Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Slept On A Snake On My Bed - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Slept On A Snake On My Bed (37819 Views)

I Slept With My Brother-in-law Unknowingly, Woman Tells Court / My Husband Has Shunned My Bed For Too Long, Please Separate Us - Wife Tell Court / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Tedassie(m): 4:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Ah...OP,e fit be say na that ex wey talk say e go show you pepper
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:
I just am still feeling somehow. Let me start from the top.

I moved into a new flat in Benin City recently. But I left my things in my other apt in Lagos. So I am still putting the House in order. I only have my electronics in the parlour but the rooms have been fixed up. I also have paid the guys making the seats but they are yet to finish up so in d interim I am using the carton of my TV to lay in the parlour while I watch TV whenever I'm home.

So this morning, I woke up said my prayers and stepped into the parlour. Opened the front door briefly and locked it, went back to my bathroom and washed my mouth. Then came back into the parlour to watch morning news.

I layed on the carton as I always do, but I was feeling some movement beneath the foamed part where I rest my head, at first I felt it was the from adjusting but on a second thought I got up to arrange it.

As I took the white foam up to shift it a little higher, lo and behold, a snake crawled out from beneath my "pillow". I felt like disappearing. I screamed snake and my cousin who came in yesterday ran out of his room and gallantly killed the snake.

Usually I don't get afraid, I killed animals and even went hunting in the past, but this was a close call. I've been so full of thanks to God. "Though I "sleep" on snakes...I shall not be bitten.

My chair must be finished tomorrow wether they like it or not. I've been patient enough.

Make Una thank God for me oo
Chai! It was probably there the whole night.

Close your windows when not around too.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by mechanics(m): 5:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Thank God, the only God who protects us from evil and sudden death.

1 Like

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by holluikon(m): 6:06am On Jun 26, 2017
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Garrirevenge(f): 6:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Eyah. The snake was only using your body temperature to regulate it own.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:

I moved into a new flat in Benin City recently. But I left my things in my other apt in Lagos. So I am still putting the House in order. I only have my electronics in the parlour but the rooms have been fixed up. I also have paid the guys making the seats but they are yet to finish up so in d interim I am using the carton of my TV to lay in the parlour while I watch TV whenever I'm home.

So this morning, I woke up said my prayers and stepped into the parlour. Opened the front door briefly and locked it, went back to my bathroom and washed my mouth. Then came back into the parlour to watch morning news.

I layed on the carton as I always do, but I was feeling some movement beneath the foamed part where I rest my head, at first I felt it was the from adjusting but on a second thought I got up to arrange it.

As I took the white foam up to shift it a little higher, lo and behold, a snake crawled out from beneath my "pillow". I felt like disappearing. I screamed snake and my cousin who came in yesterday ran out of his room and gallantly killed the snake.

Usually I don't get afraid, I killed animals and even went hunting in the past, but this was a close call. I've been so full of thanks to God. "Though I "sleep" on snakes...I shall not be bitten.

My chair must be finished tomorrow wether they like it or not. I've been patient enough.

I think you should fix a net door if you are the type that like keeping the doors open
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Temptee101(m): 7:07am On Jun 26, 2017
Foxrain:

It didn't bite you all through the night, you could have sent it on its way. I doubt you are an igbo
In other words, he should have waited to get bitten first before he had the license to kill it.
Op was just lucky he didn't get bitten by that poisonous creature. Wait until you experience such firsthand before coming here to preach to us hiding under someone else's experience.

Yes I am a full blooded IGBO, years ago my friend got bitten by a snake on our back from an exam and died the next day

1 Like

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by wizkidblogger(f): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2017
Probably one of your ex babes; a snake girl grin
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by decub: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:

Just wondering; how/from where did it enter? You just threw me out of bed! I detest this creature!
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by ebby9z(m): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2017
Chisos! Very frightening. You're like Daniel who used lions heads as pillows. It's a big testimony o. If na I go run commot that house for ar least a month and fumigate the hell out if the place
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:42am On Jun 26, 2017
sisisioge:
Dearlordinheaven! I couldn't finish this. Now I have to check my beddings every time I want to go near the bed shocked

Lmao
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by newoffer: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2017
Buy sniper n fumigate d whole compound
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by ogbiwa: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:

Hmm a testimony bro. That's part of why as a personal rule in my house, my entrance door is never open for more than a few seconds except when I'm passing or doing something around the door so I can still keep a watchful eye. This ensures my house is always as much as possible, sealed tight. And it has paid dividends. In over two years living there I've barely had issues with mosquitoes, flies or any such insects. I've never had a rat in my house not to talk of something like a snake.

1 Like

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by pepperdem001(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
thank God for ur life
nd y u plug sumtin unda ur pillow
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by crisisexpert321(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Snake on tiles or cement is not common. How did it enter the house? Trace it, if not more might coming through same place. When you have more properties in the place you cud be living with one

1 Like

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Boyooosa(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:
But I left my things in my other apt in Lagos. So I am still putting the House in order. I only have my electronics in the parlour but the rooms have been fixed up. I also have paid the guys making the seats but they are yet to finish up so in d interim I am using the carton of my TV to lay in the parlour while I watch TV whenever I'm home.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A 'DANGOTE SON' TO FURNISH/FIX A ROOM OF THIS SIZE? WELL, ITS UR ROOM, HANDLE IT...
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Banter1(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2017
Thank God for your life OP. According to Nat Geo Wild, cobra can kill within 5mins if not treated on time.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by bamasite2: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2017
IT STILL BAFFLES ME WHY SNAKES WERE CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

FORGET RODENT POPULATION CONTROL AND OTHER ECOSYSTEM THEORIES................
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by freeDR(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2017
busariabeyx24:

Non venomous you mean
Any difference?
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Olive4(f): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2017
you should be consigned how it came in there now instead of being in chairs
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by vioment: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2017
It don't make sense. Not + up.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by TKDEE(m): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2017
cry guy why u kill the innocent snake that came to say welcome?
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by poppop: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2017
@Globalgisting thank God for your life! Wow!
Where could it have crawled from? Please look out for cracks or space underneath your door.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by NkayTiana(f): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
embarassedwhere in benin, let me come and flex it with you
GlobalGisting:

Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by shumuel(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:

in this kind of situation my fear isn't the snake but how it got there, i thought they say snake can't crawl on tiles
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
Your morning prayer saved you. ALL GLORY TO GOD.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by Harrisee(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
There's none like Our God. He did it for you
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by SHOCK7(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Benita27:
Op, Thank God for your life. If I were in your shoes I would have relocated. I dislike snakes. grin

This is a testimony.
babe u need to be more informed b4 'ur impetuous actions,dat snake was most likely not poisonous & they 'r e not man's biological enemies.
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by SHOCK7(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Piercedclit:
Jesus! See big long snake. Thank God it didn't bite you. That's a poisonous one.
Lalasticala issa front page material oh. Food iyaf done! cheesy
No it's not likely poisonous 2 h umans as we 're not its biological enemies !
Re: I Slept On A Snake On My Bed by EfemenaXY: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
Creepy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.