Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? (1751 Views)

Ex Muslim Mochi: I Left Islam Because I Don't Believe In Eternal Sex After Death / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 10:44am On Jan 28, 2019
One of the questions that theists easily throw at people who show skepticism or disbelief in Gods or afterlife is "What is the meaning of life? what is the purpose of life if we do not have an afterlife?"

Somehow i find this question to be shallow because one must first make a logical leap of assuming that "meaning and purpose" are inherent universal qualities before basing such question on that premise.

The argument can be summarized this way;

Life is limited
there is suffering in life
life ends eventually, therefore, what is the meaning and purpose of it all?

We could explore this question on this thread too. But however, i am returning the favor to theists who ask this question.

I will assume there is a heaven, i will assume for this premise there is an afterlife, we need not argue over that for this thread.

What exactly is the meaning of an eternal life in heaven? Demonstrate its meaningfulness and how it is derived?

What is the purpose of a life without end? Demonstrate this purpose and how it is derived?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:04am On Jan 28, 2019
FTC on Iroko's thread grin
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Hermes019: 11:07am On Jan 28, 2019
Hahn u be monitoring spirit undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2019
The purpose of afterlife is to gain, for free, everything we were unable to achieve here on earth in heaven.

For instance, Muslims want to sleep and marry as many women as possible but since they can't afford it they instead look forward to 72 virgins in heaven.

The Christians want mansions, good food(the irony) and gold plated roads but since they can't achieve it here they instead wallow in the self delusion that they will get these things in the afterlife.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:
One of the questions that theists easily throw at people who show skepticism or disbelief in Gods or afterlife is "What is the meaning of life? what is the purpose of life if we do not have an afterlife?"

Somehow i find this question to be shallow because one must first make a logical leap of assuming that "meaning and purpose" are inherent universal qualities before basing such question on that premise.

Life is limited

We could explore this question on this thread too. But however, i am returning the favor to theists who ask this question.

I will assume there is a heaven, i will assume for this premise there is an afterlife, we need not argue over that for this thread.

What exactly is the meaning of an eternal life in heaven? Demonstrate its meaningfulness and how it is derived?

What is the purpose of a life without end? Demonstrate this purpose and how it is derived?
johhny it's such an honor to be finally able to meet the great physicist.. I love you Johnny.....well I don't believe in a heaven or hell..... we all are here with a mission........am still an o level student but have been reading quantum physics...according to qp everything is energy(including humans), and energy cannot be created nor destroyed(do you get where am driving to?)....its an honor to be able to quote you
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 11:13am On Jan 28, 2019
Hermes019:
na today you know? cheesy
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 28, 2019
hahn:
The purpose of afterlife is to gain, for free, everything we were unable to achieve here on earth in heaven.

For instance, Muslims want to sleep and marry as many women as possible but since they can't afford it they instead look forward to 72 virgins in heaven.

The Christians want mansions, good food(the irony) and gold plated roads but since they can't achieve it here they instead wallow in the self delusion that they will get these things in the afterlife.
how do you know heaven exist?
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 11:15am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
johhny it's such an honor to be finally able to meet the great physicist.. I love you Johnny.....well I don't believe in a heaven or hell..... we all are here with a mission........am still an o level student but have been reading quantum physics...according to qp everything is energy(including humans), and energy cannot be created nor destroyed(do you get where am driving to?)....its an honor to be able to quote you
I would want to see the end of this chain.

The honor is mine by the way

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2019
hahn:

After getting the 72 virgins and an eternal booze river? What then is the meaning and purpose afterwards?

hahahaha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2019
Hermes019:

Is awa work o

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by sukerefakere(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
that's heaven ambassador on earth
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:
After getting the 72 virgins and an eternal booze river? What then is the meaning and purpose afterwards?

To bang and chop na
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2019
Oh mehn...una still dey do this thing cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:

It is written in the holy books
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 11:34am On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:
I would want to see the end of this chain.

The honor is mine by the way

He loves you

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 28, 2019
can someone please explain what consciousness means?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2019
sukerefakere:
that's heaven ambassador on earth

How you take know? Only angels are privy to that info

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by sukerefakere(m): 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
hahn:

How you take know? Only angels are privy to that info
hoe-ly spirit living in me showed me your mansions and G wagons in heaven.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
sukerefakere:
hoe-ly spirit living in me showed me your mansions and G wagons in heaven.

Did you see my talking donkey as well? E mad gan

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by sukerefakere(m): 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
hahn:

Did you see my talking donkey as well? E mad gan
I saw it mehn! He was even speaking British English.. "he asked" where the dafuck is Hahn?
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
sukerefakere:
I saw it mehn! He was even speaking British English.. "he asked" where the dafuck is Hahn?

Actually it is a she. She has such a beautiful singing voice. I miss her so much

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by sukerefakere(m): 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
hahn:

Actually it is a she. She has such a beautiful singing voice. I miss her so much
Gbayii

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Anas09: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:

Life is limited

First and foremost. Is there heaven? Is there anything like eternal life? Let's start from there.
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Anas09: 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
O'Level as in Secondary school?

What the hell am i doing in Nairaland?

Deactivating ASAP.
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Anas09: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
Boy, are you a homo?

Ah, John get babe o, so find another dude.
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anas09:

First and foremost. Is there heaven? Is there anything like eternal life? Let's start from there.

This was right on the OP smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anas09:

Boy, are you a homo?

A guy can't tell another guy 'I love you'?
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:

This was right on the OP smh

You know she is only being an ass

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by hahn(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anas09:

Boy, are you a homo?

Didn't Peter kiss Jesus?

Does that make them gay?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by Anas09: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnydon22:

A guy can't tell another guy 'I love you'?
Ewwwoooh, John, you dey do back and front?
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anas09:

Ewwwoooh, John, you dey do back and front?
I give up on you
Re: What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? by johnydon22(m): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2019
hahn:

You know she is only being an ass
No Christian can help us here answer this question. That's kinda funny.

Next time on another thread now, they will be yapping about the purpose and meaning of life.

E don set now, they are no show

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin / Archbishop John Obiokeke's Website? / Is The Roman Catholic Pope Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.