Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian (25821 Views)

FG Must Order For A National Referendum Now. / Letter To Ag President, Ekunife, Igbo Professionals Call For Referendum / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 30, 2017
xcolanto:

I sieze to engage you further
I expected that. Thanks to my "free education"

Begone sucker!
tongue
Talking about "sucker", that tongue looks perfect on you...something like gay gigolo cheesy
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 6:35am On Jun 30, 2017
davidif:
A country has the right to defend its territory from enemies within and without. I believe it's called sovereignty and countries go to war to defend it.
Multiple countries have done it and will continue to do it.
Gbam!! sad Those who have ears to hear, let them hear!
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2017
laudate:

Chimo!! See finishing...! cheesy

Don't mind the illiterate shop boy - na so dem dey expose dem foolish motor park tout mentality upandan. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 6:39am On Jun 30, 2017
babestella:
How many resources in the North belongs to the Southnerners? Don't we have mineral fields in the North? How many southerners mine these minerals and export it to make money?

Let every region have their own country and manage their resources, enough of Federal character, quota system. Enoug if having a military, police, customs, immigration etc that is dorminated and run by northerners, enough is enough.

There are quite a number of Southerners in the solid minerals sector Ma'am. Please do a survey. And you haven't answered my last question on the oil blocks.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by xelly: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Educated illiterate, did they leave with their immovable properties?
Learn to use your brain before you type; though I wouldn't be surprised if not much is left after the ill effects of the powder you ppl peddle to develop other ppl's land.
Like I said, there are many options opened to a government concerning properties owned by aliens.

Nice, I have gotten what I want from you. They left with their properties and the immovable properties are still in Nigeria. My dear, ask around, you will be surprise to note that Houses own by Ghanaians in Nigeria still belong to them. I can show you many. Ghanians as human went back to Ghana and their properties in Nigeria still remain.

It is not uncommon for you to hear down south that this house is own by a Ghanian nor is it hard to see Ghanaians down south.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by Olasco93: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2017
xelly:

Now that we love ourselves like that, how is it your business? Hope you can join the call for referendum so that we will go our way and continue to betray ourselves if that's what you think of us.

Let us go so that we will stop disturbing you Nigerians and manage ourselves the way we can. If it is by betrayal, we will enjoy it alone if it in love and patrotism, we will see and enjoy it.
I hope you take out time and join the BIAFRA MATCH, HOSTING OF BIAFRA FLAG and FINANCIAL DONATIONS to support the noble course.
MODIFY:
Didn't I tell you, Anambra has pulled out, waiting for the next...
#FutileStruggleLoading

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2017
xelly:

Nice, I have gotten what I want from you. They left with their properties and the immovable properties are still in Nigeria. My dear, ask around, you will be surprise to note that Houses own by Ghanaians in Nigeria still belong to them. I can show you many. Ghanians as human went back to Ghana and their properties in Nigeria still remain.

It is not uncommon for you to hear down south that this house is own by a Ghanian nor is it hard to see Ghanaians down south.

You are apparently irredeemably mentally lazy; why go to Ghana when you even have ready made examples here in Nigeria; haven't you heard of abandoned properties; how many of your blodas got back their houses from their cousins in the SS after the war?

As I have tried to explain to you over and over again; a government can always choose to make laws to suit itself; ranging from selectively putting heavy taxes on foreign (Igbo) owned properties to outright confiscation out of national interest - and nothing will happen, some may even try going to court; ECOWAS, UN etc and only end up wasting several years of their time in vain - that is the kind of reality awaits some of the evictees should it ever happen - shey you now understand?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by Emassive(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2017
No be for face here 9ice betray Coded tunes music wet be him Yoruba brother?
Is it not a Yoruba badoo cult group that goes about killing their own Yoruba families or is it not a Yoruba ritualist that uses another Yoruba man, woman and children's skulls for money?

Go home and faint please.

Olasco93:
Nigeria is not SUDAN.
They should just have a rethink and channel their strength into their businesses. They don't even look like people that need Independence.
A people that can do the Undo for money and so on. I weep for Emekas and Okafors.
Freedom no be beans.
People wey dem go betray diaself once dem see small change for hand...
Because Baba no dey around, Kanu dey form Jagaban.
Rubbish and futile struggle.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by DrogoG(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2017
Stupid illiterate arewa youths, if you want Igbos to leave the north, we'll be glad to do so legally. There's a peaceful means to achieve it without shedding blood. Trying to threaten us via a letter is a coward move.

You can't just force us out of the North and steal our properties you can't afford on your own, it's not the way. You people can't survive in any war against us if foreign powers don't assist you. Igbos of today are more advance in every field of life and very lethal.

As we Igbos are calling for a referendum to end this terrible union, why not join us to do it, so that we can all agree to part ways legally and peacefully? We don't want to have a country with you, that's why we've been protesting peacefully for you Northerners and Yorubas to let us go!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by xelly: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

You are apparently irredeemably mentally lazy; why go to Ghana when you even have ready made examples here in Nigeria; haven't you heard of abandoned properties; how many of your blodas got back their houses from their cousins in the SS after the war?

As I have tried to explain to you over and over again; a government can always choose to make laws to suit itself; ranging from selectively putting heavy taxes on foreign (Igbo) owned properties to outright confiscation out of national interest - and nothing will happen, some may even try going to court; ECOWAS, UN etc and only end up wasting several years of their time in vain - that is the kind of reality awaits some of the evictees should it ever happen - shey you now understand?

I don't think I should continue with you pot calling kettle black. To your claim, all I have to say is 'Till it happen'.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
DrogoG:
Stupid illiterate arewa youths, if you want Igbos to leave the north, we'll be glad to do so legally. There's a peaceful means to achieve it without shedding blood. Trying to threaten us via a letter is a coward move.

You can't just force us out of the North and steal our properties you can't afford on your own, it's not the way. You people can't survive in any war against us if foreign powers don't assist you. Igbos of today are more advance in every field of life and very lethal.

As we Igbos are calling for a referendum to end this terrible union, why not join us to do it, so that we can all agree to part ways legally and peacefully? We don't want to have a country with you, that's why we've been protesting peacefully for you Northerners and Yorubas to let us go!

Why should the Arewa youths join you to call for a referendum? Are they the ones that want Biafra? You people, sef.... sad
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by orisa37: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
A Referendum for whatever purpose is very costly.
2/3-3/4 of The NASS and the various Houses of State Assemblies is cheaper, quicker and equivalent to a Referendum.
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
xelly:

I don't think I should continue with you pot calling kettle black. To your claim, all I have to say is 'Till it happen'.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by DrogoG(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
laudate:

Why should the Arewa youths join you to call for a referendum? Are they the ones that want Biafra? You people, sef.... sad

Because they want Igbos to leave the north! And they talked about having their own country too. Where you living in a cave when they published their letter?

In a country, you don't threaten a whole major ethnic group to leave any area of the country!! It is a call for a civil war. Every Nigerian has right to legally live anywhere in the country whether they're ethnically related to the place or not!

If these stupid arewa id*iots want Igbos to leave the North, it would be easier for them to join Igbos in calling for a referendum! That way, Igbos wlll not only forever leave the north, we'll leave Nigeria altogether to form our own country!

Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas don't like Igbos and still don't want Igbos to go! Let Igbos go!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
DrogoG:
Because they want Igbos to leave the north! And they talked about having their own country too. Where you living in a cave when they published their letter?

In a country, you don't threaten a whole major ethnic group to leave any area of the country!! It is a call for a civil war. Every Nigerian has right to legally live anywhere in the country whether they're ethnically related to the place or not!

If these stupid arewa id*iots want Igbos to leave the North, it would be easier for them to jion Igbos in calling for a referendum! That way, Igbos wlll not only forever leave the north, we'll leave Nigeria altogether to form our own country!

Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas don't like Igbos and still don't want Igbos to go! Let Igbos go!!
Can you see your problem? You chaps lack the ability to be rational, as you lace each of your responses with an insult. Maybe, you were the one living in a cave, who knows? sad The IPOB chaps have been saying they want to leave Nigeria. Instead of launching the process by getting their representatives in the Federal & State house of reps in each of the Southeastern states to debate the matter, as well as their Senators, Ministers etc., to push forward the process, they are busy launching missiles of hate in the direction of other ethnic groups. sad

The Arewa youths only responded to IPOB's call for a separate country. undecided They are NOT under any obligation to conduct a referendum for your people. Even if you seek their support to conduct a referendum, it is not going to be obtained through insults, threats, hate speeches and condemnation. Ask your political leaders to kick start the process for you. No one is holding on to the Igbo. Ask them to just follow the process, instead of spreading hate. undecided

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Don't waste your time. undecided They are hard of hearing and have deliberately refused to understand the basic principles that pertain to ownership of properties, in a sovereign nation. When the chips are down, e go do dem like film! sad
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
laudate:

Don't waste your time. undecided They are hard of hearing and have deliberately refused to understand the basic principles that pertain to ownership of properties, in a sovereign nation. When the chips are down, e go do dem like film! sad

LOL, na dat time dem go true true know say dem dey inside Nollywood cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
What about first calling for a regional referendum?

There is no evidence that Igbos would vote for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
GenBuhari:
What about first calling for a regional referendum?

There is no evidence that Igbos would vote for Biafra.
They are basing their calls for a referendum on the masses that follow Kanu's directive within the Southeast. undecided They feel that motley crowd would give them victory, if push comes to shove. But your idea of a regional referendum sounds appealing. Let us hope the IPOB crew would be able to carry it forward, instead of seeking other ethnic groups to help them make it a reality. wink

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by Rossikki: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
So let me get this straight. The Igbo group of 'professionals' is demanding the right to secede while insisting Igbos must be allowed to remain in the "failed state" of Nigeria even after Biafra is declared? I mean, the arrogance and narcissm of these people is beyond belief. Somebody better inform that dunce in the picture that in the event of secession, Nigeria will not be waiting to take instructions from the UN or EU over what to do with Igbo illegal immigrants, and will deport every last one of them back to their new country as is her right as a sovereign nation. Bunch of know-nothing, pea brain 'professionals'.
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Rossikki:
So let me get this straight. The Igbo group of 'professionals' is demanding the right to secede while insisting Igbos must be allowed to remain in the "failed state" of Nigeria even after Biafra is declared? I mean, the arrogance and narcissm of these people is beyond belief. Somebody better inform that dunce in the picture that in the event of secession, Nigeria will not be waiting to take instructions from the UN or EU over what to do with Igbo illegal immigrants, and will deport every last one of them back to their new country as is her right as a sovereign nation. Bunch of know-nothing, pea brain 'professionals'.
You just asked if "The Igbo group of 'professionals' is demanding the right to secede while insisting Igbos must be allowed to remain in the "failed state" of Nigeria even after Biafra is declared?" Yep! You got that, right! cheesy

According to them:
dobokiy:
As the debate on national question continues, a coalition of Igbo professionals in Nigeria and the Diaspora under the aegis of Igbo Ekunie Initiative, has called on the Federal Government to organise a referendum to determine the continuity of the country as a united entity.
In a letter addressed to the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, which was also a reaction to the previous letter written by the Arewa youth to the acting president, the Igbo group urged the presidency to, as a matter of urgency, pass a motion that will allow all sections of the nation campaign for, and hold a referendum to freely determine if they want to remain in Nigeria or not.

In the letter, president of the group, Tochukwu Ezeoke, noted that the motion would serve as a final, peaceful and civilized settlement of the ever-increasing contradictions and bloodletting that has long plagued the nation....
http://guardian.ng/politics/igbo-professionals-call-for-national-referendum/

They want the Northerners to apologise for detaining IPOB members too, and are also demanding that property rights be given to them, on a platter of gold. cheesy
dobokiy:
....Igbo Ekunie Initiative also said it hopes the north would apologize for all the incarcerated and murdered members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), ‘whose only crime was the peaceful expression or non-violent demonstrations for their right to self-determination as recognised by the UN and African Union (AU) charters.”

According to the Igbo group, “The quit notice issued by Arewa youths demonstrates the ignorance and consequent failure to realize that residency rights like property rights as governed by international law transcend citizenship.

“Thus Nigerians live in Ghana, America, the United Kingdom and elsewhere even without being citizens. Likewise, British citizens living in other parts of the EU have not left because of ‘Brexit’. “The ongoing developments in the country have once again shown why Nigeria remains the dreg of humanity and a failed state where basic indices of civilization and rule of law are absent.”

http://guardian.ng/politics/igbo-professionals-call-for-national-referendum/
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by DrogoG(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
laudate:

Can you see your problem? You chaps lack the ability to be rational, as you lace each of your responses with an insult. Maybe, you were the one living in a cave, who knows? sad The IPOB chaps have been saying they want to leave Nigeria. Instead of launching the process by getting their representatives in the Federal & State house of reps in each of the Southeastern states to debate the matter, as well as their Senators, Ministers etc., to push forward the process, they are busy launching missiles of hate in the direction of other ethnic groups. sad

The Arewa youths only responded to IPOB's call for a separate country. undecided They are NOT under any obligation to conduct a referendum for your people. Even if you seek their support to conduct a referendum, it is not going to be obtained through insults, threats, hate speeches and condemnation. Ask your political leaders to kick start the process for you. No one is holding on to the Igbo. Ask them to just follow the process, instead of spreading hate. undecided

Firstly, nobody is begging arewa or whatever they called themselves, to help Igbos. My earlier point focused on encouraging the arewa youths to follow the peaceful legal means to resolve whatever problem they've with the Igbos. For example, I said, instead of them recklessly threatening to force Igbos out of the North (that could that a civil war), there's a better and peaceful means they could achieve their goal, which is by calling for a national referendum! Igbos are already calling for a referendum. For you to say Igbos aren't doing anything regarding the referendum, still reminds me you probably lived in a cave. Cave dwellers have no clue what's happening in the world around them.

Secondly, no other ethnic groups spread hate than Huasa/Fulani and Yorubas! No other ethnic group practices One Nigeria more than the Igbos, that's a fact! There's no part of Nigeria you won't see Igbos living peacefully, contributing positively to the development of that place and also marrying the indigenous people there. There's no Nigerian language you won't see an Igboman or woman speak fluently like the indigenous people because we're everywhere. This can't be said of either Huasas/Fulanis or Yorubas. That's a fact!

So, your false claim that Igbos spread hate, shows the level of your ignorance! If you look in the mirror, you'll see a hater and a liar.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by laudate: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
DrogoG:
Firstly, nobody is begging arewa or whatever they called themselves, to help Igbos. My earlier point focused on encouraging the arewa youths to follow the peaceful legal means to resolve whatever problem they've with the Igbos. For example, I said, instead of them recklessly threatening to force Igbos out of the North (that could that a civil war), there's a better and peaceful means they could achieve their goal, which is by calling for a national referendum! Igbos are already calling a referendum. For you to say Igbos aren't doing anything regarding the referendum, still reminds me you probably lived in a cave. Cave dwellers have no clue what's happening in the world around them.

Secondly, no other ethnic groups spread hate than Huasa/Fulani and Yorubas! No other ethnic group practices One Nigeria more than the Igbos, that's a fact! There's no part of Nigeria you won't see Igbos living peacefully, contributing positively to the development of that place and also marrying the indigenous people there. There's no Nigerian language you won't see an Igboman or woman speak fluently like the indigenous people because we're everywhere. This can't be said of either Huasas/Fulanis or Yorubas. That's a fact!

So, your false claim that Igbos spread hate, shows the level of your ignorance! If you look in the mirror, you'll see a hater.
No sir, you are actually the cave dweller, and the hate speech has been flowing from your IPOB brothers and your good self. sad I urge you to take your own advice and look in the mirror first. You would see the word hate spelt out in clear letters, across your forehead. When Radio biafra was broadcasting its' hate speeches, where were you? When your people were insulting other ethnic groups and calling Nigeria a zoo, you must have been hibernating in the cave you spoke about, right? undecided

You said Igbo are doing something regarding the referendum. Just what exactly are they doing? shocked Sit-at-home protests, or marching on the streets with Nnamdi Kanu? Do you think that is the right way to get a referendum. You fail to understand that that is a stipulated political process that needs to be followed from the house of reps in your your Southeastern states all the way to the Senate, in order to get a referendum. Have the Igbo or IPOB crew chanting Biafra followed this process? No!! sad So why blame other ethnic groups for your inability to leave Nigeria?

Please keep your hate speeches in your pocket and do the needful, instead of looking at the Arewa youth to help you get your referendum. sad
Re: Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian by CYBERWEAVER(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
uvalued:
lets go there...let us decide or not to stay as nigeria
i am nt a biafran but i just love the action*Nk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bala Baiko Dumps APC For PDP, Claims Atiku Will Soon Do Same / Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead / Saraki Shifty When Asked About Slashing NASS Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.