Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

AMAZING Quotes By Football Legends That Prove He Is The Greatest Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AMAZING Quotes By Football Legends That Prove He Is The Greatest Ever (356 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends / Seven Football Legends Who Retired In 2019: Sneijder, Xavi, Cech, Robben / Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AMAZING Quotes By Football Legends That Prove He Is The Greatest Ever by Okimski(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lionel Messi celebrates his 30th birthday on Saturday, June 24, 2017

- The Argentine forward can be regarded as one of the greatest footballers ever

- NAIJ has compiled some quotes by other football legends on the Barcelona star

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi celebrates his 30th birthday on Saturday, June 24, 2017, NAIJ.com can authoritatively report.

Despite not winning a major trophy with the Argentine national team, the five-time Ballon d'Or can be regarded as one of the greatest footballers ever.

As the Argentine forward celebrates his 30th birthday, NAIJ.com has compiled some quotes by other football legends on the Barcelona star.

Checkout some amazing quotes by other football legends that prove Messi is the greatest player ever;

"I like Messi a lot, he’s a great player. Technically, we’re practically at the same level." - Pele

"For me, to watch Messi play is a pleasure – it’s like having an org*sm – it’s an incredible pleasure." - Luis Figo

"It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who do not see that are blind." - Xavi

"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine soccer and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius." - Diego Maradona

"He is always going forwards. He never passes the ball backwards or sideways. He has only one idea, to run towards the goal. So as a soccer fan, just enjoy the show." - Zinedine

"Diego [Maradona] filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona." - Diego Simeone

"For the world of soccer, Messi is a treasure because he is a role model for children around the world… Messi will be the player to win the most Ballons d’Or in history. He will win five, six, seven. He is incomparable. He’s in a different league." - Johan Cruyff

"Messi does not need his right foot. He only uses the left and he’s still the best in the world. Imagine if he also used his right foot, Then we would have serious problems." - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

"It feels good to be in the same generation as him. I believe he’s the best player in the history of the sport." - Gerard Pique

"Messi is the best in the world without any doubt and for me the history of soccer." - Luis Enrique

"Lionel Messi is quite clearly the best player ever. It’s a pleasure to pit myself against him and when I finish my career it’s something I can look back on and know I’ve tested myself against the very best." - John Terry

"Messi is God, as a person and even more as a player. I knew him when he was a boy and I’ve watched him grow. He deserves it all." - Samuel Eto'o

"Messi is class. There is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary." - Franck Ribery

"Although he may not be human, it’s good that Messi still thinks he is." - Javier Mascherano

"We give him the ball and stand back and watch. People often say to me they saw Pele and Maradona play. In the future, I will be able to say I saw Messi play." - Thiago Alcantara

"Is Messi a real player or a PlayStation character?" - Radamel Falcao

"I have never seen anyone like Leo Messi. He is a miracle from God! I like it when he does his things on the field. It's not jealousy - I feel good, for instance, when he nutmegs someone." - Arda Turan
https://sports.naij.com/1111717-quotes-by-football-legends-prove-messi-greatest-player-ever.html

(1) (Reply)

Porto Accuse Benfica Of Using Witchcraft To Win Past Two Seasons / Breaking News: Conor Mcgregor Brands Floyd Mayweather A 'stupid, Baldy T***' And / Neymar Says Hes Happy At Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.