us
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Generalyemi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
sunnysunny69:
This ban is long overdue, if it can be enforced yes it's a good development. Tobacco is responsible for countless of cancer that killed smokers.

ganja is better,if u can eat well
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by sunnysunny69(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Generalyemi:

ganja is better,if u can eat well
Ganja is the reason we have so many mad people on our street.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today / NAF To Provide Low Cost Post-Service Housing For Personnel (Photos) / The Moment Benue State Governor Runs 1km On Foot To Espace Death (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.