Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends (26528 Views)

Seven Football Legends Who Retired In 2019: Sneijder, Xavi, Cech, Robben / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Mrsoundoro(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nigerian football legend and ex- assistant manager of the Nigeria national football team, Daniel Amokachi, shared this throwback photo that features himself and other legends including Jay Jay Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, Celestine Babayaro, Taribo West, Mutiu Adepoju and Tijani Babangida.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/10/03/check-out-this-throwback-photo-of-nigerian-football-legends-okocha-kanu-oliseh-amokachi-and-others/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by savagemani(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by jesvic91(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
See oliseh's cone head

Nobody should quote me

I'm nor feeling fine

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by liohan: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
When men were boys.

These men were ready to die for Nigeria.

That was when you're proud of being a Nigerian.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by bazzman1991: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
R

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by drips8(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
Sunday oliseh really changed.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Kellie069(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
True legends. Glad I saw them play this leather game

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Pelaiye2703(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
Na dem...
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Commentor: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
That time the players dey mature before dem play for super eagles.

Not all these sagging jeans set.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Nickisindigo(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
next one pls
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Amstupid(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
Dis 1️⃣ can't ball � Na

Go to � Brazil �� and see � legends cool

I no � sure say dem carry any � cup self
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by ZombieTAMER: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
babayaro really started early

Oliseh always looked hungry

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Mightyhaiz: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nice
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
Finidi was a very technical player

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by thundafire: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Loud mouthed Oliseh

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Premiumwriter: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
Me wey nor de watch football
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by twinskenny(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Tijani babangida

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by omo1478(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
That was when football being played. Enjoying the tacticality of round leather game.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Commentor: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
Amstupid:
Dis 1️⃣ can't ball � Na

Go to � Brazil �� and see � legends cool

I no � sure say dem carry any � cup self

They won African Nations cup in 94. Rufai, Amokachi, Jay Jay, finidi, Oliseh.

Qualified Nigeria for the world cup for first time ever.

Had Highest ranking attained by any African team at the time and I'm tempted to believe ever.

Won Olympic gold. Tijani, Cele, Taribo, Amokachi, Oliseh and of course Kanu.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Starboytwo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
From Left

Okocha, oliseh, finidi, kanu, babayaro, taribo, mutiu, babangida, amokachi....

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by madenigga(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Okocha and KANU are still relevant till today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
ZombieTAMER:
babayaro really started early

Oliseh always looked hungry

but his shot powers were always fire.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by olu77(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Bad boys. Reminds me of Nigeria 99 and Atlanta 96 when eaglets where still golden and eagles where still super and flying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Top (L-R): Austin "Jay Jay" Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Finidi "World Class" George.

Middle (L-R): Kanu "Papilo" Nwankwo, Celestine Babayaro, Taribo West

Bottom (L-R): Mutiu "Headmaster" Adepoju, Tijani "Okada" Babangida, Daniel "Da Bull" Amokachi...

Legends of the First Golden Generation of Nigerian Football (The era of the 1990s - early 2000s)

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Starhearts: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Babayaro wen re u coming back to States.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Treasure17(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Taribo west my man

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Amstupid(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

They won African Nations cup in 94. Rufai, Amokachi, Jay Jay, finidi, Oliseh.

Qualified Nigeria for the world cup for first time ever.

Had Highest ranking attained by any African team at the time and I'm tempted to believe ever.

Won Olympic gold. Tijani, Cele, Taribo, Amokachi, Oliseh.
DAT 1 Na cup Me wey I won principal cup nko angry
Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by Commentor: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Amstupid:
DAT 1 Na cup Me wey I won principal cup nko angry

You made the school Almanac na.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends by NORSYK(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Baba yaro still holds the record of the youngest player ever to play in champions league

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua / Videos Of The Renovation Of Teslim Balogun Stadium / Little Nigerian Wonder Boy Shows Off His Football Skills(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.