Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,311 members, 7,954,248 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday (2518 Views)

Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always / Having Ur Husband Niece Stay With U, Wat Are The Challenges And Ways Out? / What Will U Do If Ur Husband's Mistress Calls U With His Line? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by chy4luv: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
My husband always forget my birthday,its really getting on me
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by dani1luv: 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2010
Im not married cheesy
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by SALady(f): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
@Poster please forgive him, men sometimes even forget their own birthday. They dont attach as much importance to this day. Sit him down and tell him how it makes you feel everytime you have to remind him of your birthday and make him understand how important this day is to you.

Try the following tricks

1. Get him into a culture of marking important dates in an annual calendar make sure everybody's birthday that's important to him is marked and that he actually does something on that birthday, even if its about giving those people a mere phone call, he's bound to get used to it,

2. Secretely save your birthday in his mobile phone and activate a reminder for 12am that should help

3. Spoil him rotten on his birthday that'll make him want to outdo you on your birthday

4. Visit this topic again on your next birthday nd tell us how it went. Remember he is just being a typical male Good Luck,
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
I think women attach too much big deal to that day and their Anniversary
Personally, everyday is my woman's birthday, cos i do appreciate her daily and dont have to wait for some special day.
i think ladies needs to cut men some slack when it comes to dates

We have too much in our head to worry about
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
Aww, i'm sorry to hear that! 

Please don't take the passive-aggressive approach. Some men just aren't good at this sort of thing. Put a calendar right on the fridge as a reminder for him, and If he still doesn't get it let him know it bothers you and how you feel. Communication is the key!

Also, treat yourself to something nice and special.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by mixie: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
I love SA Lady's tips. most guys aren'y into dates and all, but if you let him know how you really feel and go out of your way to make his own day very special, he'll definitely want to out-do you.
@fhemmy: yep! we do attach a lot of importance to birthdays and anniversaries. that's just us for you. good that you celebrate wifey everyday, some other guys need a push up.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Tsiya(m): 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
Is it birthday or birth date?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Spanishfly(f): 12:34am On Jan 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think women attach too much big deal to that day and their Anniversary
Personally, everyday is my woman's birthday, cos i do appreciate her daily and dont have to wait for some special day.
i think ladies needs to cut men some slack when it comes to dates

We have too much in our head to worry about

I'm getting confused with these men issues. Ok Fhemmy if the guy keeps missing dates and does not inform the woman, he cannot make it and has never remembered her birthday, what is she to do in this case? What can be said about the man?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
Spanishfly:

I'm getting confused with these men issues. Ok Fhemmy if the guy keeps missing dates and does not inform the woman, he cannot make it and has never remembered her birthday, what is she to do in this case? What can be said about the man?

It is very easy, remind the man, say a week or some days to the date and he will do what you expected of him.
I have a policy: NEVER EXPECT, SO YOU DONT GET DISAPPOINTED
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is very easy, remind the man, say a week or some days to the date and he will do what you expected of him.

She can remind her man all she wants to but what's the use if he doesn't remember! Women are highly Sensitive, they want to feel very special and loved.

Everyone deserves to feel special, and if you are a boyfriend/girlfriend, you inadvertently signed up for that responsibility.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
fifi09:

She can remind her man all she wants to but what's the use if he doesn't remember! Women are highly Sensitive, they want to feel very special and loved.

Everyone deserves to feel special, and if you are a boyfriend/girlfriend, you inadvertently signed up for that responsibility.

But not remembering the date does not equals to not being special.
There could be so much in his head at that time. . . . .
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 12:31am On Jan 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

But not remembering the date does not equals to not being special.
There could be so much in his head at that time. . . . .

To me, my birthday and everyone elses is a special day. A day to celebrate because thats the day you came into this world.

So much that he 4gets her B'day always?. Seriously, remembering important facts about a person, makes them feel like they are special.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Spanishfly(f): 2:20am On Jan 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Easy really? What if dating for over 3years and has never called to say happy birthday because he can't remember plus the date, you also call him that same day to remind him, at the end, he doesn't show up plus no call/text, what is one to do in this case?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by madlady(f): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2010
chy4luv:

My husband always forget my birthday,its really getting on me

Do not let  it upset you. kiss

My Father always forgot my Mother's Birthday, I always bought the gift,flowers and card for him he would then give it to her grin,she knew but she was fine with it.

If you are a fairly new bride then I can see it would irk a bit cry, but do not let it pray on your mind, the real thing is that he treats you well and respects you.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
fifi09:

To me, my birthday and everyone elses is a special day. A day to celebrate because thats the day you came into this world.

So much that he 4gets her B'day always?. Seriously, remembering important facts about a person, makes them feel like they are special.

No one says, the day is not very important, but what is the big deal who remind the other . . . .He is your man, you love him, and accepts his faults, remind him like 2 days before, okay, lemme teach you how to do it.

Let us assume your bday is February 1st. . . .Today is January 29th
So tonite: Darling, u always forget my B'day oh, and it hurts oh, so remember the next one is Feb 1st oh
Next day . . . . I will be another year older tomorrow hon
I am sure that man will not forget on that day.
tongue
Spanishfly:

Easy really? What if dating for over 3years and has never called to say happy birthday because he can't remember plus the date, you also call him that same day to remind him, at the end, he doesn't show up plus no call/text, what is one to do in this case?

Well, if you remind him and never show up on that day, then, that one get as he be, are you sure, he is not a Jehovah Witness man?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

No one says, the day is not very important, but what is the big deal who remind the other . . . .He is your man, you love him, and accepts his faults, remind him like 2 days before, okay, lemme teach you how to do it.

So tonite: Darling, u always forget my B'day oh, and it hurts oh, so remember the next one is Feb 1st oh
tongue

It's easier said than done. I bet ya, if you were in her shoes it will be the other way around. tongue

Well, if you remind him and never show up on that day, then, that one get as he be, are you sure, he is not a Jehovah Witness man?

LOL, you've got jokes!
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
fifi09:

LOL, you've got jokes!

I am being serious, instead of losing sleep over something that u dont have to.
For me, it is just another day that God has given me, and only me can decide if i wanna be happy cos some calls came in, or cos someone came to chop my cake with me or not, and i can decide to be miserable.
It is just another day . . . . . .
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Spanishfly(f): 1:33am On Jan 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

tongue

I'm sure you r talking like this 'cos u r a man. Let me put it the other way round, we have been dating for so long, years, I've never remembered your birthday but you always remembered mine. I promise to see you today, I never show up, call or even text I can't make it again a couple of times, what would you do in that case or how would u feel?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Tsiya(m): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
As far as a man is concern the day you were born is not important to him. It is the day you met and the day you will die that are important to him, and that is if he truly love you.

Why should a person be overtly concerned about a date that do not have a meaning? I can't understand why people are even celebrating the date they are born. Nobody can remember what he did when he was born. It is your parents that you should be worried if they can't remember when you were born. Your Dad and Mother are the people that were around. Why should a person who have no record in his memory be bothered to remember some meaningless dates.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by ifyalways(f): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
SA Lady:

@Poster please forgive him, men sometimes even forget their own birthday. They dont attach as much importance to this day. Sit him down and tell him how it makes you feel everytime you have to remind him of your birthday and make him understand how important this day is to you.

Try the following tricks

1. Get him into a culture of marking important dates in an annual calendar make sure everybody's birthday that's important to him is marked and that he actually does something on that birthday, even if its about giving those people a mere phone call, he's bound to get used to it,

2. Secretely save your birthday in his mobile phone and activate a reminder for 12am that should help

3. Spoil him rotten on his birthday that'll make him want to outdo you on your birthday

4. Visit this topic again on your next birthday nd tell us how it went. Remember he is just being a typical male Good Luck, 
co-signed
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by iice(f): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
Somehow, its the other way round for me grin
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 31, 2010
iice:

Somehow, its the other way round for me grin

lucky you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
Like i have said, it is just another day
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Spanishfly(f): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
Fhemmmy pls answer my question

Spanishfly:

I'm sure you r talking like this 'cos u r a man. Let me put it the other way round, we have been dating for so long, years, I've never remembered your birthday but you always remembered mine. I promise to see you today, I never show up, call or even text I can't make it again a couple of times, what would you do in that case or how would u feel?
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
There is nothing i can do.
BTW . . . . i have a policy "NEVER EXPECT, SO YOU DONT GET DISAPPOINTED" and that has worked for me so far.
I dont even remember my own b'day.
However, depending on you, i will do my best to remember, if i can, and if i forget, i will do my best to make it up. . . . .but if you so adamant about it, i rather walk
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

There is nothing i can do.
BTW . . . . i have a policy "NEVER EXPECT, SO YOU DONT GET DISAPPOINTED" and that has worked for me so far.
I dont even remember my own b'day.
However, depending on you, i will do my best to remember, if i can, and if i forget, i will do my best to make it up. . . . .but if you so adamant about it, i rather walk

Oh, trust me, it will change if it's the other way around.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by fifi09(f): 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am being serious, instead of losing sleep over something that u dont have to.
For me, it is just another day that God has given me, and only me can decide if i wanna be happy cos some calls came in, or cos someone came to chop my cake with me or not, and i can decide to be miserable.
It is just another day . . . . . .

Different Strokes for Different Folks.
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Fhemmmy: 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
I will not be bothered, and if it bothered me that much i will find a way to deal with it.
There are more important things
Re: Do U Remind Ur Husband Your Birthday by Nwaka77: 4:20am On Feb 02, 2010
@Poster
Nope! That is because I am not married to a man that suffers from a severe case of amnesia.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Being Marginalised? / Husband And Wife Whose Suppose To Be Richer / My Father Hate Her Late Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.