Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Reps Reject Foi Bill Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Foi Bill Again (2838 Views)

Committees: Reps Reject Dogara’s Appointments - Punch / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation / Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by dangelo101(m): 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
It's really good to see how much passion and love we have for a country that doesnt recognize our existence,.We would at a heartbeat talk back at any foreigner who makes the mistake of saying our country is corrupt,bad or any other foul adjective we have come to be known by these days.We come online and pour out our views and then we go home to sit through the roller coaster ride called Nigerian Life,but it baffles me to know that even though the country has Minds,brilliant,sane and knowledgeable minds who think they know how the government should be run,none of them ever stands out to be counted amongst the people who actually do speak out.There's no true fighter for our rights that we can stand behind and clamor for everything thats ours to be ours.
The Nation is without a collective voice that is strong enough to be thorns in the side of the oppressors.all we do is indoor talk.talk ,talk and more indoor talk, If Only FELA didnt die.If only Dele Giwa didnt die a martyrs death,If only Gani didnt leave early to join his ancestors.If only,they hear our cries.If only we had a Voice.We have elders in this country that sat by and watched all this happen to their nation at its birth and now they are still siting by,no one is talking,they want to live to be a 100,no body wan die,but everybody want Nigeria to better.But until we realize say we go need to wound,injure,even die for our country before e go better.One thing remains though,the disillusioned youths that you see today,you shall see them no more,they will make a way for themselves and when the time comes ,when our time comes,we will not make these same mistakes.NO SIREE,WE WONT!
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
i sincerely hope you are right-for your sake.  undecided
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by dangelo101(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
George_D:

i sincerely hope you are right-for your sake.  undecided

Yes .I am.and I know a million youth out there who are just fed up.but have no voice to stake a claim for a change.Their time will come.Our time will come and we will not disappoint.for our kids sake,we wont,unlike our elders,we wont.I remember a time when they said Nigerians traveled abroad on Uk scholarship and sorts,now we cant even get a good school in all of the country.If they enjoyed Nigeria when it was still better and left this nearly failed state for us(actually still dragging it with us).we would leave a better country for our kids.
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
faith can change a lot of things. keep up the spirit.
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by kobikwelu(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2010
as somebody rightly pointed out,

the way the journalists are going about this issue is wrong!!!

do they (the journalist) feel that they can intimidate the lawmakers into passing these bills

as usual, anything done here in nigeria goes without planning.

why dont the journalist come together as one and engage the services of lobbyists who can know twist the arm of these lawmakers to achieve results, instead of writing all manner of articles in the newspaper calling them names, and you expect the same lawmakers after listening to your insults and reading your articles to now go ahead and pass a bill that will embolden you

these "brown envelope" journalists sef.

clueless,
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
Is Jonathan going to sign this for the nation?
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by SapeleGuy: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2010
Turkeys, Chickens or Goats will not vote for xmas, new year or easter. It's far too risky.
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2010
Forget oh, Sometimes I dont know who is worse the Media men or the politicians? Its because there is nobody to b low the whistle on the media practicioners that we have not heard their own dirts. They are always demanding for brown envelops. I can swear that for me the media is more corrupt oh and the politicians know this because they always demand money from them and blackmail them so they will never pass the FOI bill except this media changes. Most of them reosrt to outright blackmail, they threaten to publish something bad about you truth or not unless you give them some money. I have seen life when they threatened someone I know and he called their bluff
Some of the programs we hold, even though its in response to problems highlighted by them the media, they still ask for money even when you try to explain to them that you are not getting one kobo instead you are using your own money to try to contribute your quota to an issue they raise eg, poor standard of education. They dont send oh, they will tell you off
WHo is fooling who? They abuse these politicans from monday to friday on saturday the same media houses are organizing awards: Best Governor in "Speech presentation", "Best Governor in Welfare", Best Governor/ House of Rep member in Point of order. Who are they fooling, No freedom of Information Bill to the Nigerian Media as presently consituted.
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
Corruption in the media is really NO excuse for a government to deny ordinary citizens access to information about it's government. Why do we have the ministry of information? To set things right and provide the public with access to all necessary information. Whether the media is corrupt or not should not be the reason for denial.

When I need information, or to verify what I read in the papers, I go to the white house site or the local state site to get information. Documents are made available on these sites and even at the state house and local counsel to help people stay informed on what the government is doing and plans to do.
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Corruption in the mean is really NO excuse for a government to deny ordinary citizens access to information about it's government. Why do we have the ministry of information? To set things right and provide the public with access to all necessary information. Whether the media is corrupt or not should not be the reason for denial.

When I need information, or to verify what I read in the papers, I go to the white house site or the local state site to get information. Documents are made available on these sites and even at the state house and local counsel to help people stay informed on what the government is doing and plans to do.
Good Point. I agree
Re: Reps Reject Foi Bill Again by GeorgeD1(m): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2010
it stands to reason: why would people who got to their present status through ballot box snatching, thuggery, falsification of results, etc pass a bill seeking to expose them? it's like shooting themselves on the foot! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty / Obanikoro Court Case: Sowore, Sahara Reporters Publisher On The Run!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.