Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them (36676 Views)

Kidnap Victim Knocks Down Abductor, Frees Many Captives Along Kaduna Road / 'My Life Is In Danger' - Kidnap Victim That Escaped From Evans' Den / My Life Is In Danger – Man Who Rescued Kidnap Victim In Lagos Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them by gidjah(m): 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
HeOrShe:
After seeing wot SARS did to my friend over second hand phone

I took an oat with my blood neva to use a phone that I didn't open the seal myself.
ahahahahahahaha, never pray to enter those vampires trap, they are very heartless and never cool when it comes to a criminal matter
Re: Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them by Marotzke(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
Raddie:

all they need to do is confirm they were given the phone by a family member, every other thing is junk if this is proven kapish.

How would you even prove they were accessories to start with - this whole case lies on them proven they were given the phone, look any court will throw this out due to lack of evidence, the onus is on NPF to prove otherwise
The only evidence available is incriminating on them.
How do you prove a gift unless the giver who is currently unavailable confesses thay he gave you. Even when he confesses to giving you the phone.it doesnt't absolve you from being a receiver of stolen items.
It would have been better if they bought the phone and tendered receipts.
Gift? Accessory to commit felony established.
Re: Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them by Raddie(m): 2:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Marotzke:
The only evidence available is incriminating on them.
How do you prove a gift unless the giver who is currently unavailable confesses thay he gave you. Even when he confesses to giving you the phone.it doesnt't absolve you from being a receiver of stolen items.
It would have been better if they bought the phone and tendered receipts.
Gift? Accessory to commit felony established.
Stolen follow for this one too? thought the phone was given by a family member.
the prosecutor has to provide proof of crime, see them lawyers for Nland will help you understand
Re: Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them by Raptureminded(m): 11:52am On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
One of the reasons I preferred brand new phone... one of my Facebook female friend fall in similar problem, she is a student of Unizik she bought a phone at black market without knowing the source of the phone and unaware the phone she bought is a stollen phone and the owner was robed and killed in the process, the culprits brought the phone all the way from PH and sold it in onitsha, the girl bought the phone from the guy they sold it to, immediately she inserted her simcard the phone send her number to real owner phone number, from their they add the girl on WhatsApp and befriended her, when all this was going on she is never aware of all the conspiracy, the person she was chatting with invited her to pH, even send 50k to her acc as Tp... and even promise to give her more when she visit pH, the girl traveled all the way from awka to Ph to meet his new lover, immediately she dropped from the taxi that brought her to their meeting place, police jumped from nowhere and handcuffed her and took her to the station, she confessed to them how she got the phone by then they told her the phone was stole on gun point and the owner was killed and 2,000,000 stole from him.. the girl took them to where she bought the phone and the guy that bought the phone from the criminal was also arrested and all the fairly used laptops and phones in his shop was confiscated ... police knw the truth that both the girl and the guy are innocent but they were involved because the phone was found on them , since the real culprits have not been caught they will be the scapegoat, it took intervention of good lawyer to bail them with 200,000 naira each ... so my dear friends if u don't have money for new brand phones go for the one u can afford because they might be lucky to regain their freedom but you may not be lucky like them... a word is enough for the wise
Hmmmmm.... nawa oooo... this is very educative and enlightening... May God help us....
Re: Couple In Trouble After A Dead Kidnap Victim's Phone Was Found On Them by Konquest: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2017
exlink10:
A husband and wife have landed in serious trouble after they were found with a phone belonging to a woman who was kidnapped and murdered in Imo state.

The husband found with the mobile phone of 45-year-old Mrs. Amaka Okere, who was kidnapped and murdered in Mbieri, Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State, said the phone was given to him by his wife.

According to Vanguard, the duo identified as Emeka Adibe his wife, Monica were paraded by the Imo State Police Command in Owerri, on Tuesday 26th June 2017. The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Ezike, said:

“You will recall that on March 1, Mrs Amaka Okere, aged 45, of Mbieri in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State, was kidnapped and murdered.

“Investigations are in progress. Emeka Adibe and Monica Adibe were arrested on June 15 in Rivers State and the victim’s telephone handset recovered from them.” While confessing, Mrs Adibe said it was her twin sister’s husband who gave her the phone.

Monica said:

“I am a native of Arochukwu in Abia State; I am married with two kids. I went for a child dedication in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. “While preparing to return home, my sister’s husband gave me a phone. I did not know it was not his. When I returned home, my husband saw the phone, took it and started using it; the Police arrested him.

“I came to ask why he was arrested and the Police also arrested me.”

Her husband Mr. Emeka Adibe, said:

“I swear, I don’t know anything about the phone. It is my wife that brought it and the police saw it and arrested me. This phone has put me in trouble.”

Editor's Note:

Clearly, this couple maybe innocent of any crime and instead Nigeria Police will investigate and get to the root of the crime, they are parading the suspects already. This is just sending a message to the culprit to run away. These couple should have been kept secret until investigation is over.

What kind of policing is this abeg?

This is the reason why most federal judges hate police with passion. They will never do their work diligently, instead they will rush and parade suspects unnecessarily. And a good lawyer will just appear in court and bust their cases wide upon. That is why they loose a lot of case. Same thing with EFCC.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/couple-lands-in-trouble-after-dead.html

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
The lady's sister and her husband
who gave out the phone will be apprehended soon by the Police IRT
that is if they have not been apprehended
by now.

Beware of so-called used phones
please. Even a non-smart phone! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Raid Initiation Ceremony In Delta; Arrest Scores Of Suspected Cultists / 50-year-old Man Beat His Wife To Death For Refusing Sex With Him / Robbers Shoot Anambra Man Dead In His Shop (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.