Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,923 members, 7,852,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Keshi Welcomes Amodu’s Invitation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Welcomes Amodu’s Invitation (578 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Welcomes Amodu’s Invitation by mojojojo(m): 6:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
Amidst reports linking Mali’s national team coach, former Super Eagles handler and ex-skipper, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi with a return home to assist Coach Shaibu Amodu at the World Cup in South Africa , The Big Boss says he is available for the task.

Keshi said in a chat with brilafm.net that it would be his pride to serve Nigeria alongside Amodu since they have a close relationship, and recalls that they worked together to qualify the team for the Korea/Japan Mundial in 2002.

“Amodu Shaibu and I, we are like brothers. We qualified Nigeria for Mali 2002 and we never had the opportunity to be in a training camp.

“We did one week training camp in Otta the, from Otta, we went to play a friendly game. We also quailed Nigeria for the World Cup in 2002.

“Myself, Shaibu and Coach Erico then. Yes, if it is the wish of Nigerians and good for the well being of Nigerian football. It is not a problem if we work together again.

“I will never turn my back on my country. We spent 20 years or more with the Nigerian team and I still feel part of the team,” he confessed.

[url]http://brila-fm.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2156%3Akeshi-welcomes-amodus-invitation&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=76[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Do U Have A Soccer Club U Support: Host Soccer / Don't Blame The Coach / Odemwingie Blasts Amodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.