Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Chude Jideonwo, Writes On 2a.m Encounter With A Homeless Man In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chude Jideonwo, Writes On 2a.m Encounter With A Homeless Man In Lagos (488 Views)

My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones / Lady Takes Care Of A Homeless Street Boy She Met In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chude Jideonwo, Writes On 2a.m Encounter With A Homeless Man In Lagos by joshkiddies: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
Red Media Boss, and President Buhari's media strategist in the 2015 Presidential election, Chude Jideonwo has taken to Instagram to write a heartwarming post on meeting a homeless man in Lagos by 2 a.m.

According to him, he met this man after his car's 3 tyres went flat. Here's what he wrote;

"So, my car went into a huge pot-hole at about 2am today, on my way from Akpororo's excellent show. And then three of my tyres - THREE - went kaput. Kaput. Metal on road. I kept driving for about 5 minutes until I found a well lit place to park.

I came out with my ipad and my phone, and then a guy - he later told me his name is Fatai - emerged from under the Empire bus stop bridge and asked what was wrong. The to-the-point cliche about the exact kind of person you should run away from when you're stuck on the road at 2am - no one else with you, or around. I explained, and told him I was going to get help. I already resigned myself to being 'obtained' on some level.

But then he said, it's okay, he would stand watch over the car from me. He would keep it safe while I found a solution. And he did. As did the taxi driver who helped me go round finding spare tyres all around Surulere. Both of them became my guardian angels, telling me what to do, helping me change my tyres, assuring me I'd be fine.

It still makes no sense to me, you know? It would have been more rewarding for Fatai to take my phone, my iPad or something from the car. What possesses a man who has no home, and hangs around bridges at night and even has no phone l to choose empathy / even if in hope of a tip / over easy theft? To commit to helping a stranger in the middle of the night, and to keep his word? I am glad for the burst tyres. I seriously am.

Any experience that refreshes my faith in the human spirit is a gift. /// Including my team members - three of them - who insisted on coming out at 3am to help. Thank you, Jesus for sending me angels. I live for moments like this!"

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/president-buharis-campaign-strategist-chude-jideonwo-writes-2a-m-encounter-homeless-man-lagos.html

Lalasticlala

Re: Chude Jideonwo, Writes On 2a.m Encounter With A Homeless Man In Lagos by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
joshkiddies:

It still makes no sense to me, you know? It would have been more rewarding for Fatai to take my phone, my iPad or something from the car. What possesses a man who has no home, and hangs around bridges at night and even has no phone l to choose empathy / even if in hope of a tip / over easy theft? To commit to helping a stranger in the middle of the night, and to keep his word?

The above is part of the reason why Nigeria is doomed. Nigerians themselves EXPECTING another Nigerian down on his luck to automatically be a thief/liar; a Nigerian down on his luck to automatically become a criminal... Then later on we cry"foul" when foreigners are doing exactly the same thing?!

Charity starts at home and until Nigerians believe in Nigerians FIRST, then don't expect foreigners to do so.

Very sad that this man (who worked for the pres) should have such a view, and hopefully he proudly AND positively views Nigerians now
Re: Chude Jideonwo, Writes On 2a.m Encounter With A Homeless Man In Lagos by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Kids Thread!!!! Shoe Available / In Need Of A Painter? / Naval Officer Who Allegedly Infected Wife With HIV Drags Her To Court For Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.