Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie (8134 Views)

Gracious David-West Wearing David Ibiyeomie's 5 Nights Of Glory Tag In Prison / David Ibiyeomie Welcomes Bishop Oyedepo As He Dedicates CIA / David Ibiyeomie Uses Limousine For His Awareness Rally In Port-Harcourt (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Thisis2raw(m): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pastor David Ibiyeomie is the founder and General Overseer of Salvation Ministries. He is an accomplished minister of God and is extremely popular among Nigerians. He is also known as one the richest pastors in Nigeria. His church is one of the fastest growing ministries with over thirty branches across the globe. Here are the most interesting facts from David Ibiyeomie biography.

Before he became a pastor

David Ibiyeomie's date of birth is October 21, 1962. He was born in Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria. However, he is from Bolo Town in Rivers State. David Ibiyeomie had his primary education from 1969 till 1974 at Banham Primary School, Port Harcourt. He continued his education at Government Comprehensive Secondary School Borikiri, Rivers State. There he had his secondary school education from 1974 till 1979. In 1980, he got admission into Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt. There he studied Microbiology.

In 1995, David Ibiyeomie gave his life to Christ. Not quite long after he became born again, he discovered God and had a divine calling to serve Him. This was what motivated him to enroll under the mentorship of Bishop David Oyedepo. In 1996, he attended the Word of Faith Bible Institute of David Oyedepo’s Ministries for a full-time Bible School programme. The standards and impact of Bishop David Oyedepo’s Ministry had a significant influence on David Ibiyeomie.

After he became a pastor

After he had completed Bible school at Bishop Oyedepo’s Word of Faith Bible Institute, he began a house fellowship meeting. He started by having meetings with family and friends at his home. In 1997, Pastor David Ibiyeomie moved to Port Harcourt where he began Salvation Ministries (Glorious Chapel). On Sunday the 13th of April 1997, the ministry began with more than thirty people in attendance. The first meeting took place at Government Residential Area, Phase 1, Port Harcourt. In the same 1997, the church was moved to a bigger place.

Today, Salvation Ministries, the Home of Success, has become one of the fastest growing church in Nigeria. David Ibiyeomie's ministry has set a record number growth in the history of church movement in Nigeria. One of which includes the establishment of fourteen satellite churches in one day. David Ibiyeomie now pastors millions of worshippers all around the world. The church has more than 130 branches in and outside Nigeria. Over two hundred pastors help David Ibiyeomie with the work.

Pastor David Ibiyeomie is also a televangelist. In 2001, he started The Hour of Salvation on the NTA Network, Port Harcourt. This program is now televised on more than forty television networks both within and outside Nigeria. He also has a radio talk show on Salvation Radio, which has audience in different parts of the world. In a bid to carry out his God-given mandate, Pastor David Ibiyeomie also holds a programme, 5 NIGHTS OF GLORY every year.

Pastor Ibiyeomie is also a creative writer and author. He has written over fifty-five books. Some of them became best-sellers.

Besides being a pastor, he is also a humanitarian and has made countless number of contributions to his state. He has sent relief material to people who have been affected by wars and natural disasters in places like Jos, Bayelsa, Liberia, etc. His ministry contributed thousands of dollars to the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Nigeria. The contributions were used to renovate and buy modern equipment for the pediatrics section of the hospital. He also reconstructed the wall surrounding a primary school and many roads in Port Harcourt. Currently, they are constructing a shelter facility for old people to protect and care for senior citizens that require health care and daily assistance.

Pastor David Ibiyeomie is happily married to Pastor Mrs. Peace Ibiyeomie. Together they have a son, David Ibiyeomie Jr.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2018
He is also very charismatic with a good sense of humor. He also cannot preach without mentioning money, money, money.

Ergo, Mammon is his god. He also has some parlour tricks up his sleeve.
Anyway, his services are enjoyable. I for go today. Just not in the mood to waste money this Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by HigherEd: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2018
Nice...
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
He is also very charismatic with a good sense of humor.
He also cannot preach without mentioning money, money, money.

Ergo, Mammon is his god.
He also has some parlour tricks up his sleeve.
He learned from one of the best

Ranchhoddas:
Anyway, his services are enjoyable. I for go today.
Just not in the mood to waste money this Sunday.
1/ Out of curiosity how did you start going to Salvation Ministries?
2/ Why Salvation Ministries?
3/ What attracts you to Salvation Ministries?
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
He learned from one of the best

1/ Out of curiosity how did you start going to Salvation Ministries?
2/ Why Salvation Ministries?
3/ What attracts you to Salvation Ministries?
Lol.
I am currently in Port Harcourt where his church is based. I have many relatives here and most of them go there.
When I'm bored I accompany them. I also like the fact that his services do not take a lot of time.

His services are entertaining really. He has mastered the art of subtly threatening his congregation with poverty if they do not give till it hurts.

He is also very good at bragging about how much money he has made via giving.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Lol.
I am currently in Port Harcourt where his church is based.
I have many relatives here and most of them go there.
When I'm bored I accompany them.
Always remember to eat the hay and spit out the sticks.

Ranchhoddas:
I also like the fact that his services do not take a lot of time.
Clever

Ranchhoddas:
His services are entertaining really.
He has mastered the art of subtly threatening his congregation with poverty if they do not give till it hurts.

He is also very good at bragging about how much money he has made via giving.
Do you know who he learned all that jagbanjatis from?
It's not even from that Oyedepo's Bible School programme where he went to cut his teeth.
Guess.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Always remember to eat the hay and spit out the sticks.

Clever

Do you know who he learned all that jagbanjatis from?
It's not even from that Oyedepo's Bible School programme where he went to cut his teeth.
Guess.
I have no idea. I always thought he was Oyedepo's disciple. They are very similar in the way they operate
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I have no idea. I always thought he was Oyedepo's disciple.
They are very similar in the way they operate
Mike Murdock.
I bet your lovely relatives in PH have loads of Mike's book lying around their houses besides Ibiyeomie's

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Mike Murdock.
I bet your lovely relatives in PH have loads of Mike's book lying around their houses besides Ibiyeomie's
They probably do. I don't know.
But he has learnt well. In fact he has become a master with several disciples of his own.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
You havent been observant enough
but I know you will now and will be on the look out to see any Mike books lying around, after hearing that name,

Ranchhoddas:
But he has learnt well.
In fact he has become a master with several disciples of his own.
I am not surprised
He made a good choice in singling out Mike Murdock

The best way with them, to double your money, is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by InansBobo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
two funny people above me angry
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by HappyPagan: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
But he has learnt well. In fact he has become a master with several disciples of his own.
When we go see? I dey Kaduna now sha.. Go show by weekend.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

When we go see? I dey Kaduna now sha.. Go show by weekend.
Will be here till end of the year at least and probably longer all things being equal. So anytime is fine I guess.
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
InansBobo:
Wetin funny there?

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 1:49am On Dec 13, 2018
InansBobo:

Ranchhoddas:
Wetin funny there?
You dey mind am.
His frowning is inconsequential.

He doesnt know it takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile.

When there is a thousand and one reason to smile
why take 43 muscles to frown,
when it only takes 17 muscles to make a smile
and let the other 26 muscles relax
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by InansBobo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

You dey mind am.
His frowning is inconsequential.

He doesnt know it takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile.

When there is a thousand and one reason to smile
why take 43 muscles to frown,
when it only takes 17 muscles to make a smile
and let the other 26 muscles relax
cheesy are you a comedian?
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by InansBobo(m): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Wetin funny there?
una discussion up there. Although true but from a shallow reasoning of the subject
Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Ranchhoddas: 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
InansBobo:
una discussion up there. Although true but from a shallow reasoning of the subject
Maybe you should help us with a deep one then

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by MuttleyLaff: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
InansBobo:
cheesy
Now that is much better.
Nothing beats a great and beaming smile
and it looks good on you.

Smiling increases the face value.
As a matter of fact, it is almost impossible to smile on the outside without feeling better on the inside.

InansBobo:
are you a comedian?
I am whatever is necessary good to be.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2018
How David Ibiyeomie an exponent of the mammonic gospel, likely arrived at the Salvation naming of his ministries.

David Ibiyeomie:

"How do I successfully found a church in a terrain that already saturated with churches?

"What i'm going to do, I'm going to use the name of a very popular church establishment in the world, but not in its entirety to avoid any naming rights issues, but only partially, by tweaking it a little.

"So that even though there's no affiliation with that establishment in any way, the similarity in the names would give the impression that there is, and that way that the popularity of that established church would rub off on mine.

"Salvation Army is the one that seems so suitable and perfect for the execution of this idea, even though my message has nothing to do with Salvation, but here's what I'm gonna do:

"I would take out the army part of the name and replace it with ministries, so that my church name would instead be called Salvation Ministries.

"And so that the name doesn't completely conflict with my message, after preaching my mammonic gospel for the whole duration of my message, at the end of the message I would tell those who that want to receive salvation to repeat after me:

"Dear Lord Jesus...I know am a sinner. I believe Jesus Christ died for me. I believe that you shed your blood , died on the cross for me and rose again from the dead. I repent and turn from my sins. I need you Jesus. Please come into my Heart, forgive me of my sins, I accept you as my Lord and Personal saviour from this day forward...Jesus Christ, thank you for the gift of Salvation… I promise to obey you with the help of the Holy Spirit and to follow you all the days of my Life. In Jesus Name….Amen

"After which i'll tell those who prayed 'the prayer of salvation' they have been saved and are now a new creature, for old things are passed away etc.

"And that's how I would disguise my 'mammonic' gospel which I preach in a 'Salvation' clothing"

Therefore for all those who may have wondered how such a mammonic preacher could possibly have ended up with a church or ministry that is called by the word "Salvation" and not "prosperity", "materialism" or even "Mammon" which it truly represents, this is a clue to how it happened.

(1) (Reply)

Jehova's Witnesses, Do U Have This In Your Bible? / Very Hot Prayers Against All Household Witchcrafts / Today Is Rev Tom Amenkhienan's Birthday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.