Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings (4219 Views)

Dokpesi Has Link With Oct 1 Bomb Blasts – SSS / Boko-Haram Declares War On Emirs, Governors In Its Own Oct 1 Speech - Video / Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Kennyblues(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2010
Overwhelmed with emotions, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday rained curses on the perpetrators of the October 1 bombings which claimed 12 lives, saying those behind it “will never find peace”.

He spoke after listening to Donatus Aruah, an indigene of Obukpa in Enugu State whose two children, a nephew and driver were killed in the blasts.

Narrating the tragedy, Aruah identified his deceased wards as John Chidera Aruah (12-year-old son), Paul Onyekachi Aruah (7-year-old son), Ozioko Ambrose Onyema (nephew) and Alfred Onah (his driver).

The four left their house at the Berger yard on the way to Papeh district of Abuja around 11am for the Eagle Square, venue of the independence anniversary fanfare.

According to him, because of the security arrangements around the Three Arms Zone, his children had to park far away from Eagle Square and walk to the venue.

“Indeed, the driver had parked and the children were holding one another in a string and walking happily towards the place when suddenly a fire erupted around and everybody was consumed. They did not know where the fire came from. And that was how I lost my children. I have five children, my two sons are gone and I’m left with my three daughters.

I brought up my nephew this year to come and stay with me here in Abuja and see now, I am going to return to my sister a corpse (sobbing).

“When I was told of the incident, I ran to National Hospital where I was told many of the victims were taken. We searched everywhere but we did not see any of them. When we got to the mortuary, I looked at the bodies and I did not see them from the heap until I went round the whole place and I could only recognize my seven-year-old son through the religious medal he was wearing. My 12-year-old son… I was able to recognise him through the remains of his Chelsea football club T-shirt he was wearing. I have come to Abuja and I’m going back empty handed,” he said.

Ekweremadu led Enugu Federal Legislators' Forum on a condolence visit to the Abuja home of Aruah who is on the staff of Julius Berger Construction company.

According to the Deputy Senate President, “even if the perpetrators are not found by men, they will certainly be discovered by God and punished. Enugu has had more than its fair share of this disaster. Five out of the lot. This is two much.”
He called on the government and the security institutions to rise up to the occasion by tracking down the brains behind it and prosecute them.

Condoling the father of the children, Ekweremadu urged him to “take heart and rely on God who knows all things,” saying “these children did not die in vain. It was a glorious period for our nation but the enemies of our nation have done their worst”.

Surrounded by his relatives and members of Obukpa Youth Association in Abuja, Aruah thanked the legislators for the visit.
Among those on Ekweremadu’s team were Senate Committee Chairman on Information and Media, Senator Ayogu Eze, and House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Marine Transport, Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/

Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by egift(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2010
Welcome to President Jonathan's new Nigeria. This is his legacy - more sad he cannot even be man enough to own up to his responsibility. He is looking on blaming it on others. My sympaty to the family.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by DeepSoul(f): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2010
Aww. How sad. Losing one's kids is something horrible. Innocent children. . .

@Egift:
Please abeg, must everything be politicised! If u dont have what to say, dont speak @ all, haba!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Jarus(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2010
May God give the family the fortitude to bear this incalculable loss.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by violent(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2010
According to the Deputy Senate President, “even if the perpetrators are not found by men, they will certainly be discovered by God and punished

Bullshít sir!. . . mega-crap!

Smoke out the basterds, its your responsibility, not God's. .
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2010
egift:

Welcome to President Jonathan's new Nigeria. This is his legacy - more sad he cannot even be man enough to own up to his responsibility. He is looking on blaming it on others. My sympaty to the family.

This is about the most stupid post since the blasts. Was GEJ the one that planted the bombs?
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Chadrack(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2010
With a deep sense of loss we grieve with this family. We must not forget that this family one of us. They never asked for what happened so none of us knows what will happen the next minute. As we grieve with this family I believe it is time for us all to come to the realization that building this nation is collective responsibility. Time has come for us all, the citizens of this nation, to come of age. We must not continue to allow some elements to play on sensibility.

Blindly supporting people who have never meant well for the nation when they were there only because they are now singing the tune of "the govt is bad" is showing that we have no memory. What we should pray for right now is that God will help us clean the mess we are in.

@egift,

Welcome to Jonathan's new nigeria?

Have you asked yourself how long that man has been there? Why sing the praise of those who put us in this mess while putting the blame on someone who is barely 5 months in position? I fear for nigeria if this country will continue this way.

As I grieve with the families that lost their dear ones I grieve more for the living who will not see the light. May the good Lord have mercy on us!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Mobinga: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
How sad.

My father always told me "Do not leave the comfort of your house for anything unnecessary". I abide by that.
My opinion is that the 50th independence celebration was unnecessary and so I didn't go out. Probably if the parents would have told them that, they would still be alive today.
A nairalander narrated how he was lucky to not have been involved despite being at the eagle square, i advised him not to move out for unnecessary things next time. Another Nlander took offence and said I shouldn't poke my nose into other peoples business grin can you imagine such shallowness. .

Condolences to the family
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by sayso: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
just this alone am really sad for what happened.May the almighty GOD grant this wonderful family the grace to bear this regretable loss.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Ugeh: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
What a price to pay! Oh my poor innocent kids. My my heart bleeds for them. May the Good Lord grant them eternal Rest and console the rest of the family.Amen.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
violent:

Bullshít sir!. . . mega-crap!

Smoke out the basterds, its your responsibility, not God's. .  

I concur Sir, though God Almighty will part,

egift:

It's unfortunate you are a man who seems OK with the brain of a very low incapacitated being, very poor Judgment!

Mobinga:

How sad.  

My father always told me "Do not leave the comfort of your house for anything unnecessary". I abide by that.
My opinion is that the 50th independence celebration was unnecessary and so I didn't go out. Probably if the parents would have told them that, they would still be alive today.  

A nairalander narrated how he was lucky to not have been involved despite being at the eagle square, i advised him not to move out for unnecessary things next time. Another Nlander took offence and said I shouldn't poke my nose into other peoples business grin can you imagine such shallowness. .

Condolences to the family

Next time we say 9ja4eva despite our ups & down, I demand you, not even an hair of your head wave a flag, or even cheer!,

God Bless that family real Good.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by ogzille(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
This is quite sad cry cry cry
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
Right from when they started shooting and killing people at elections, I have never attended any gathering/celebration/acivity orginized  by the Nigerian government. These people have absolutely no value for human life!

May God grant the family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by comechop(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2010
egift:

what a clown
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by kingsido: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
IBB = INDEPENDENCE BOMB BLAST, may there souls rest in peace but hunt the family of those that commited this act, amen
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Youngichou(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
Sorry man but your children are dead and gone so live goes on.
O and before i go remember this is call revolution and for revolution to take place, price need to be paid.
Young Otutu says So.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by oluite(f): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
Ujujoan:

Right from when they started shooting and killing people at elections, I have never attended any gathering/celebration/acivity orginized  by the Nigerian government. These people have absolutely no value for human life!

May God grant the family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss.
^
i watch from the TV.
Its real sad.I pray God will give them the strength to bear the loss.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by OboBoco(f): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
kingsido:

IBB = INDEPENDENCE BOMB BLAST,
kingsido link=topic=527542.msg6901347#msg6901347 date=1286540770:

IBB = INDEPENDENCE BOMB BLAST, may there souls rest in peace but hunt the family of those that commited this act, amen
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kennyblues:

Overwhelmed with emotions, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday rained curses on the perpetrators of the October 1 bombings which claimed 12 lives, saying those behind it “will never find peace”.

He spoke after listening to Donatus Aruah, an indigene of Obukpa in Enugu State whose two children, a nephew and driver were killed in the blasts.

Narrating the tragedy, Aruah identified his deceased wards as John Chidera Aruah (12-year-old son), Paul Onyekachi Aruah (7-year-old son), Ozioko Ambrose Onyema (nephew) and Alfred Onah (his driver).

The four left their house at the Berger yard on the way to Papeh district of Abuja around 11am for the Eagle Square, venue of the independence anniversary fanfare.

According to him, because of the security arrangements around the Three Arms Zone, his children had to park far away from Eagle Square and walk to the venue.

“Indeed, the driver had parked and the children were holding one another in a string and walking happily towards the place when suddenly a fire erupted around and everybody was consumed. They did not know where the fire came from. And that was how I lost my children. I have five children, my two sons are gone and I’m left with my three daughters.

I brought up my nephew this year to come and stay with me here in Abuja and see now, I am going to return to my sister a corpse (sobbing).

“When I was told of the incident, I ran to National Hospital where I was told many of the victims were taken. We searched everywhere but we did not see any of them. When we got to the mortuary, I looked at the bodies and I did not see them from the heap until I went round the whole place and I could only recognize my seven-year-old son through the religious medal he was wearing. My 12-year-old son… I was able to recognise him through the remains of his[b] Chelsea football club T-shirt[/b] he was wearing. I have come to Abuja and I’m going back empty handed,” he said.

Ekweremadu led Enugu Federal Legislators' Forum on a condolence visit to the Abuja home of Aruah who is on the staff of Julius Berger Construction company.

According to the Deputy Senate President, “even if the perpetrators are not found by men, they will certainly be discovered by God and punished. Enugu has had more than its fair share of this disaster. Five out of the lot. This is two much.”
He called on the government and the security institutions to rise up to the occasion by tracking down the brains behind it and prosecute them.

Condoling the father of the children, Ekweremadu urged him to “take heart and rely on God who knows all things,” saying “these children did not die in vain. It was a glorious period for our nation but the enemies of our nation have done their worst”.

Surrounded by his relatives and members of Obukpa Youth Association in Abuja, Aruah thanked the legislators for the visit.
Among those on Ekweremadu’s team were Senate Committee Chairman on Information and Media, Senator Ayogu Eze, and House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Marine Transport, Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
I just lost a fan of my club.may his soul and the soul of others rest in peace.
E no go better for those terrorists.somebody scream Amen !
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by zionic(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
only God can judge 9ja, just a little while n the truth will burst like a ballon, 4 nufin is hidden under the earth, may the dead R.i.P,
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by violent(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
Youngichou:

Sorry man but your children are dead and gone so live goes on.
O and before i go remember this is call revolution and for revolution to take place, price need to be paid.
Young Otutu says So.

folks like you give the word slowpoke a meaning!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by carnal: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
i scream,Amen,e no go beta for dem tru tru!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by MaziUche0(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
Wait a second!

Igbo people lost lives! angry angry angry angry

Complete and utter nonsense!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Zi: 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hw sad![color=#550000][/color]
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Zi: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hw sad![color=#550000][/color]
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Chookym(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
really sad
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Abaabuser: 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
OMG!!! This is indeed utterly very sad. Pls Mr. Aruah kindly find solace in the bosom of our Lord for knows all.

And may the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of our LORD, REST IN PEACE,

The Lord shall be the strength, refuge and succour of your remaining family through HIS MIGHTY NAME WE PRAY  here, Ameeeen!
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Kennyblues(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I just lost a fan of my club.may his soul and the soul of others rest in peace.
E no go better for those terrorists.somebody scream Amen !

Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Youngichou(m): 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
violent:

folks like you give the word slowpoke a meaning!
i pity illiterate like you. Your level of docilty is high. My friend i have got some question for you
1. was he the only one who lost his family that day? Answer me?
2. Others that lost their family did they ever shout or tell the whole world?
3. Mr so called londoner, this man children or boys are dead and cannot i repeat cannot and will never come back to life. So why shouting loud?
Well mr londoner i think you should give me your london number because i need to call you and TALK SENSE INTO YOU.
My problem with the british authorities is that they allow MENTALLY RETARTED, Derailed and highly lunatic beings like you browse the NET.
Pls this is an advice dont just spew all this rubbish to someone over there because when you do this you, YOU will be deported. You hear Me slowpoke.
I have thought all this while something i need to programm for Nairaland and present to Seun but found not now i think i will programm an online ANTI BOT software that tracks and ban MENTALLY retarded humans like you.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by Ferya(f): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
God may you never forgive those that brought this sorrow to these families and our nation, please forgive these innocent souls Amen.
Rest in Peace
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by IBEXY(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
From the start this thing was not worth celebrating.
Re: How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings by shesco24(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2010
I sympathize with the family and wish God gives them the heart to bear the loss. But our security agencies really need to be more vigilant and stand up to their feet as they are meant to protect the people while we the citizens muat try as much as possible to always give relevant informations when we see anything funny in our environment that will result to getting your fellow Nigerians being hurt.

God bless Nigeria as i will always remain a Nigerian no matter what happens. We all should realise that we as the citizens also has a role to play in making sure our society is crime free.

Goodluck is the right man no matter what anybody might say about him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Answers Needed / Night Life To Stop In Abuja (Security Scare) / Nigeria Is Not Ready For State Police - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.