Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu (669 Views)

Ndigbo, Let Us Think. / See What A Man Saw In Abuja About Nnamdi Kanu(photos) / What A Yoruba Christian Said About Nnamdi Kanu Now And Got 1000 likes (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by Areolad: 12:53am On Jun 28, 2017
Abiodun Kuforiji Nkwocha

I've asked various Igbo people here in Lagos what they think of Nnamdi Kanu. They are unanimous in their answers. They think he is a joker. The people I have asked include doctors, bankers, and businessmen. All have strong ties and property back home but also have viable businesses and property here in Lagos.

But if you have been following the new Mandela of the Igbo ethnic group closely , you will have to admit to yourself that he may have been a joke a few years ago, there is nothing funny about the movement he has stirred.

What was a little ripple in some obscure pond has been transferred to a growing wave lapping up sand one surge at a time into a vast ocean.

He grew from broadcasting hate messages that are sweet to the man on the street looking for someone to blame for the difficulty of life to a berobed, bespectacled priest ($#@*) being courted by mainstream politicians with loyal subjects who bow before him in deference. Suddenly there are mainstream discussions about Biafra. Suddenly, educated people have started seeing merit in him and are serious about seceding and forming Utopia.

How did we get here?

What transformed a decidedly unremarkable bigoted man to a revered freedom fighter?

When Buhari won the elections, remember what he said about how he would treat regions who voted for him en masse as against regions who gave him 5% support? He said it was unrealistic to treat loyal regions and disloyal regions alike (I paraphrase). We all saw the video and we were shocked that our president had absolutely no filter. Who plans to marginalise citizens of a country he was voted to serve on an international stage? No real politician would say that. He may plan to but he would also be conscious of giving a semblance of fairness.

No one can contest how lopsided Buhari’s appointments have been. Certainly, very few Igbos presently have much say in how the affairs of the Nation are stirred.

The minister of labour and productivity, Dr Chris Ngige concretised this when he said that the south-east was responsible for the ‘perceived’ marginalization of their region by refusing to ‘invest’ in Buhari’s 2015 campaign.

I was stunned when I read this. Genuinely stunned.

That statement alone admits there is a marginalization (if it was just something perceived, he would try to clear the perception.) by blaming them for not voting for Buhari.

When you face blatant marginalization, it is not farfetched to want a person of your ethnicity to have a chance at leading this country so that you can finally belong and not be punished not just for a war that ended almost 50 years ago but for voting a candidate of your choice.

Buhari on seeing his gaffe (I am assuming he did) could have done a few things to correct this and systematically squash grounds for Biafran agitators to thrive. He should have aggressively courted the South East. Never mind that he won the elections. He could have deliberately set up a plan for visible inclusion. To let the South East understand that he intended to govern them and the rest of this country fairly.

He silently condoned the untameable activities of his kinsmen, the Fulani Herdsmen. I say he condoned because nothing about his speech or actions towards curbing the menace they had become said he was determined to stop them. On the other hand, he went full out for the then obscure Nnamdi Kanu, who had not been responsible for the death of anyone and so far as I know it, still hasn’t.

The arrest of Nnamdi Kanu is the worst thing that Buhari could have done. This is in the 101 category of things not to do political opponents or freedom fighters.

Without a prison sentence there would be no Mandela.

Nothing propels a man to greatness in the eyes of his followers than incarceration or matyrdom.

Did Buhari not study Boko Haram? Perceived injustice fuels a cause. Persecution gives legitimacy to a movement.

In a country where not a single leader of killer Fulani herdsmen has been jailed. Where Boko Haram seems to have a thousand lives, Nnamdi Kanu was nothing but an attention seeker.

Nnamdi Kanu was canonized by Buhari. The longer he stayed in jail, the more his standing grew.

To make it worse, the South Eastern part of Nigeria have had no heroes. Their leaders seem motivated by selfish ambition. There are no Fayose’s to stand against the government and speak for their region/states (I know you think Fayose is ridiculous, but look carefully. The man is fierce about his state.) The Igbos have no Tinubus fighting with an obvious Yoruba agenda… consolidating the power of the south west in general. There have been NO unifying leaders in the South East. The response to the attack of Uzo-Nwani local government of Enugu state ended with a wide toothed smiling Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi genuflecting and shaking hands with Buhari in a photo.

The South East has not been treated kindly by its governors. We cannot lie. There is no zeal. Just bitter fights for power.

So the mass have been ready for another Ojukwu. Someone who will speak without fear or regard for his personal safety or fortune. And unfortunately, there was Nnamdi Kanu. A man not affiliated to any political party and seems to be driven by only his love for Igbo people and his desire for their own country.

What Buhari did was like making a mistake on a paper with a pen. Then attempting to clean it with an eraser till the paper is torn and beyond repair. This was how he handled Nnamdi Kanu. He totally missed it.

Apart from his charismatic and extremely divisive oratory skills, what substance does he have to offer? This our Igbo Jewish Saviour? Who truly is he? This 47-year-old man has nothing really to show. He attended UNN and did not even graduate. What was he doing all his life before that video of him asking for guns and ammunition to actualize Biafra at the World Igbo Congress on the 5th of September 2015 in California came out?

What is his track record?

What has he led successfully?

What qualifies him to be a leader?

Does he have the skills to negotiate an amicable secession and to also help set the foundation of a new nation?

My dear Igbo people, think this through. Where is this man that you are following going to? Do you really think that once Igbo people gather together in a land locked tiny mass and are governed by only Igbo people, problems will cease to exist?

Nigeria has problems. It certainly has not treated you fairly. A restructuring is a more realistic agitation. Placing a heavy demand on elected officials is also another thing we must take seriously. To refuse to participate in an election in a country you are part of for the foreseeable future is insane.

Following Nnamdi Kanu who eyes glint with the same fiery passion as that Jim Jones and whose words resonate with the same bitter superior ethnic bile of Hitler will not end well.

Lastly, I almost forgot to say this. I am from Ogun state and so is Obasanjo. His presidency did not change my life. My life went on like every other Nigerian. In fact, Abeokuta did not change. Buhari is president, please take a tour to places that ordinary Hausa/Fulani people stay up north, you will see that they have gained nothing in his 2 year reign except bragging rights. I promise you that the life of the average South Easterner is better than that of the average Northerner in terms of education, health and economy. The only people that will tell you that you are the only ones suffering because you do not have an Igbo president are those hungry for personal power… and they are just trying to use you.

https://www.sabinews.com/73777-2/

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by letusbepieces: 12:55am On Jun 28, 2017
[s]
Areolad:
Abiodun Kuforiji Nkwocha

I've asked various Igbo people here in Lagos what they think of Nnamdi Kanu. They are unanimous in their answers. They think he is a joker. The people I have asked include doctors, bankers, and businessmen. All have strong ties and property back home but also have viable businesses and property here in Lagos.

But if you have been following the new Mandela of the Igbo ethnic group closely , you will have to admit to yourself that he may have been a joke a few years ago, there is nothing funny about the movement he has stirred.

What was a little ripple in some obscure pond has been transferred to a growing wave lapping up sand one surge at a time into a vast ocean.

He grew from broadcasting hate messages that are sweet to the man on the street looking for someone to blame for the difficulty of life to a berobed, bespectacled priest ($#@*) being courted by mainstream politicians with loyal subjects who bow before him in deference. Suddenly there are mainstream discussions about Biafra. Suddenly, educated people have started seeing merit in him and are serious about seceding and forming Utopia.

How did we get here?

What transformed a decidedly unremarkable bigoted man to a revered freedom fighter?

When Buhari won the elections, remember what he said about how he would treat regions who voted for him en masse as against regions who gave him 5% support? He said it was unrealistic to treat loyal regions and disloyal regions alike (I paraphrase). We all saw the video and we were shocked that our president had absolutely no filter. Who plans to marginalise citizens of a country he was voted to serve on an international stage? No real politician would say that. He may plan to but he would also be conscious of giving a semblance of fairness.

No one can contest how lopsided Buhari’s appointments have been. Certainly, very few Igbos presently have much say in how the affairs of the Nation are stirred.

The minister of labour and productivity, Dr Chris Ngige concretised this when he said that the south-east was responsible for the ‘perceived’ marginalization of their region by refusing to ‘invest’ in Buhari’s 2015 campaign.

That statement alone admits there is a marginalization (if it was just something perceived, he would try to clear the perception.) by blaming them for not voting for Buhari.

When you face blatant marginalization, it is not farfetched to want a person of your ethnicity to have a chance at leading this country so that you can finally belong and not be punished not just for a war that ended almost 50 years ago but for voting a candidate of your choice.

Buhari on seeing his gaffe (I am assuming he did) could have done a few things to correct this and systematically squash grounds for Biafran agitators to thrive. He should have aggressively courted the South East. Never mind that he won the elections. He could have deliberately set up a plan for visible inclusion. To let the South East understand that he intended to govern them and the rest of this country fairly.

He silently condoned the untameable activities of his kinsmen, the Fulani Herdsmen. I say he condoned because nothing about his speech or actions towards curbing the menace they had become said he was determined to stop them. On the other hand, he went full out for the then obscure Nnamdi Kanu, who had not been responsible for the death of anyone and so far as I know it, still hasn’t.

The arrest of Nnamdi Kanu is the worst thing that Buhari could have done. This is in the 101 category of things not to do political opponents or freedom fighters.

Nothing propels a man to greatness in the eyes of his followers than incarceration or matyrdom.

Did Buhari not study Boko Haram? Perceived injustice fuels a cause. Persecution gives legitimacy to a movement.

In a country where not a single leader of killer Fulani herdsmen has been jailed. Where Boko Haram seems to have a thousand lives, Nnamdi Kanu was nothing but an attention seeker.

Nnamdi Kanu was canonized by Buhari. The longer he stayed in jail, the more his standing grew.

To make it worse, the South Eastern part of Nigeria have had no heroes. Their leaders seem motivated by selfish ambition. There are no Fayose’s to stand against the government and speak for their region/states (I know you think Fayose is ridiculous, but look carefully. The man is fierce about his state.) The Igbos have no Tinubus fighting with an obvious Yoruba agenda… consolidating the power of the south west in general. There have been NO unifying leaders in the South East. The response to the attack of Uzo-Nwani local government of Enugu state ended with a wide toothed smiling Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi genuflecting and shaking hands with Buhari in a photo.

The South East has not been treated kindly by its governors. We cannot lie. There is no zeal. Just bitter fights for power.

So the mass have been ready for another Ojukwu. Someone who will speak without fear or regard for his personal safety or fortune. And unfortunately, there was Nnamdi Kanu. A man not affiliated to any political party and seems to be driven by only his love for Igbo people and his desire for their own country.

What Buhari did was like making a mistake on a paper with a pen. Then attempting to clean it with an eraser till the paper is torn and beyond repair. This was how he handled Nnamdi Kanu. He totally missed it.

Apart from his charismatic and extremely divisive oratory skills, what substance does he have to offer? This our Igbo Jewish Saviour? Who truly is he? This 47-year-old man has nothing really to show. He attended UNN and did not even graduate. What was he doing all his life before that video of him asking for guns and ammunition to actualize Biafra at the World Igbo Congress on the 5th of September 2015 in California came out?

Does he have the skills to negotiate an amicable secession and to also help set the foundation of a new nation?

My dear Igbo people, think this through. Where is this man that you are following going to? Do you really think that once Igbo people gather together in a land locked tiny mass and are governed by only Igbo people, problems will cease to exist?

Nigeria has problems. It certainly has not treated you fairly. A restructuring is a more realistic agitation. Placing a heavy demand on elected officials is also another thing we must take seriously. To refuse to participate in an election in a country you are part of for the foreseeable future is insane.

Following Nnamdi Kanu who eyes glint with the same fiery passion as that Jim Jones and whose words resonate with the same bitter superior ethnic bile of Hitler will not end well.

Lastly, I almost forgot to say this. I am from Ogun state and so is Obasanjo. His presidency did not change my life. My life went on like every other Nigerian. In fact, Abeokuta did not change. Buhari is president, please take a tour to places that ordinary Hausa/Fulani people stay up north, you will see that they have gained nothing in his 2 year reign except bragging rights. I promise you that the life of the average South Easterner is better than that of the average Northerner in terms of education, health and economy. The only people that will tell you that you are the only ones suffering because you do not have an Igbo president are those hungry for personal power… and they are just trying to use you.

[/s]

y is it hard for Afonja to stand on their own? Leave igbo and stand.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by conductor5: 12:58am On Jun 28, 2017
[s]
Areolad:
Abiodun Kuforiji Nkwocha

How did we get here?

[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by RonJeremy: 1:08am On Jun 28, 2017
Afonjas should leave Kanu alone and concentrate on their own region. I have noticed in this forum, it is the Afonjas that are carrying this Kanu matter on their heads more than the Igbo or Aboki.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by chibuzorAbia: 2:01am On Jun 28, 2017
My foolish afonja sister. See how your Igbo in-laws are insulting you! Just be prepared to go live in the landlocked tiny region of the igbos. The 5% people.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu by DieBuhari: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2017
Abiodun Kuforiji

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason For Biafra Agitation / Cross River State First Lady | DR LINDA AYADE To Flag Off 2017 Newborn Week / Thread Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.