Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable (1332 Views)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by newmaster(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:07pm GMT Print | Single Page[-] Text [+]
ABUJA, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Nigeria's cabinet unanimously resolved on Wednesday that President Umaru Yar'Adua was not incapable of discharging the functions of his office despite a two-month absence for medical treatment in Saudi Arabia.

"The medical treatment outside the country does not constitute incapacity to warrant or commence the process of the removal of the president from office," the Federal Executive Council said in a statement read by Justice Minister and Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Felix Onuah; Writing by Nick Tattersall; Editing by Louise Ireland
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by desgiezd(m): 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
I have always known this would be the outcome and anyone expecting something different from these bunch of lily-livered opportunists would be living in self delusion.  Now that the Senate is requesting a letter from the President concerning his AWOL, let's see how he would escape handing over to the VP.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by naijaswag1: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
You see what am saying.When people started having hope after the 14 days ultimatum,I warned against it.These men are heartless.But what they cannot do is to give life.If not they would have given the dead man life.Everybody should take to the streets.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by blacksta(m): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
So what happens now or next - I guess bad government is back to square one - I guess by Law the FEC dont have to provide evidence on how the judgement was reached

Long live the federal republic of Nigera
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
desgiezd:

I have always known this would be the outcome and anyone expecting something different from these bunch of opportunists would be living in self delusion. Now that the Senate is requesting a letter from the President concerning his AWOL, let's see how he would escape handing over to the VP.

Nope, its still a good thing. Now we have them on record saying that the President is still capable of discharging the functions of his office even though he has not been available to discharge those functions. We have had Justices swearing Justices etc.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by desgiezd(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
blacksta:

Long live the federal republic of Nigera

Correction please

Long Live the Federal Confused Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by sammyzacks(m): 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
FEC is a bunch of irresponsible crooks. What is Dora still doing there? The good guys among them, if any should resign immediately because very soon, their shame will appear to all!
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
I think we are making progress as far as the Yar'adua issue is concerned.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by mazaje(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
What do you really expect? Do you guys expect the ministers to declear that the president is unfit to rule?
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by DrKnow1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
So the National Assembly has been rendered useless. Can someone tell me whether the FEC members are now medical experts to arrive at a conclusion that Yar'Adua is not incapable. This a bureaucratic system of government and not a democracy. I hate Andoaaka and his cohorts.
What next now?
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by naijaswag1: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
Until Nigerians who always murmur that their government is bad take to the streets and ignite a revolution that will shake the black continent,we will continue  going round in circles until 2011 presidential elections.The wicked men in Abuja will continue to shortchange us if no action is taken by the masses who are at the receiving end.Since Nov 23 2009,nobody talks about the economy,its all about the president's poor health.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
Dr Know:

So the National Assembly has been rendered useless. Can someone tell me whether the FEC members are now medical experts to arrive at a conclusion that Yar'Adua is not incapable. This a bureaucratic system of government and not a democracy. I hate Andoaaka and his cohorts.
What next now?

I did not quite understand the bit in bold.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by kuramo: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2010
If the FEC had the audacity to unanimously conclude the moribund President is not incapable of discharching his duties as President , one can only pray that Yar 'Adua  gives up the ghost without any further delay in the interest of 150 Million Nigerians.

I hate to say this but Yar 'Adua must die if the country is to move forward.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by naijaswag1: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
kuramo:

If the FEC had the audacity to unanimously conclude the moribund President is not incapable of discharching his duties as President , one can only pray that Yar 'Adua  gives up the ghost without any further delay in the interest of 150 Million Nigerians.

I hate to say this but Yar 'Adua must die if the country is to move forward.

If you wish Yar'Adua death,you will be vilified.I did that on 31st Dec 2009 and received condemnation but it is very clear that Yar'Adua hates this country.He is very selfish.I wonder what stand the cowards that inhibit Nigeria will take this time around.If i have the necessary resources to mobilize 10 million Nigerians on the streets indefinitely,I will do that right way.The bad aspect is that those who are making noise that have the resources to do execute such action won't bring out their money.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by DrKnow1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2010
mikeansy:

I did not quite understand the bit in bold.

With the FEC declaring that Yar'Adua is not incapable, The Nass cannot invoke section 145 by setting up a team of medical experts to ascertain the true medical condition of Yar'Adua. If Yar'Adua refuses to write vacation letter, there is nothing they could do. Jonathan will remain as Vice President 'Acting for the President' The only option remaining for NASS  is to go the impeachment way, which I very much doubted.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by aloyemeka2: 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2010

Digital image of what Yar'adua looks like now
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by kuramo: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nightmare at Aso Rock starring Freddy Yar 'Adua Kruger.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by newmaster(m): 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
waooo is this yaradua skeleton or wat?
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by ayettymama(f): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
CAN YOU BElIEVE THIS COMPLETE BS

seriously nigerians need to take matters into thier own hands now

ie the ruthless assasinations of all corrupt gov.t leaders

and the political dogs that enable them!!

*the country doesnt stand a chance otherwise*
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Gbawe: 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
sammyzacks:

FEC is a bunch of irresponsible crooks. What is Dora still doing there? The good guys among them, if any should resign immediately because very soon, their shame will appear to all!

Dora is a crook too and a shameless sycophant to boot. What Nigerans need to understand is that 50 million Nigerians will die before these self-serving men and women do the right thing. Even before Yar Adua took ill all these Ministers and top officials of the Yar Adua Government have gotten away with murder -literally - because of how Yardy is constantly too distracted with his health to care about the incompetence and frenzied looting going on right under his nose !!!! While Aondoakaa was brazenly 'shaking down' wealthy Nigerians ,involved in graft cases , for cash to get them a "soft landing" ala Ibori , Ruma is busy diverting the entire budget of the Ministry of Agriculture into his own private account !!!

Now that Yardy is comatose can any Nigerian reasonably expect blatant crooks like Aondoakaa , morally bankrupt Akunyili and bigoted feudalist  like Tanimu Kurfi to move against a President that has made all their lives a "sweet dream" ? Babalola , for example , failed to deliver 6000 MW of power by December 2009 as promised yet he disgracefully retains his job !!!! Why on Earth will Babalola then move against a man who fails to punish his unforgivable indolence and incompetence that would have resulted in dismissal under almost anyone else?

Nigerian leaders are getting away with gross misconduct under Yar Adua and they will not be in a hurry to stop the big, fat gravy train Yardy represents!!! It is Nigerians that have to act to rid themselves of Yar Adua. Furthermore , in future and under a decent government  we must insist that no place is made for the likes of David Mark, Bankole, Babalola, Ruma, Akunyili, Aondoakaa, Yayale, Kurfi and their regressive ilk !!!
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by ayo84(m): 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
what they have just said is that, they are not ready to stop their stealing of public funds,not just yet, the status quo has to remain
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by DrKnow1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2010
Dark cloud gathering, I could smell an imminent trouble brewing
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by ayettymama(f): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2010
i agree YARADUA MUST DIE!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by kuramo: 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
We need something along the lines of Orange Revolution in Nigeria, otherwise things will continue as they are.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Gbawe: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
ayo84:

what they have just said is that, they are not ready to stop their stealing of public funds,not just yet, the status quo has to remain

Precisely !!! Unless the Nigerian people themselves act , we should expect more shamelessly illogical announcement and anti-Nigerian actions from disgraceful men and women who have sold their soul cheaply to the Devil .
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by Otobroto(f): 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
kuramo:

We need something along the lines of Orange Revolution in Nigeria, otherwise things will continue as they are.

Nothing indeed!.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by BlackRevo: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
When i was shouting that we should stop blaming the VP for our problems and take matters into our own hands. People were castigating me for supporting a so called coward VP in their opinion. A capable president that was missing during the mutallab issue and the recent jos crisis is not capable of discharging his duties.

This is just the signal for a civil revolution against these evil people, i will be creating a thread for that soon.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by ayettymama(f): 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
^^ i wonder how it can happen??

i was still telling my friend i wished i was a man

God knows i bare my chest and execute anyone

who is bent on preventing nigeria from progressing

so thats why he made me a woman! haba lol

anyways with what ever your planning im here to support it
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by naijaswag1: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
Black_Revo:

When i was shouting that we should stop blaming the VP for our problems and take matters into our own hands. People were castigating me for supporting a so called  coward  VP in their opinion. A capable president that was missing during the mutallab issue and the recent jos crisis is not capable of discharging his duties.

This is just the signal for a civil revolution against these evil people, i will be creating a thread for that soon.

It is not by creating threads.NairaLanders who are Nigerians are cowards.Rallying NairaLanders to a revolution is a waste of time.People come here to amuse themselves.If you want to get millions on the streets try other avenues.
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by kuramo: 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
The solution is

GREEN REVOLUTION BY THE NIGERIAN MASSES. ( 150 Million of us minus the crooks in government )
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by DrKnow1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ i wonder how it can happen??

i was still telling my friend i wished i was a man

God knows i bare my chest and execute anyone

who is bent on preventing nigeria from progressing

so thats why he made me a woman! haba lol

anyways with what ever your planning im here to support it

What has gender got to with revolution?
Re: Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable by ayettymama(f): 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2010
naija_swag:

It is not by creating threads.NairaLanders who are Nigerians are cowards.Rallying NairaLanders to a revolution is a waste of time.People come here to amuse themselves.If you want to get millions on the streets try other avenues.

well dear its gotta start from somewhere

be it nairaland

or someones parlor in a remote village

whats important is something is done

(1) (2) (Reply)

96 Osama-Bin-Fulanis Arrested For The Massacre / Community Based Insurance Scheme / Ondo Commissioner's mom Kidnapped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.