Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nigeria's Benefit Scheme! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Benefit Scheme! (1086 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Benefit From Buhari's Visit To China / A Detailed Analysis On How PDP Lost Out In The Senate's Scheme Of Things / Give Jonathan Benefit Of Doubt – Abdusalami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Benefit Scheme! by McKren(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2007
Guys I have an issue that puzzle's me but I hope Nairalanders are able to help cos this confuses me a lot.

Around the world countries pay benefits to the weak and needy, infact the most vulnerable.
In our own society we have chosen to pay our own benefits to ex-military rulers.
I am not going to bore you with how ex-rulers have amarsed so much wealth, in fact the least amongst them are millionaires.
The question is in a society where there is no welfare scheme for the country's most vulnerable what is the rationale behind paying benefits to ex-military rulers.
It might even be more disturbing to realize that low rank military officers may not benefit from this scheme.

Please people can someone explain what this means.?
Re: Nigeria's Benefit Scheme! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 05, 2007
Around the world countries pay benefits to the weak and needy, infact the most vulnerable.
you better not let seun catch you grin weak and vulnerable?

According to our resident Capitalists these people are "just lazy". Social benefit they say ruin society

The government cant form a welfare scheme so basically they are using the normal easier route of work-pension.
Re: Nigeria's Benefit Scheme! by McKren(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2007
The issue here is not how justified Benefit scheme is, it is why start a benefit scheme and the first beneficiaries will be millionaires??//
Dont get me wrong I think being a Soldier is a very noble think, and personally at some point in my career I thought of being a soldier. I am not kicking against pensions for ex-soldiers which this ex-military rulers are entitled to and are already enjoying. The point here is that they have designed a special benefit scheme for them which I don't understand the rational behind that. Why oppress the poor and pay benefits to millionaires??/ Is this not the height of wickedness by the Nigerian State.??/

(1) (Reply)

Leave Adedibu, Akala Alone - Obj [efcc How Far?] / Obasanjo In Lagos / Who Says 419 Is An Igbo Thing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.