Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics (659 Views)

Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2017
I just want to ask my fellow Catholics a question,
Is there a time you'd come to church and you shouldn't go for the holy communion. Like if you come to church when the Gospel has been read and the sermon is over, should you still receive it.
Or is it that anytime you come to church, even if you came so late, as long as you came when it's still being given you should receive.

Please your answers will be appreciated
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by brandonobi(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2017
u have to be in church before the rev father says "in the name of the father..."
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by Nutase: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Yes na.
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by CAPSLOCKED: 9:16am On Jun 25, 2017
kellytuns:
You have to be in church before the 1st 2nd and 3rd reading and homily before you can receive the body and blood of Christ

ONE CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER..
WHEN YOU ALL WILL REALIZE THAT ALL THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME...
AND ALSO THE MOST EXTREME LEVEL OF "BULLSHITRY"

Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by kellytuns(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2017
You have to be in church before the 1st 2nd and 3rd reading and homily before you can receive the body and blood of Christ
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2017
brandonobi:
u have to be in church before the rev father says "in the name of the father..."

But there are some unavoidable things that can make one be late to church, does it mean that if you are not in church when the mass begins, you shouldn't reactive holy communion
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2017
Nutase:
Yes na.

Yes as in you shouldn't or you should
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

ONE CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER..
WHEN YOU ALL WILL REALIZE THAT ALL THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME...
AND ALSO THE MOST EXTREME LEVEL OF "BULLSHITRY"

That's your own opinion about religion, but try not to make fun of my own opinions so I don't have to hit the report button.
I did indicate this thread was for Catholics
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2017
kellytuns:

Ok
That's a nice a answers
Thanks
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by CAPSLOCKED: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2017
EpicMaurice:

That's your own opinion about religion, but try not to make fun of my own opinions so I don't have to hit the report button.
I did indicate this thread was for Catholics

I JUST CAME BACK HOME FROM ST. LEO'S CATHOLIC CHURCH IKEJA.
I'M A CATHOLIC, OR, I WAS BORN INTO A CATHOLIC FAMILY SO.. I DO WHAT MOST PEOPLE DO; GO TO CHURCH WITH THEIR FAMILIES.

I ALWAYS GET VERY HUNGRY IN CHURCH. MAYBE DUE TO THE USUAL BORING SERMONS AND CEREMONIES.

IT WAS WORSE TODAY... GOT SO HUNGRY, HAD TO GO FOR HOLY COMMUNION 2 TIMES AND WASHED IT DOWN WITH 2 BOTTLES OF HOLY WATER.

I INTEND TO GO BACK THERE LATER TODAY FOR EVENING MASS.

I THINK THE BODY OF CHRIST IS VERY DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS, AND SHOULD BE MADE READILY AVAILABLE IN EATERIES AND BEER PARLOURS EVERYWHERE.
Re: I Have A Question, Strictly For Fellow Catholics by EpicMaurice(m): 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I JUST CAME BACK HOME FROM ST. LEO'S CATHOLIC CHURCH IKEJA.
I'M A CATHOLIC, OR, I WAS BORN INTO A CATHOLIC FAMILY SO.. I DO WHAT MOST PEOPLE DO; GO TO CHURCH WITH THEIR FAMILIES.

I ALWAYS GET VERY HUNGRY IN CHURCH. MAYBE DUE TO THE USUAL BORING SERMONS AND CEREMONIES.

IT WAS WORSE TODAY... GOT SO HUNGRY, HAD TO GO FOR HOLY COMMUNION 2 TIMES AND WASHED IT DOWN WITH 2 BOTTLES OF HOLY WATER.

I INTEND TO GO BACK THERE LATER TODAY FOR EVENING MASS.

I THINK THE BODY OF CHRIST IS VERY DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS, AND SHOULD BE MADE READILY AVAILABLE IN EATERIES AND BEER PARLOURS EVERYWHERE.

Just want to ask, what do you aim to achieve with this post now

(1) (Reply)

People Of God,is The Real Name Of God Yahweh Or Jehova / Humanitarian Gifts Reverend Father Brand New SUV In Imo,Gives Him Cash Gift(pics / Help!!how Do I Get To Use Binaural Beats?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.