Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat (584 Views)

Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / I Saw Man Hawk Huge Python On My Way Back From Work / Couple Going Home From Work Die In Fatal Accident In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by Ehiscotch(m): 7:22am On Jun 29, 2017
A man who was forced to walk miles to work in
sweltering heat, has been bought a car by
members of his local community.

Justin Korva regularly braved temperatures of
90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 Celsius) to get to his
job at Taco Casa in Rockwell, Texas.

The 20-year-old was picked up on his three-
mile trek one morning by Andy Mitchell, who
posted a picture of pair on Facebook next to a
message explaining his journey.

“To all the people what say they want to work
but can’t find a job or don’t have a vehicle, all I
can say is you don’t want it bad enough,” Mr
Mitchell wrote.

The story was shared within the local
community and Samee Dowlatshahi, the owner
of a local pizza restaurant, started a secret
donation box for Mr Korva at his business, CBS
News reported.

In less than 48 hours members of the local
community had donated $5,500 (£4,290).
A local car dealership then worked out a deal
for a 2004 Toyota Camry, which was bought for
Mr Korva with the money.

The car was then presented to him one day
after work.

“Instead of you walking to work buddy, you’re
driving this car from now on,” Mr Mitchell told
his friend. “It’s paid for in full, all you’ve got to
do is drive it.”

The money donated by people paid for the car,
a year’s worth of insurance and a $500 (£390)
petrol card.

Mr Korva was filmed hugging the members of
the group who turned up to give him the car.
“I’m at work, I’m clocking out and I’m leaving,”
Korva told the ABC13 news channel. “And as
I’m leaving, I just see all these people -- I’m
like, ‘What’s going on?’”
“I wouldn’t think something like that would
happen to me,” he said.
Re: Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by Ehiscotch(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2017

Re: Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by Benjom(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2017
Any community that sees to the betterment of its people can't lack peace and progress.

1 Like

Re: Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by Pamelayoung: 7:42am On Jun 29, 2017
I knew it could never be in Nigeria. Cursed country
Re: Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by Ehiscotch(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2017
Pamelayoung:
I knew it could never be in Nigeria. Cursed country
Would you have even raised a penny if it were you?
Re: Community Buy Man Car After Finding Him Walking 3miles To& From Work In 32° Heat by urvillagepeoplee(m): 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
this can never happen in my country,the rich in my country is rich for his wives,kids and concubines alone.

(1) (Reply)

Narcotic (weed, Indian Hemp) Should Be Exported ? / Man Stabs Dog To Death For Siding With Girlfriend In Arguments (photo) / Igbo APC Leaders Re-endorse Buhari For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.