Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With (28559 Views)

5 Handy And 5 Hilarious Things You Can Buy For Your Business On Fiverr / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
masterP042:
I don't borrow my money so as to maintain the friendship. Cos I don't know if it's a curse on me that anyone who borrows money from me hardly pays back
guy we are in thesame condition ar swear
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Jsucre(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
Don't borrow some amount you can't dash him/her
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Well, from experience, when you borrow a Nigerian money, just comot mind, our people don't want to pay debts. Infact people that borrow are often comfortable with borrowing, they might even be earning good pay. But still owe so many people, and not bothered at all.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by shevy878: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Some of them are here Pretending.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by harriet412(f): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
That was how I lent money to a friend. Anytime I ask her for the money, she'd be like; ordinary 2k I no get chill .. I kept on asking her till I got tired . Till today this girl has not still given me the money .. This girl will be forming slayqueen on fb, when she sees me, she'll carry her heavily painted face up as if they're controlling her..
tcheeww, I just forgo the money jawe.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Katier00(f): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
angry angry

If you see Nzekwe... Please tell him to return my 100k...

Make I no catch that guy for Nigerwwia,,,!! angry
which Nzekwe? From where?
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by godson4u79(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
But seriously, it is a bad habit to have of not paying up debt.. And it's very bad. Cos when such person need money or loan for very important thing in the future, he won't see anyone to assist him. Not paying up loan prevents the debtor from getting a loan in future even 4 something very important and crucial.

I personally have decided not to borrow anyone money again.. Cos na fight e go finally result to

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Rotimi16(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
JARUSHUB:
It is very easy to borrow money. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem is just to pay back. Many people will tell you that you should only give out the amount you can forego. Regardless, even trusted and reliable friends will refuse to pay back. Meanwhile, for those who borrow them this money, there are certain things that happen that they can relate with. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, outline some of them.

I do not have money to pay

Some of them can be ruthless and tell you point blank, that they do not have money to pay you. What will you do? You have two options- you have to forgo the money or be patient as patient as a dog.

Nigeria is even owing debts so who are you?

According to the debt management office, Nigeria’s total debt profile is $57.39bn. Wow! That is huge. The debtor may even quote this for you when you demand your debt. They will tell you since Nigeria can owe debts, who are you that cannot be owed? Hopefully, it is an amount you can forgo.

I am on my way to the bank

You call them, they say they will send the money to your account pretty soon. Hours later, you call them again, they tell you that they are on their way to the bank. They lie to cover up another lie. If you call them again, they may just say that there is no network at the bank.

They are never at home

The typical debtor will never say that they are home unless they do not have shame. The only way you can get them is to pay them an early morning surprise visit.

They rain curses on you

Sorry, some of the debtors can be nasty. They throw friendship to the wind and rain abuses on you. How much did you borrow me that you are disturbing my life? Their strategy is for both of you to become enemies so that you will stop calling them for your money.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-hilarious-things-nigerians-loan-friends-money-can-relate/

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by starwar(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
Naso I borrow a friend money to complete is flight ticket money,he don travel now e no even dey follow me talk again......over 3yrs now,some people are just deliberately evil
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by lepasharon(f): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
harriet412:
That was how I lent money to a friend. Anytime I ask her for the money, she'd be like; ordinary 2k I no get chill .. I kept on asking her till I got tired . Till today this girl has not still given me the money .. This girl will be forming slayqueen on fb, when she sees me, she'll carry her heavily painted face up as if they're controlling her..
tcheeww, I just forgo the money jawe.

Some of them can flip it and make you look like the bad one just because ur pestering them abt ur money...thus they will give themselves an excuse not to pay....' oh look at how she spoke to me, I'm not paying'
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by lepasharon(f): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
Jsucre:
Don't borrow some amount you can't dash him/her

Should I have to live by that rule? Shouldn't ppl know to pay up their debts? undecided
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by KaptaynKush: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dare my #2500 don dey reach 2months for your hand. u must pay me!!
Abu I never forget my 7k wey dey ur hand oh.
sunday abeg I don need that my 3k...how e go be??
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Emmytrill(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
[quote author=BiafraBushBoy post=57921469] angry angry

If you see Nzekwe... Please tell him to return my 100k...

Make I no catch that guy for Nigeria,,,!! angry[/quote

Guy, u have finished me with laughter. Heavy Nzekwe! My belle o
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by mavinc4u(f): 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hmm. Everybody is here forming boss. Even I doubt if op understands what is a loan. How can you give loan to someone with questionable character, that you don't trust without collateral?

That someone borrowed money from me and did not repay does not mean I can't help a trustworthy and integrity fellow.

Most of the people here are the type that would rush with money when the person asking for money eventually dies to contribute to his/her funeral, broke guys forming big guys.

Any way, I have a testimony related to the issue.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Augustap(f): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
eyeview:
Some will Start a story of how they would have been dead by now.
Then they will tell you how one trailer failed break and rammed into a wall two hours after he had passed there or how he nearly boarded sosoliso flight that later crashed but changed his mind some weeks earlier.
Then turn around and ask you that would you still be talking of money if God had not saved him.
Experience is the best PAINMENT

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Augustap(f): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
AYOUNG:

True talk,I am still nursing the wound of one who will never pick my calls or reply my text even whatsapp msg..some people are heartless I tell you. embarassed

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by godunia(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
I don't borrow people money. I will give you whatever I can afford and wish you well

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by lionlamb020(m): 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
lonelydora:

Na this one dey vex me pass. They make it look as if you are disturbing them.
Ah swear
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by ogeogbonna: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
What about those who will tell you it's not as if they don't have the money but there are more pressing issues. They will say they have not forgotten. It's just that they don't know when they will be able to pay.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by YOLO1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
That's why Richard Templar,in his New York bestseller 'The rules of life' said...
"Do not lend to a friend,an amount you can't afford to lose "
I personally do not lend,to neither friend nor foe...and by Divine providence,I have never and would never borrow.
Always have this rule in mind anytime you're lending people money. Don't ever lend anybody any amount to you can't give the person. People are sometimes stupid, greedy and self-centered
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by offishialpablo: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
some of dem will be like ......ehn uche abg borrow me 1000 den add am to d 3500 wia ah dey owe u.........make him be 4500 at once
ah go cum pay u later....ehn nwanne chukubiazor capitalise on me
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by 2kurupt(m): 6:18am On Jun 29, 2017
Some friends can be pesky & needy. As a rule of thumb I do give a fraction of the requested loan amount just to get that person off my back. And if it's not re-payed I don't bother, but then no more loans are to be expected from me.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2017
I have only one trustworthy friend...TOLU
...that guy...he is 1 in a million

That guy Ehn...if I borrow him.money today...if it is possible he will Return it that same day..even Carey me go flex join..

Even as a STUDENT...I borrowed him 20k recently and he returned it the second day

There was a time he was owing me 1k...even though he was owing me money..he still insisted on footing our bill at the restaurant..

After him

OTHERS BA UNFORTUNATE BEING..
person go owe you money for months...con dey pay small small...till.momey go spoil finish

One of my long gone mate called me last week and was all shedy with tears requesting I should please help him with his school fees of 19k...me wey don sabi day to collect the money go hard...waved the request till he was all tears that he might loose his studentship...I gave him 5k with him promising on paying it back before last Friday

Another week is about going o...baba never call me for money my money o...I saw him.munching doughnuts yesterday

3 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Lucil(f): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2017
JARUSHUB:
It is very easy to borrow money. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem is just to pay back. Many people will tell you that you should only give out the amount you can forego. Regardless, even trusted and reliable friends will refuse to pay back. Meanwhile, for those who borrow them this money, there are certain things that happen that they can relate with. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, outline some of them.

I do not have money to pay

Some of them can be ruthless and tell you point blank, that they do not have money to pay you. What will you do? You have two options- you have to forgo the money or be patient as patient as a dog.

Nigeria is even owing debts so who are you?

According to the debt management office, Nigeria’s total debt profile is $57.39bn. Wow! That is huge. The debtor may even quote this for you when you demand your debt. They will tell you since Nigeria can owe debts, who are you that cannot be owed? Hopefully, it is an amount you can forgo.

I am on my way to the bank

You call them, they say they will send the money to your account pretty soon. Hours later, you call them again, they tell you that they are on their way to the bank. They lie to cover up another lie. If you call them again, they may just say that there is no network at the bank.

They are never at home

The typical debtor will never say that they are home unless they do not have shame. The only way you can get them is to pay them an early morning surprise visit.

They rain curses on you

Sorry, some of the debtors can be nasty. They throw friendship to the wind and rain abuses on you. How much did you borrow me that you are disturbing my life? Their strategy is for both of you to become enemies so that you will stop calling them for your money.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-hilarious-things-nigerians-loan-friends-money-can-relate/

I can so relate to this to some extent you guys even have to quarrel about it, it's not funny sha
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by k2039: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
naturalwaves:

The fact is that there is usually not any amount of money that can be categorized as “ready to lose”. No matter how small the cash is, it is usually still valuable for something important. A small cash like #100 may not even belong to the “ready to lose” category if we all want to go by the “ready to lose” rule. If you give me a call for example and request that I should please wire say #50k into your account to be refunded at the end of the month, why should I not if I have the wherewithal at the moment? Do I now say that because I am not ready to lose #50k, I won’t send it when I have more than that? I think it is just a case of knowing who you are dealing with and looking carefully before parting with your cash. Most times, we tend to sacrifice for people based on tenable contingencies and feel that they should be responsible enough to do the right thing of paying back as and when due.

Therefore, rather than blame the lender for parting with cash that is not a “ ready to lose” money, the borrower should be tutored about the importance of integrity and being responsible to pay back borrowed cash. The sincerity of the borrower should also be queried; if you do not have available means to service a borrowed money, why not come clean and beg that the money be given to you rather than disguising in the form of borrowing. Of course, for most conman, they know the downside of asking for a “dash” is that the amount may not be substantial to service their greedy and wicked intentions once the money has been given out.

I know this particular point is based on various experiences of people and hence the suggestion not to give out anything that is beyond a token. I agree that this is the best thing to do in order to stay safe. However, the whole blame need not be on the lender as I feel the borrower should take a large chunk of it.

Cc: JARUSHUB

I agree totally with your line "Most times, we tend to sacrifice for people based on tenable contingencies and feel that they should be responsible enough to do the right thing of paying back as and when due."

But seems it's hard to come by integrity this days.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Kobicove(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
eezeribe:
That's why Richard Templar,in his New York bestseller 'The rules of life' said...
"Do not lend to a friend,an amount you can't afford to lose "
I personally do not lend,to neither friend nor foe...and by Divine providence,I have never and would never borrow.

This is the best policy if one can keep to it!

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by naturalwaves: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
k2039:

I agree totally with your line "Most times, we tend to sacrifice for people based on tenable contingencies and feel that they should be responsible enough to do the right thing of paying back as and when due."

But seems it's hard to come by integrity this days.
Very hard, I tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The 3 Online Business That Can Supplement Your Monthly Salary / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Help Me!! My Money Is Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.