Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List (523 Views)

APC Reacts To Atiku's Signature Of Peace Accord / My Dead Daughter's Name Appears On Dino Melaye's Recall List (Photo) / Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by Celcius: 6:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Dino Melaye, representative of Kogi west senatorial district in the national assembly, says names and signatures of dead constituents are on the list of the signatures collected to influence his recall.

Addressing reporters in Lokoja, the state capital, on Sunday, Melaye said the signature of a dead biology teacher was found on the list.

Melaye, who spoke through Abubakar Sadiq, one of his aides, described the recall process as a failed exercise.

“Let me also sound authoritatively that here in Lokoja local government council, several others whose names and signatures appeared on the list of the signatories to this failed exercise were identified and known to us as being dead long before now,” he said.

“Such people like late Abdullahi Abubakar, his immediate younger sister, late Halima Lawal Abubakar and Ibrahim Adama of unit code 021, Adankolo Ring Road in ward ‘A’, Lokoja local government council.

“The name of a former governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state, late Chief Rotimi Obadofin precisely from Iya-Gbede axis, was on the list.

“Also one late Salihu Black of Gegu-Beki town, Kogi local government council who until his death was a biology teacher in Government Secondary School, Koton-Karfe, also appended his signature on the recall list.

“This recall exercise was hatched in Kogi government house due to the manner in which Senator Dino Melaye consistently challenges and engages the government over non-payment of workers’ salaries and pensioners for over 15 months; and also the constant closure of tertiary institutions.”

Melaye also faulted the over 188,000 signatories of electorate submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

He wondered how his opponents arrived at that figure when the total vote cast in the last senatorial election of 2015, both valid and rejected, was “merely 111, 000 for all the candidates that participated”.

But Yahaya Bello, governor of Kogi, has advised Melaye to stop worrying about INEC.

Bello, who spoke through Petra Onyegbule, his chief press secretary, said facts about the constituents were with INEC which had the responsibility of verifying the signatures.

“There is nothing for the distinguished senator to be worried about. INEC has set July 3, for the public verification of signatures and the date is around the corner; there is no point burning their energies all over the place,” Onyegbule said.

She said the allegation that signatures were collated in government house was “absolutely false, as no single signature was collated there”.

https://www.thecable.ng/melaye-signature-dead-biology-teacher-appeared-recall-list

Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by DrSuleiman100: 6:59am On Jun 26, 2017
OK, we are watching
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by Lucasinho(m): 7:00am On Jun 26, 2017
hmm
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by thesicilian: 7:09am On Jun 26, 2017
This is nothing but a distraction technique.
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by Realist2: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2017
Karma must be laughing loud at Dino now.
Dino do you remember that your GEJ F9 T-shirt you designed that time, and rented crowd to occupy Nigeria then.
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by GasAndOilTheory(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2017
Lol even the Dead wants him to be recalled
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by Celcius: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2017
GasAndOilTheory:
Lol even the Dead wants him to be recalled
What a way to put it.
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by abacus(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2017
Let Dino wait for INEC to do its job na. It's early someone should tell him.
Re: Melaye: The Signature Of A Dead Biology Teacher Appeared On My Recall List by HottestFire: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Dino one of the early APC's regrets of voting him into power.
The guy is still acting as an opposition member even when he is in the ruling party. grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Criticize Buhari For Issuing Audio Message In Hausa Language / Biafra Referendum: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US / The North Cannot Hold Nigeria Hostage – Afenifere, Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.