Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,507 members, 7,954,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) (34189 Views)

Mass Resignation Looms In INEC In Aftermath Of Elections - Vanguard / Breaking: INEC In Emergency Meeting Over Presidential Election / Politicians Buying Pvcs From Voters – INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by CastedDude: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has received a formal petitioned from Senator Dino Melaye constituents. A total number of 188,580 out 360,098 totally voters registered in the outgoing Senator constituent have signed the petitioned . Six bags, which contained the signatures of 52.3 percent of the electorates from the zone and other petitions, were submitted to the electoral Commission, in Abuja...

Attached is the acknowledged copy of the petition received by INEC today in Abuja.

More importantly, men of the press were on ground to covere the historic recall of a Senator by his constituents in Nigeria.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/inec-receives-signatures-on-dino-melayes-recall.html

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by CastedDude: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by PrettyCrystal: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
hope Dino will survive this

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by domejike(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
I can't wait to see the very end because I already know the direction #trash

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by BigBelleControl(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino! Going!! Gone!!!

16 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by madridguy(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino must go bag tongue

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by policy12: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
And this one too shall pass..

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Jirate(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
APC.....Change, this is what I call Dino Malice. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
This is an eye opener to all Nigerian. All our legislaloots should be recall.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by UltraSphinx(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kogi Kombat v2.017 featuring Dino & Yahaya Bello grin grin... with cameo appearance from the Western Kogi Recallers band

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by deji68: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
well, read this..... see how "easy" it is to recall a senator cool
section 69 of the 1999 Constitution give 10 clear steps to take before a Senator can be recalled from the Senate.
The steps are:
More than half of the registered voters in the Senator’s senatorial district write, sign and send a petition to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC alleging their loss of confidence in the senatorial
The petition must be signed, and arranged according to polling units, wards, Local Government Areas, and constituency.
INEC notifies the Senator sought to be recalled, stating that it has received a petition for his or her recall, if the petition is valid
INEC issues a public notice or announcement stating the date, time and location of the verification of signatures to the petition
INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the designation. The signatories must be individuals who appear on the voters’ register.
INEC conducts a referendum if more than one half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified
INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the minimum requirements for a referendum were not met, if the number verified is less than one half of the registered voters in that constituency. The petition will therefore be dismissed.
INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency.
If majority of the voters in the constituency vote ‘yes’ the Chairman of the INEC will send a Certificate of Recall to the Senate President to effect the recall.
The Senate President will show affected senator the way out of the Senate.
Please tell me how a Senator can therefore be successfully recalled with the above steps.
Culled from Dele Aina wall.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Larwin(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
grin grin

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
AjekunIya version II loading....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by axglide(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Dino...oh no.

You might call this witch hunting, but I personally think that Dino denigrated his office and was in many forms childish. Seems to be uneducated with so called 7 degrees.

He totally forgot about this route, thinking only tribunal can oust him.

This is a lesson to others, and mysteriously there ain't others behaving like him.

To manipulate this one now go hard as Saraki comot Dino enter.

Meanwhile, abeg run away from plastic rice.

http://asknigeria.com.ng/topic/248/health-implications-of-plastic-rice

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by GloryCardinal(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Open Newspaper, Evans! Open Facebook, Evans! Open Whatsapp, Evans! Open Television, Evans! Open Billboard, Evans! Open East, Evans! Open West, Evans! Open North, Evans! Am even afraid to open this indomie noodles I just bought........ Biko, Who is Evans??

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Wizkhalifa2(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Can we remove Buhari like this? grin

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by MrRhymes101(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
After all d noise they will not recall this man. I think it's just a way of distracting kogites from d realities on ground

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by ajalawole(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Hope dino will not full those bags with money back to kogi sha sad
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by gwmlogistic: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Dino they are coming for you, let's see how u shake this off,

In other news;

Reasons why you should secure your property with our self activating fire extinguishers

https://www.nairaland.com/3871215/secure-properties-these-self-activating
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by unlimitedsoundz(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
My God!!!

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by vickodedon(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
If them lyk make them load am for trailer. My guy go still free lyk him OGA
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Anikulhapo(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
deji68:
well, read this..... see how "easy" it is to recall a senator cool
They are just in level two.. Even though I don't really like Dino but I don't want him to be recalled, he is the most vocal senator we have in Nigeria, Bello should pay workers and not spend the little resources on Dino's recall... Dino can't be recalled

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by kolafolabi(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Senator Dino Melaye

The only Senator that wanted to impregnate fellow Senator.

The only Senator that wanted to rape a fellow Senator.

The only senator that visited and took photographs at their party leader's street in Lagos.

The only Senator that wore a graduation gown to the Senate

The most controversial of all time.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by chinex276(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
hahaahajahahaha

he that sings the song of the spirit must sure dance the dance of the spirit.
... pete edochie 1914
oga dino e don be for u

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by odsophi82(f): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
chisos!!
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Petersamuel8(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Dino is nigeria best senator (take it or leave it)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Banter1(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
hope Dino will survive this
Hope not

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Kadejo(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
you guys sef
Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Petersamuel8:
Dino is nigeria best senator (take it or leave it)

For real? I believe say na joke u crack.

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: The Bags Of Signatures From Voters Received By INEC In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
GloryCardinal:
Open Newspaper, Evans! Open Facebook, Evans! Open Whatsapp, Evans! Open Television, Evans! Open Billboard, Evans! Open East, Evans! Open West, Evans! Open North, Evans! Am even afraid to open this indomie noodles I just bought........ Biko, Who is Evans??

one of d major share holders in Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri ‏gives A Caption To Buhari's Photo As He Returned To Abuja / Nigerians Mock Buhari's Government On Twitter With #makechangegreatagain / Ize-Iyamu: "I Am A Senior RCCG Pastor, I Preach Every Sunday"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.