Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy (1533 Views)

Please Help Out For This Puppy / Helps Guys!! What's The Name Of This Puppy Specie / What’s The Breed Of This Puppy Called ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by kennynoah1987(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
Fellow Petlanders,plz need advice regsrding this 9 weeks old rot puppy before buying it tomorrow
Im nt use to rot and iv nt bought one before,so please what is the purity percentage and at 9 weeks old,is he okay

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by eezeribe(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
He is OK... He might be pure breed,just make sure he is well vaccinated,then get money to be buying him puppy food...
Do not allow him sleep on bare floor or tile,otherwise he will be vomiting in the morning.
Just get him some pieces of cloth to be lying on.
His teeth is extremely sharp,your cushion,mattress and slippers are in trouble... Lol.
This is not a local breed,and if you handle him any how,you will wake up one morning and find him dead in peace.
Goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by donjsb(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
How can one tell you if it's OK by merely looking at the pictures? You will need to get the papers to confirm if it's a pure breed and if it's gone for its regular VET check-ups. Preferably, take along with you one who is renowned in such breed to confirm before picking it up for good.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Mentorababio: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
his hair coat is too much which is bad.... and he has a nice bone mass and paw size... his head shape and zygomotic arch doesn't fully conform th but it's not bad... check his pedigree papers if he has and you can be sure...but in all its not bad.. but you have to see the papers

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Greene66: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
eezeribe:

Do not allow him sleep on bare floor or tile,otherwise he will be vomiting in the morning.

Really?

eezeribe:

His teeth is extremely sharp,your cushion,mattress and slippers are in trouble... Lol.
The puppy needs training. Otherwise, it would destroy more than slippers. Besides as long as the dog is given the necessary attention, it would not touch the slippers. That is caused by separation anxiety or boredom
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Magpies(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
eezeribe:
He is OK... He might be pure breed,just make sure he is well vaccinated,then get money to be buying him puppy food...
Just get him some pieces of cloth to be lying on.
This is not a local breed,and if you handle him any how,you will wake up one morning and find him dead in peace.
Goodluck.
����
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Nutase: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Genetically modified ekuke is what I can see. shocked

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Greene66: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nutase:
Genetically modified ekuke is what I can see. shocked

me sef. .. does not look pure to me

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by kennynoah1987(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
This is y i love petlanders they will tell u the truth,thanks for ur advice,i also told the person that the rot i do see dnt hv such hairy coat,their skin always shines like leather,im grateful for ur advice
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by rumenase(m): 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
it's a nice pup but not full breed so pls be cautious of the amount yu are paying. thanks
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
kennynoah1987:
This is y i love petlanders they will tell u the truth,thanks for ur advice,i also told the person that the rot i do see dnt hv such hairy coat,their skin always shines like leather,im grateful for ur advice

didn't want to comment before, but i eouldn't want you to be mislead by some amateurs,

bro, there are different types of rotts,
german rotts have flooded nigerian markets,
what i see there is a pure serbian rottweiler, serbian rotts have long coats which often curls atimes, anothet attribute of serbian rott is their big bone, besides, their tan is more golden like,
hence,
that dog is a gem which is not that common in the nigerian market.

trust me, i've been long in this game

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
rumenase:
it's a nice pup but not full breed so pls be cautious of the amount yu are paying. thanks

please, why do you think the dog is not full breed?
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by countsparrow: 6:01am On Jun 30, 2017
CoolSmithz:

didn't want to comment before, but i eouldn't want you to be mislead by some amateurs,

bro, there are different types of rotts,
german rotts have flooded nigerian markets,
what i see there is a pure serbian rottweiler, serbian rotts have long coats which often curls atimes, anothet attribute of serbian rott is their big bone, besides, their tan is more golden like,
hence,
that dog is a gem which is not that common in the nigerian market.

trust me, i've been long in this game

Bro, forget all dis ur location Rott... There is nothing like Setbian Rott, American Rott or thereabout... Rotts wer originally bred in Germany, and for that, Germans are the real owners of Rotts... Why they are called Serb rotts and American rotts is cause they wer bred in dat country, more like a breeder who specializes in Rotts in Nigeria, purely has Nigerian Rotts with German origin... Hope u get my point?

People give rotts different names in order to cover their impurities... All Rotts originated from germany and there is a standard for Rotts... 60-40 jead ratio, zygotic arc should be pronounced, very dark eyes, body length should be longer than the dogs height, inside of the mouth should be dark and d list goes on...

Back to the topic, the Rott is too hairy, and the head is not well formed... You can keep as a pet, but wouldnt pass d breeding standard, but in Naija most times anything goes

3 Likes

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Juni4jay(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2017
That's not a purebred rott.
I'll not pay mor dan 30k for it if I were d one buying. Cheers!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Greene66: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2017
countsparrow:

Bro, forget all dis ur location Rott... There is nothing like Setbian Rott, American Rott or thereabout... Rotts wer originally bred in Germany, and for that, Germans are the real owners of Rotts... Why they are called Serb rotts and American rotts is cause they wer bred in dat country, more like a breeder who specializes in Rotts in Nigeria, purely has Nigerian Rotts with German origin... Hope u get my point?

People give rotts different names in order to cover their impurities... All Rotts originated from germany and there is a standard for Rotts... 60-40 jead ratio, zygotic arc should be pronounced, very dark eyes, body length should be longer than the dogs height, inside of the mouth should be dark and d list goes on...

Back to the topic, the Rott is too hairy, and the head is not well formed... You can keep as a pet, but wouldnt pass d breeding standard, but in Naija most times anything goes

I couldn't agree more..

As if we are not in Nigeria. Who cares about Siberian or American? Take that dog somewhere in Nigeria for stud, it will most likely be rejected or priced ridiculously low.
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2017
are you sure that's a rottweiler

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by vincentjk(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2017
Sure rottweiler but not pure, maybe mixed with a Gsd along the line but i assure you

That's a very cute dog and will make a good guard dog when grown

The snouth (mouth) disqualifies it as a rott
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by rumenase(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2017
Greene66:

I couldn't agree more..

As if we are not in Nigeria. Who cares about Siberian or American? Take that dog somewhere in Nigeria for stud, it will most likely be rejected or priced ridiculously low.

a thousand likes for yu
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
As long as it isn't more than 30K. My first thought was a cross between GSD and Rottweiler. It's a fine dog though
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Mccollins042(m): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
countsparrow:

my brother u are right that rotts originate from germany but because of many years of breeding in different countries there are some little differences in standards... in America once a dog is pedegree the AKC allows the owner for breeding irrespective of the conformation but in Germany the ADRK allows breeding only if it is pedegree and also in line with their breed standard.... do you also know that GSDs bred in USA are bigger than the ones bred in Germany?
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by lahit14(m): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mouth is too sharp, generally the head is not good for me ooo
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Namdeenero(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
countsparrow:

Bro, forget all dis ur location Rott... There is nothing like Serbian Rott, American Rott or thereabout... Rotts wer originally bred in Germany, and for that, Germans are the real owners of Rotts... Why they are called Serb rotts and American rotts is cause they wer bred in dat country, more like a breeder who specializes in Rotts in Nigeria, purely has Nigerian Rotts with German origin... Hope u get my point?

Thank you
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by rumenase(m): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
CoolSmithz:

please, why do you think the dog is not full breed?

Many reasons; shape of head, snout is too long, the body....... it does not meet the breed standard at all. the only similarity is the color.
Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by countsparrow: 12:01am On Jul 01, 2017
Mccollins042:
my brother u are right that rotts originate from germany but because of many years of breeding in different countries there are some little differences in standards... in America once a dog is pedegree the AKC allows the owner for breeding irrespective of the conformation but in Germany the ADRK allows breeding only if it is pedegree and also in line with their breed standard.... do you also know that GSDs bred in USA are bigger than the ones bred in Germany?

We saying d same thing, countries cover up der breed inadequacies by calling it there standard... Even if eba is prepared in Germany for 1,000 years, anything different from Naija Eba taste and feel is a counterfeit... grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by leslimark(m): 3:15am On Jul 01, 2017
If the breeder is releasing pups earlier than 8 weeks RUN. It's become common for puppies to be released as early 6 weeks, but between 6 and 8 weeks puppies undergo a tremendous amount of socialization. Expect to place a refundable deposit on the pup. If you have not taken delivery of the puppy at the end of 9 weeks expect to loose your deposit and expect the breeder to sell the pup to someone else unless other arrangements have been made.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy by Mccollins042(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2017
countsparrow:

We saying d same thing, countries cover up der breed inadequacies by calling it there standard... Even if eba is prepared in Germany for 1,000 years, anything different from Naija Eba taste and feel is a counterfeit... grin
sure german rottie is the yardstick

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Puppies For Sale / Lhasa Apso Pups For Sale. / This Large Male Adult Neapolitan Mastiff Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.