Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Eternal Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Life (206 Views)

Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death / What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? / Without obedience to Yahushua/Ten Commandments; no hope of eternal life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Life by musicayo(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2017
*ETERNAL LIFE
One profound scriptural truth that has been misconstrued and misunderstood is ETERNAL SECURITY. The eternity of a believer in the finished works of Christ is non-debatable. He is a man in Christ who is saved forever
(Read Roms 5: 8-18, Eph 1: 4-14, Heb9,10, Heb 5:cool.
What should rather be the point of focus is Eternal Life..
As described by Jesus in John 17:3 Eternal life is KNOWING God and His Son Jesus whom God sent for us.
The essence of the life of a man in Christ is not in its longevity ( As every one would end up lasting forever whether in heaven or hell) but in its acknowledgement of the man Jesus and the knowledge of what He's done. Upon this premise can we begin to discover that a believer in what Christ has done has his conversation ( citizenship) in heaven as he was born (Phil 3:20) through faith (Infact he is born of God).
What should be the believer's focus is to enjoy maximally the life He has received in Christ in this world and that to come.
The only way this can be done is by knowledge. Knowing the life we have and its characteristics helps us live fully and express it.
There is no other way to know this except by a diligent commitment to the study of the written word of God( the bible). In doing this eternal life is discovered and the expression follows.
So to folks who wants to 'earn' by doing I do have a way out for you.
Concentrate that energy on the careful study of God's word as I said aiming to know Jesus only.
There are a lot more treasures in the new covenant that goes beyond where you spend eternity as that was first settled at salvation. Don't limit yourself.
STUDY TO LIVE.
Life Eternal is sweet only when you begin to KNOW.
KNOW KNOW KNOW and get knowledge.
I hope this blessed you
P.S Forgive my crude writing.
#believer
#eternallife
#ayoola

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Invade Church During Worship, Cart Away Motorcycle / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / The Success Promised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.