Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale (11305 Views)

Committees: Reps Reject Dogara’s Appointments - Punch / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by spywareczar(m): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2013
In his motion, Rep. Hussain sought to call on the federal government to, among other things, “ban the sale of alcoholic drinks and other drug related substances in the federation.” He argued that alcohol consumption increases the risk accidents to motorists and pedestrians, leads to high risk road use behaviours such as over speeding or not using seat-belts.
“Recent study by the Lagos State government revealed that 22 percent of drivers in the state tested positive for alcohol and drug related substances. Most of the accidents that occur on Nigerian roads are attributable to the influence of alcohol and hard drugs. This menace is aggravated by the easy access of drivers to these road unfriendly substances,” the lawmaker said.
However, when the question was put to a vote by Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the lawmakers overwhelmingly rejected the motion saying the issue lies within the purview of local government councils, therefore such an idea should be referred to councilors.
http://www.informationng.com/2013/02/reps-reject-motion-seeking-to-ban-alcohol-sale.html

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Gbongbonosi(f): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2013
I know they will condemned the motion and its good motion so guys you can now continue to drink 5cl bottle of rega dry gin
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by gramci: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2013
Gbongbonosi: I know they will condemned the motion and its good motion so guys you can now continue to drink 5cl bottle of rega dry gin

See this aboki

4 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by momodub: 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
see olomo bitter
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by methodman(m): 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
Make dem no try that nonsense ooo.

10 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by guente02(m): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Errboy wants to get High... grin grin grin
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by billionman: 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why should alcohol be banned? It's use and intake should only be regulated. It's a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Tlake(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
Though am not an alcohol fan,bt d amount of jobs that ll be lost wnt b funny. Mk dem gt sense

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by MMM2(m): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
4 what
Dey should even reduce d price of alcohol in 9ja

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
momodub: see olomo bitter
Please show us where you for see am.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by kenbee(f): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
space booked. i'm for freedom of anything that does not disturb ur neigbour

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by vanstanzy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why on earth will they ban Alcohol sale? Then companies like Guinness, Nigerian Breweries, Bendel breweries and co, should do what to their employees? Sack or Retrench them? We dey complain say employment no too dey, una wan cut more. angry angry Rep. Hussien should go sit down and drink up the sellar in his house, jor. Such are the kind of non-entities we have in the House, SMH! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by princechinedu(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Dem dey crasy...d only thing wey dey give Nigerians joy..make Dem no try ban am oh...

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
nonsense. Nigeria is not a sharia state. Rather they should train their police and equip them with breathalizers to monitor drivers on the road. Also there should be a better puninshment for any1 caught DUI of alcohol

6 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by ckkris: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Political wing of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Maxymilliano(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Never knew sale of alcohol is now a threat to corporate existence of Nigeria ... Bunch of idle and over fed lot.

Ban sale or consumption of alcohol and see the real Naija spring! Ijjiotts

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by afm4ever(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
So many people go die if they try am dont u know that there are some people that says before going out in the morning they will like 2 bottles of beer before there eye in clear to do anything
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by sucnif(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
che dem dey crazy ni? wetin concern alcohol with dem. if dem nor dey drink other people dey drink now.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls if una dey ban alki mek una exempt alomo biters nad big stout o.cox if u ban those two,I swear I go organize national protest with my folow ndi nnulite o. A stich wey come in time na em be nine saviour o. Signed by I the chairman of alomo and big stout consumers of africa,

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by StarFist(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ban Alcohol? When we have more pressing issues. So disappointed!

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by divineppties12: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
I for don marry oh, kain kain na u cause am oh
... Ogogoro na u do me so eh
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by fxx2: 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
There is no point in the argument. Come to Kano and experience madddddnessssss called driving. Is that caused by alcohol?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by miz4oxley(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Oops! Laughing... I don't take alcohol, and I'm not a chemical or Industrial Chemistry person. But, banning alcohol won't solve accident issue in the country. And, If they ban alcohol, where does he want those coys to go... I don't even need type more. The Hussain Na Pastor shey abi Imam. Pls, their's caution on every alcoholic drink, so its left for the drinker to caution his/her intake. Pls drop matter joor.....

#IdontDrink&Smoke

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by darkroman(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Today Dat My Post enter First Page Praise God Well:::::: we Know dat is not POSSIBLE::::CUS WHAT WE DOSE BIGMEN USE AND CELEBRATE
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by bernfame(f): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
The 'spirits' have refused to be banned.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Symphony007: 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
This is impossible! In as much as i don't drink i will never impose my belife on others who do. Alcohol should remain legal, cheap and available so people can drown the sorrows attached to this country in the bottle.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Ozonna(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by vanstanzy(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Can they not ban prostituti*on instead? angry angry Ban Alcohol sale my foot. angry angry
Abeg Mama Efe, gee me ma monkey tail make i "chill sorrow". grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Jobless and over-fed rep tabling a stvpid motion..
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Austinobisnr(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2013

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by skykenny: 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
concentrate on more important tins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss / How Terrorists Are Taking Charge Of Borno’s Ungoverned Spaces, Highways / Niger Bridge: It’ll Be Wrong To Say Buhari Neglected South-East - Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.