Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

TELECOMS Or IT Advisory - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TELECOMS Or IT Advisory (529 Views)

Apply Now: Vantage Advisory Recruitment 2018 / FG Inaugurates Advisory Group On Technology, Creativity / A Strong Boutique Investment Bank Or Pwc(deal Advisory) For Investment Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TELECOMS Or IT Advisory by optionA: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi NL,
I'd need the help of Career advisors!
Hello all, I'm having sleepless nights deciding which of this options to go for.
I'm a grad of Computer Engineering. Over the course of my school days and for the few jobs i had, I became interested in ICT and Telecoms because i worked in both telecoms and IT solutions.
Recently I got an offer in Telecoms as a field Engineer while I got another in an IT Advisory in one of the Big four. These offers seem like once in a life time as there is a age limit to applying for them.
I plan to be a IT consultant many years from now but then I cant be a consultant without having an experience in the field as well.
So, I'd like to know if anyone has been in a career making decision like this where both paths might lead somewhere different.
Also, I'd like to know the pros and cons of choosing one over the other, if possible how i could get to be a consultant in both.
Thanks

cc AjanleKoko et al
Re: TELECOMS Or IT Advisory by Muyamz(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2017
Hello bro,

I would definitely advise you to go for the role of an IT in one of the big four. Telecom is a fantastic start but the truth is you have to be futuristic. Once a project ends in Telecoms, you may have to wait earnestly to get another otherwise you might be redundant.
I know this for a fact having worked in the Telecom sector for a while.

GoodLuck! Wishing you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

9 Signs You Have Outgrown Your Job / If You Are A Single But Old-for-marriage Lady, You Need To Read This / Nigeria’s Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.