Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Who Is A Niger Deltan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Niger Deltan? (566 Views)

The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Niger Deltan? by uyiekpenn(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2017
A Niger Deltan is anyone from Edo, Delta, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom. There's been a debate by some land grabbing and mischievous people across the Niger on who's really a Niger Deltan. It would interest every to know that the 70% of what is today referred to as the Niger Delta was under the Benin Empire. The Benin Empire being the 7th greatest African empire of medieval times stretched as far as parts of Bayelsa (Epie-Atissa, Engenni), parts of Rivers (Degema, Ahoada, Ogba), parts of Delta (Isoko, Okpe, Uvwie, Eruwa and most of what is referred to as Urhobo-land,Itsekiri-land and Anioma-land), parts of Ondo (Akoko, Iyayu, Uhami), Lagos and as far as Ekiti and present day West African countries like Benin Republic and Togo.

This bring me to IPOB and their usual rants. Who are the Igbos and how did the igbos become an ethnic group. The igbos were more or less a scattered group and we're united by the British. Mind you the igbos never had a Central government or any form of authority unlike the Binis and the igbos were never descendants of the Jews or Israelites like Nnamdi Kanu and his fellow IPOB are busy formulating. The real Jews are the Ethiopian Jews (Abyssinians) who were the first African country to practice Christianity as early as the 16th century.

Please my fellow igbo brothers I don't hate you but let's learn to tell the truth and shun propaganda. Biafra land starts from Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Even the Aniomas still pay homage to the Oba of Benin.
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Dycaptain(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Very true, op too get sense

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Amberon11: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2017
Okay
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by slivertongue: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2017
this thread is just an emotional expression and lacking in valid history. u want to counter Amarabae i guess but you have not done justice to your take
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Vicotex(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2017
For the OP mind he Don make quality post and i be like...

Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by njelrapheal: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2017
So because Isreal was conquered by the Roman Empire to it makes dem Romans Abi. Op u too get sense
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by jared007: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
A Niger-Deltan is someone who comes majorly from the geographical region where the River Niger empties itself into the Atlantic Ocean. The roots of the River Niger can be found in three states which includes: Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers States.

Names of the Niger Tributaries includes: Rivers Benin, Escravos, Forcados, Ramos, Dodo, Pennington, Digatoro, Bengatora, Kulama, Fishtown, Sangara, Nun, Brass, St Nicholas, St Barbara, St Bartholomew, Orashi, Bonny, New Calabar, Andoni and Imo.

In year 2000, Obasanjo politically included the States of Ondo, Edo, Abia, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Cross river states as part of Niger Delta states.
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Okay

Urhobo princesses
Anyway hw av u been
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
Op we Aniomas are more igbo than Benin and we will never betray you guys but dividing Nigeria I don't know about that o.
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by HarryDuce(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
uyiekpenn:
A Niger Deltan is anyone from Edo, Delta, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom. There's been a debate by some land grabbing and mischievous people across the Niger on who's really a Niger Deltan. It would interest every to know that the 70% of what is today referred to as the Niger Delta was under the Benin Empire. The Benin Empire being the 7th greatest African empire of medieval times stretched as far as parts of Bayelsa (Epie-Atissa, Engenni), parts of Rivers (Degema, Ahoada, Ogba), parts of Delta (Isoko, Okpe, Uvwie, Eruwa and most of what is referred to as Urhobo-land,Itsekiri-land and Anioma-land), parts of Ondo (Akoko, Iyayu, Uhami), Lagos and as far as Ekiti and present day West African countries like Benin Republic and Togo.

This bring me to IPOB and their usual rants. Who are the Igbos and how did the igbos become an ethnic group. The igbos were more or less a scattered group and we're united by the British. Mind you the igbos never had a Central government or any form of authority unlike the Binis and the igbos were never descendants of the Jews or Israelites like Nnamdi Kanu and his fellow IPOB are busy formulating. The real Jews are the Ethiopian Jews (Abyssinians) who were the first African country to practice Christianity as early as the 16th century.

Please my fellow igbo brothers I don't hate you but let's learn to tell the truth and shun propaganda. Biafra land starts from Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Even the Aniomas still pay homage to the Oba of Benin.
The bolded is false. Those areas were not geographically part Benin empire.
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
uyiekpenn:

Ethiopian here

Let me correct you, Ethiopia didn't adopted Christianity in the 16th century, but in the mid 4th century AD. There was still Christians in Ethiopia and Eritrea in the 1st century AD, but Christianity became official in the mid 4th century AD after Axumite King Ezana converted to Christianity.

Ethiopia is the 2nd nation in the world to adopt Christianity after Armenia.

Ethiopian Jews are called Bete Israeli or Falashas. They are different from Abyssinians. They now majority live in Israel. Few of them also live in USA and northern Ethiopia.

Abyssinians aren't Jews. They are Amharas and Tigrays(both are predominantly Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Christians).
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by pazienza(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
It would interest every to know that the 70% of what is today referred to as the Niger Delta was under the Benin Empire. The Benin Empire being the 7th greatest African empire of medieval times stretched as far as parts of Bayelsa (Epie-Atissa, Engenni), parts of Rivers (Degema, Ahoada, Ogba), parts of Delta (Isoko, Okpe, Uvwie, Eruwa and most of what is referred to as Urhobo-land,Itsekiri-land and Anioma-land), parts of Ondo (Akoko, Iyayu, Uhami), Lagos and as far as Ekiti and present day West African countries like Benin Republic and Togo.

So in essence, the Bini are the real land grabbers who tried to subjugate neighbouring groups in the past.
Funny enough, you seem to be proud of this subjugation.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Amberon11: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
Been great. You?
Danielmoore:

Urhobo princesses
Anyway hw av u been
Re: Who Is A Niger Deltan? by Dedetwo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
uyiekpenn:

It is an inconsequential phrase. Nobody with a thinking cap on his/her head will arrogate such nonsensical idiocy to him/herself.

(1) (Reply)

Grenfell Tower Fire: See How Nigerian Survivor Confronts UK Housing Minister / Nigerians Will Never Forget These Quotes: / Group Commend Ohanaeze For Disowning Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.