Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? (1523 Views)

How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by luckyCO(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2007
Am aware according Jn 14:14 that we should say our prayers through Jesus Christ, But I don't know number of times one should use that it becomes abuse, direspect or hypocrisy or others. Is it supposed to use in Jesus Name as a filler while praying?

One man challenged a fellow over leading a closing prayer for about 1 Min and 10 Seconds. Within he used 19 In Jesus name and 12 Father King of Glory. According to the man in every 3 words one In Jesus name and every 4 words one Father King of Glory. Is there anything wrong with that?

Am not saying that it is wrong but am seeking you opinion.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by ruescho(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2007
If u pray your prayers through Jesus Christ, as u said, its enough.
He will know its in his name, even if u dont mention it every three words.
He himself tells us not to make to many words when praying,
just say the Lords prayer.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by TV01(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2007
Matthew 6:7 - And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

I am not saying that it is wrong either  grin.

God bless
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by layi(m): 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2007
We are in the dispensation of grace. If he's in right standing with GOd, God hears him.

When we pray In jesus name, we are not chanting words. We are only expressing the fact that we prayed under his authority/in his stead.

We were taught that prayer before his crucifixion. Now God is both Jesus and MY father. Truth be told, U can talk to your heavenly father without using the words "In Jesus Name" and your prayers would still be answered. Just talk like you would your father. I say In jesus name as a sign of obeisance and appreciation to Jesus not necessarily as a "chant" to get my prayers answered.

Its just an expression of a spiritual fact not a ritual
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by Bobbyaf(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2007
Am aware according Jn 14:14 that we should say our prayers through Jesus Christ, But I don't know number of times one should use that it becomes abuse, direspect or hypocrisy or others. Is it supposed to use in Jesus Name as a filler while praying?

One man challenged a fellow over leading a closing prayer for about 1 Min and 10 Seconds. Within he used 19 In Jesus name and 12 Father King of Glory. According to the man in every 3 words one In Jesus name and every 4 words one Father King of Glory. Is there anything wrong with that?

Am not saying that it is wrong but am seeking you opinion.

I see your point and its a valid one. Its not necessary and, I find it a big tun off. Imagine talking to a friend and he is constantly saying your name ever so often. Notice Jesus' model prayer to His disciples? Notice how many times He used the word "Father" Only once did He use the title "Father"
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by Keziah(f): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2007
Bobbyaf:

I see your point and its a valid one. Its not necessary and, I find it a big tun off. Imagine talking to a friend and he is constantly saying your name ever so often. Notice Jesus' model prayer to His disciples? Notice how many times He used the word "Father" Only once did He use the title "Father"
[/quote]
[quote]

True talk. As true Christians in line with Matt 6:7, i think we should adhere to the instruction there and stop being hypocrites for once. I don't think those that do such things will appreciate it if they were in such position.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by barikade: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2007
When Jesus spoke on prayer in Matthew 6:7, He wasn't discouraging anyone calling upon the Name of the Lord several times. What He did was refuting making vain repetition.

Anyone reading His prayer in John 17 will find that He mentioned the Father no less than six times - in just one prayer! Again, in the same night of the Gethsemane prayer, we read that He prayed the third time, saying the same words (Matt. 26:44).

Sometimes, when prayers were made by the saints, there was no mention made robotically or mechanically of "Jesus' name." In Acts 2:14-15, it was enough that they addressed the Lord -

"And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place."

Praying in the Name of the Lord Jesus is not merely a matter of mechanical pronouncement or a sort of 'formula'. The Lord Jesus pledged His name to believers' prayer as the authority that unlocks the power, grace and divine riches that the Father promised to His children.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by cuteass1(f): 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2007
Prayer is a thing of the heart, say "in the name of Jesus" as many times as it comes natural. The number of times it should be said is not concrete smiley But always remember to say it while concluding your prayer because then it is sealed and the  devil won't dare to tamper with it lol cheesy
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by Orikinla(m): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2007
What will determine the answer to your prayer is not the number of times you call or shout the name of Jesus Christ, but how much you believe in him.

You know Jesus Christ always asked, do you believe?

And the only way you can prove that you believe in Jesus Christ is by living according to his Word.

God bless.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by luckyCO(m): 11:55am On Feb 08, 2007
Thanks so far for your responses. May God bless you all.
Re: How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying? by agnesoseka: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2007
1mil times I guess.lol

(1) (Reply)

Where Did Jesus Get His Name / Does God Gives Riches And Wealth / My Warning To Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.