Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over (4225 Views)

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Caringpro(f): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
Aso Rock is not a rehabilitation center.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by eniola1310(f): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
gbam!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by dave07(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
just heard on channels tv that pdp is not in favor of power transfer to jonathan and i begin to wonder if that party is really based in nigeria, else how would a party like that be totally in opposition to what more than ninety percent of the population stands for?
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by dave07(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
AGAIN THE REPS WANTS TO WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY TO VISIT MR PRESIDENT IN SAUDI. THIS IS A VISIT TO A MAN WHO NEVER INFORMED THEM 'OFFICIALLY' THAT HE WAS GOING TO SAUDI AND I CAN'T RECALL ANY REPORT OF INVITATION OR WHATEVER BEING SENT FROM SAUDI FOR THIS VISIT!
ANOTHER DRAMA IS THIS STANCE OF THE SENATE JUST COMMING UP. I WONDER HOW IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IF DURING THE LAST ADMINISTRATION, OBJ HAD TRIED THIS FOR JUST 15 DAYS AND THE SENATE PRESIDENT WAS THE LATE CHUBA OR EVEN NMAMANI AND NA'ABBA THE SPEAKER, I DON'T REALY THINK IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MORE THAN 10 DAYS TO START BLOWING HOT.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Elprinz(m): 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
PDP's has ruined this country,
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
Caringpro:

Aso Rock is not a rehabilitation center.

in fact u nlanders no go kill me!!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by oge4real(f): 2:09am On Jan 29, 2010
The more you look, the less you see.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by rasputinn(m): 5:57am On Jan 29, 2010
I thought those retards in the senate URGED and not DIRECTED Yara Dead to resign
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by rasputinn(m): 5:59am On Jan 29, 2010
And about the lower house,Dimeji Bankole is an aswipe and a disgrace to his generation,he needs to be castrated to bring him to his senses
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2010
why are they wasting time let them impeach him. kowa ya huta. I wish Nigerians will be wise now ahead of 2011, the reality is PDP is not a party worth Nigerians vote in the up coming election.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by tijehi(f): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2010
Dem say 'HE NEEDS TO WRITE'. What will happen if 'HE REFUSES TO WRITE'?
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by babaegun(m): 7:46am On Jan 29, 2010
Things fall apart - Chinua Achebe
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by talkdrum: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2010
only the capable,and available can write a letter . cryrest in peace
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by SmashingM(f): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2010
If he adheres to this, it will move the country forward and certain issues which the Government are silent on will be looked into and spoken of.

tijehi:

Dem say 'HE NEEDS TO WRITE'. What will happen if 'HE REFUSES TO WRITE'?

With Nigeria and in Nigeria, anything is possible.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Golfer: 9:46am On Jan 29, 2010
I am beginning to believe this story that he is brain dead, that would be the only explanation for the complete lack of communication.

If no one in the FEC has seen him or communicated with him in person, there is something wrong.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by dangelo101(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2010
Now can someone tell me how a whole Nation can be kept in the dark by its own leaders? The passage of a bill like the FOI would see this sort of thing never happening again,but would they pass it? that remains to be seen.Now how do you assure 150 million people that they are being ruled by the constitution when a few Govt workers can seat down and say their word is what we should listen to.What is wrong with the president? Is he unconscious,Is he dead? Is he living? why would you put a whole nation in a state of confusion when a simple Public address could end all of the speculation.I dont blame them,I blame the journalistic Influence in this country that has gone dead since the days of the daily times,or how else would you explain one single journalist not being able to Investigate and inform us on what is going on? If the Senate,the National Assembly and the FEC cannot some together for the good of the Nation,then they are coming together for their very own Good.which obviously is not in the best Interest of the Nation!.Why are we so blind to see that the cabal that has its hold on our country isnt about to let go,they are creating a state of lawlessness that would ensure the coming back of thier cronies,either Millitary or so called Democratic,I hope we realise this before its too late,Centre for democratic Governance,Please take note.Its high time the Nation itself fights for the right to govern itself.We the people are afterall the rulers,not them,we need a state sponsored enquiry into the present health of the President,and we need one now! in the meanwhile, SOMEONE PLEASE pass on to the Deputy PLEASE!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by GurusForum: 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2010
I'm very sorry for this country. Just take a look at our
so-called senators and their manipulations.

What of our journalists? Nothing to write home about.
Where are investigative journalism? If the bull, ts in
the national assembly are not performing, a journalist
should carry out a deep investigation of health status
of the president and report to the world.

Then, the whole would react.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by frudokafor(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
this is my uncle u guys re referring to like this
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Juniordav: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2010
It's a shame dat ONE man is bigger dan Nigeria and hes d worst president ever produced in Nigeria and Africa. President Yar' Adua is d same President of ECOWAS and important issues needed 2 b discussed but was no where 2 be found last year Dec 10th 2009. Also in Jan,2010 he has not sent a letter 2 all d ECOWAS Presidents 4 takin d position 2 saudi 4 treatment not 2 talk of informin Nigerians of his where about. SHAME,
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by frankkie: 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2010
When will the Courts or the Legislature demand to hear first-hand from the Doctors treating the President? Afterall we have been consistently told that only his Doctors can say when he is coming back. Why are we not posing our questions to the right quarters?

In the USA whenever they have their commissions of enquiry they have no qualms summoning anyone with useful information from any part of the world to help them get to the truth. Its time for our lawmakers to be more imaginative.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
He should not die.He should just obey the constitution that he professes, rule of law.Handover to Jonathan.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
^^ well ur fellow nigerians have twisted the constitution

sayin it did not say 'should' or 'may' or whatnot

apparently he doesnt have to handover or tell anyone

if he's on vacation

so the greedy 'undead' politician wins again!!
do u guys know its still very possible this man is dead??

im pretty sure they still havent seen him since he hasnt left sa

this might just be charades for those that dont wanna hand ova
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by manpiros: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2010
The whole damn story about Yar' Adua's state of health has continued to remain a mere speculation to the senate, judiciary, house of Reps and other well meaning Nigerians. I tend to wonder how long it will remain that way.

What will it take for the Senate President,  the Speaker of the house of Reps, the AttorneyGeneral of the Federationand a few truthful Nigerians to take a trip to Saudi Arabia to visit our sick president in the hospital.

They can then come back and have a better way to handle this situation.  Does it mean the hospital is completely off limits.

Nigeria really needs to know the truth.  If he is getting well or deteriorating in health or will not recover enough to handle the affairs of this nation, the truth should be told.  That will inform our mode of prayers for him and for this our great nation.  The earlier the better
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by andray: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
lets see "NOW" if we have a country to defends its name, at last they've finally woken up
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by sjeezy8: 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2010
If the house and the senate cant direct the president on what is for the interest of the country, then who can?

Why even have a senate and a house in the first place? The Senator and reps should feel disrespected in some sense.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by hatbreaker: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2010
AT 50 OUR NATION IS MORE FOOLISH THAN THEY WERE WHEN THEY WERE 2YEARS OLD.ITS TIME FOR THE LABOUR UNIONS TO DOWN TOOLS AND ALL GENUINE WELL MEANING CITIZENS COME OUT,SPEAK OUT ENMASS, SO THAT WE CAN MOVE ON AS A NATION AND NOT CLING ON TO OUR COLONIAL SENSIBILITIES, THESE FOOLS IN THE ASSEMBLY OR SENATE CANNOT DO IT FOR US, ITS 2010 AND WE HAVE TO START NOW NOW NOW NOW TO ACHIEVE AND REALISE OUR DREAMS AND GOALS, TIME TO STOP DREAMING AND ACT ACT ACT, LET THEIR WASTED GENERATION BURY ITSELF, WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LET THEM WASTE OURS,

ITS FINALLY OUT THAT TINUBU IS AT LOGGER HEADS WITH FASHOLA.WHAT DID HE TINUBU DO IN ALL THE YEARS HE WAS GOVERNOR OF LAGOSUNLEASH AREA BOYS ON INNOCENT CITIZENS?? MAKE EXCUSES ABOUT LACK OF FUNDS INSTEAD OF CREATING WAYS FOR GENERATING INTERNAL REVENUE??IM NO LOVER OF FASHOLA EITHER BUT I GIVE HIM CREDIT WHERE DUE, OUT WITH ALL THESE BEASTS THAT ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED HUMAN BEINGS!!!
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by valswagger: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
At last, they have woken up. Never seen a country where the constitution would be altered for some stupid reasons especially when it comes to a situation  of a head of state that was already dead b4 assuming office. It is now very obvious that this was the best way he could use to run away from what was planted on his head. Neva seen a president that  nobody knows of his whereabout and refused to recover from his sickness after 2 monthes.We just thank God that he did not die on top that seat.
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by ayettymama(f): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2010
I think i finally know why nigeria is this way

the leaders have absolutely no idea how to run a country
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by flash2: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2010
im very sorry if it sounds offensive

but yoruba people have a saying

it says

'leyin aponle abuku lo kan'

we have been kind, we asked him nicely he refused

so now

YARADUA MUST DIE

GBAM!!! 

what if one dies before him? I think e good to pray for our leaders no matter what, lets pray they be good so that we dont suffer
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by najeebu: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
By God's grace he shall return shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by emymama(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
IF YAR'ADUA IS NOT DEAD, WHY WILL HE BE HIDING FROM SEEING THE NIGERIAN JOURNALISTS?
ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE SENATE KNOW THAT YAR' ADUA IS DEAD BUT THEY DO NOT WANT JONATHAN TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF BIARFA. WHO IS DEAD IS DEAD. THAT IS ALL I KNOW. IT HAS NOT BEEN LONG BABA (OBASANJO) ASKED HIM; UMARU, ARE YOU DEAD?

WILL YOU GUYS NOW JOIN ME TO WELCOME OUR NEW PRESIDENT HIS EXCELLENCY DR. GOOD smileyLUCK JONATHAN
Re: Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over by emymama(m): 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
yea! Men, the best is for Senate to impeach Him within the next two weeks unless they do not want Jonathan to succeed Him. furthermore, I believe that Nigerian leadership is dedicated to one tribe. assuming the vise president is not 4rom the south; they could have done that long ago. Let them go to hell with their polluted politics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings / Nigerian Government House Worth $2.8M Left Vacant In San Francisco / Group Exposes Sponsor Of Buhari's Campaigns•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.