Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Simulated Universe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simulated Universe (712 Views)

Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / The Super Computer Called God And The Simulated Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simulated Universe by DeepSight(m): 8:06am On Apr 01, 2018
AgentofAllah

This is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7klJ1IpfRI
Re: Simulated Universe by AgentOfAllah: 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
DeepSight:

AgentofAllah

This is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7klJ1IpfRI

Thanks for the tag Deepsight. Finally finished watching it..phwww!

It was a loaded 76 mins material that promised to provide "an in-depth look at the bizarre evidence that the universe could be a computer simulation". Unfortunately, with the exception of its general "bizarreness", it failed to live up to that promise.

In the whole 76 mins, the narrator was very authoritative in her delivery, but was not able to provide a single verifiable evidence that supported her claims. Instead, she was excessively dependent on the anecdotal accounts of other people. It's a bit suspicious that none of these abductees/intercosmos voyagers thought: "Wait a minute, people will be skeptical of my claim, so to strengthen it, let me pocket one small alien device that is unlikely to have been created by an earthly human."? I find that all too convenient! If there's anything I've learned in my short existence, it is that humans are capable of fantastic imaginings; and someone claiming something to be true doesn't make it so.

In addition, all the aliens were inexplicably anthropomorphic, what with their humanoid fingers and feet, sometimes, being even capable of communicating with humans directly; and making suspiciously earthly remarks that could only make sense if it were said by an earthly human. I guess such a scenario is not entirely inconceivable, but it is just too coincidental that the universe is without reason, anthropocentric!

Then the bit that really got me wondering was when one of the voyagers claimed he saw the whole universe on support rods, and it had stopped growing...hmmm okay...I dunno, but sounds very much unlike the universe I know. Again, it is conceivable that this may happen in some distant future, but it's just too speculative at the moment to accord any sort of consideration. A static universe, as far as the current laws of physics are concerned, is the most unlikely outcome of all the possible ends to our universe.

To be honest, I've been disappointed by the misuse of the word "evidence", and the promoters of this material really should take that old admonition, "never promise too much", very seriously. However, it's not all disappointment! This material was not at all lacking in the creativity department. Stories like those that featured, particularly the intercosmos voyager one, if properly executed, can definitely become a Hollywood blockbuster worth paying for.

3 Likes

Re: Simulated Universe by DeepSight(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
AgentOfAllah:

Thanks for the tag Deepsight. Finally finished watching it..phwww!

It was a loaded 76 mins material that promised to provide "an in-depth look at the bizarre evidence that the universe could be a computer simulation". Unfortunately, with the exception of its general "bizarreness", it failed to live up to that promise.

In the whole 76 mins, the narrator was very authoritative in her delivery, but was not able to provide a single verifiable evidence that supported her claims. Instead, she was excessively dependent on the anecdotal accounts of other people. It's a bit suspicious that none of these abductees/intercosmos voyagers thought: "Wait a minute, people will be skeptical of my claim, so to strengthen it, let me pocket one small alien device that is unlikely to have been created by an earthly human."? I find that all too convenient! If there's anything I've learned in my short existence, it is that humans are capable of fantastic imaginings; and someone claiming something to be true doesn't make it so.

In addition, all the aliens were inexplicably anthropomorphic, what with their humanoid fingers and feet, sometimes, being even capable of communicating with humans directly; and making suspiciously earthly remarks that could only make sense if it were said by an earthly human. I guess such a scenario is not entirely inconceivable, but it is just too coincidental that the universe is without reason, anthropocentric!

Then the bit that really got me wondering was when one of the voyagers claimed he saw the whole universe on support rods, and it had stopped growing...hmmm okay...I dunno, but sounds very much unlike the universe I know. Again, it is conceivable that this may happen in some distant future, but it's just too speculative at the moment to accord any sort of consideration. A static universe, as far as the current laws of physics are concerned, is the most unlikely outcome of all the possible ends to our universe.

To be honest, I've been disappointed by the misuse of the word "evidence", and the promoters of this material really should take that old admonition, "never promise too much", very seriously. However, it's not all disappointment! This material was not at all lacking in the creativity department. Stories like those that featured, particularly the intercosmos voyager one, if properly executed, can definitely become a Hollywood blockbuster worth paying for.

I mostly agree.

I posted it for you because of your remarks a long time ago regarding what astonishing possibilities may be... such as our universe even being a mere atom or cell in the body of another being.

I liked that thought because it is one i have had and generally speaking the idea that we live in a simulated universe is one i strongly relate to.

Having said that, i agree, the evidence is unremarkable.

1 Like

Re: Simulated Universe by AgentOfAllah: 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
DeepSight:

I mostly agree.

I posted it for you because of your remarks a long time ago regarding what astonishing possibilities may be... such as our universe even being a mere atom or cell in the body of another being.

I liked that thought because it is one i have had and generally speaking the idea that we live in a simulated universe is one i strongly relate to.

Having said that, i agree, the evidence is unremarkable.

Thanks for posting it. I figured it was that answer of mine that got you to post it; and I actually do love conspiracy theories a lot. They allow me explore the possibilities in alternate universes without having to invest much thinking, myself. I guess I would have enjoyed it more, if they hadn't tried so hard to legitimise it.
Re: Simulated Universe by Outofsync(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2018
So wait... why was this thread created
Re: Simulated Universe by wyzoe: 5:43pm On May 26, 2018
Outofsync:
So wait...
why was this thread created

grin

(1) (Reply)

"Why Did God Use A Lying Spirit To Deceive Ahab?" / Healer Killed In 'bullet-proof' Charm Test / Is It A Must For Everyone To Accept Christ Before He Can Be Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.