Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns (3710 Views)

Yoruba, Unlike Igbo, Are Too Sophisticated To Have One Socio-political group. / Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) / Don't Fight Igbo They Are Now Worst Gowon Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by flyingsnail(f): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
BREAKING!!! Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated To Be Defeated – Gowon Tells Buhari, Others

A former Military Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd), said that an Igbo president would help heal the civil war wounds, maintaining that he supports the idea of rotational presidency IGBERE TV has learnt.

Gowon said this while delivering a lecture entitled “No Victor, No Vanquished: Healing the Nigerian Nation” to mark the 6th Convocation ceremony of the Chukwumeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU), Igbariam, in Anambra.

He explained that the civil war was not out of hatred for the late Igbo leader Odumegwu Ojukwu or the Igbos, but was based on the principle of a commitment to a robust Nigeria.

“It is wrong to conclude that the civil war broke out following the failure of the Aburi Accord but was the direct result of a unilateral decision of independence for Eastern Nigeria.

“If there was no seccession, there would have been no war.

“It was a reluctant war waged to unite the country,” Gowon explained.

He acknowledged that many people died of hunger and diseases during the period but maintained that the Federal Government ensured that starvation was not used as a weapon of war.

Gowon said that Nigerians should be proud of the gains of the war through the healing balm of “no victor, no vanquished.”

According to him, the three Rs of reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction were adopted to enhance national unity.

He also argued that the abandonment of the development plan drafted immediately after the war by successive governments, resulted in the infrastructural decay in the country.

The former head of state, however, lauded Ojukwu for his courage in defending his people during the war, saying: “if Ojukwu were in my shoes, he would have equally waged the war.”

He also commended the Anambra government and management of the university for honouring Ojukwu with the change in name of the institution from Anambra State University to COOU.

Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra, who lauded Gowon for honouring the invitation, said education was dear to his administration.

Represented by the state Commissioner for Education, Prof. Kate Omenugha, Obiano said that a blue print for the development of higher education would soon be implemented in the state...

http://igberetvnews.com/404587/breaking-dont-go-to-war-with-biafrans-again-they-are-now-too-sophisticated-to-be-defeated-gowon-tells-buhari-others/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Kingjay5(m): 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
ok
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Iykefirm(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
grin mere sophisticated,one day i will be president of these country,just one day
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by lazsnaira(m): 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
OK
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sai Gowon

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
@ Op where did he mentioned your topic?

Your hairy chest is paining you abi?

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by PREBuhari2019: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Tell dem now. Biafra second coming no be beans.

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by superemmy(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sometimes I wonder how this year will end

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by vanbonattel: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Gowon of the olden days?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Yyeske(m): 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
OP, topic and body of message are both different, maka why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Okanokan(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sophistication indeed! Power does not take a back-turn except in the face of more power. Play play go turn to eat and go.
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by mightyhazell: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
War?

Seems old age is fast setting in

Who is talkin war here?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by cuedish: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Iykefirm:
grin mere sophisticated,one day i will be president of these country,just one day

Probably at 80 years .....good luck
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by afonjaheadhunt: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
grin
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
grin, igberetv Is the source. I am out.
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by BrutusOj(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
This is true, what an elder sit down to see if a child climb ladder he wont see it. Go to war musem in umuahia and you will see what the igbos used 50years ago and tell me if they wont challenge Nigeria till they get a postive result this time.
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Paretomaster(m): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
BrutusOj:
This is true, what an elder sit down to see if a child climb ladder he wont see it. Go to war musem in umuahia and you will see what the igbos used 50years ago and tell me if they wont challenge Nigeria till they get a postive result this time.

Look at u, am sure u didn't read the news at all before opening g that ur akpu mouth, and hand to type.. .

Gowon never said anything like that, go back, and read the news.. ...
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by nairalife2013(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Gowon of the olden days?
grin
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Melvinsofty: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
It's another one chest beaters at it again
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by nototribalist: 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Fulanis think we've forgotten what they did to our people. If I have the power, all Afonjas and abokiis will die this night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by BrutusOj(m): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Paretomaster:

Look at u, am sure u didn't read the news at all before opening g that ur akpu mouth, and hand to type.. .

Gowon never said anything like that, go back, and read the news.. ...
you that read with your black AMALA and EWEDU eyes, tell me what the first sentence of the OP' post says...
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by nototribalist: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2017
Let war start first. My job na to burst all Oil pipelines. Nigeria must be like Iraq and Afghanistan or current Libya
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by chukagora(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Old news...
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by leofab(f): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
Real and truthful
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by daveson2020(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
We just ask for a referendum not war but if the Northerners and their yo rubastard slaves wants war then so be it. grin grin
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by Joel3(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
...gowan committed a war crime for hunger starvation to women and children and and extradited to pay for the crime.

after the civil war then issues that lead to it has not be addressed. why did they fought to keep the Biafra to Nigeria. rebuilding and rehabilitation was never done. that to me is modern day slavery. buhari was and is an illiterate who knows anything about war. and to think of it he attended the war college. there is no way the North can win Biafra in any war again. never again will it happen. the hunger starvation in the 60s will not work again. the UN humanitarian aid will come to rescue. if they decide to kill IBO's they will be extradited. the only way or solution right now Is a referendum. the UN has already called for that.

if we decide to live together then was can be like united kingdom. Scotland, wales, Ireland and England. independently from each other.
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by flyingsnail(f): 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
sad
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by comos: 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
Should any war breakout, it will be between the SE/SS/MB vs the North.

It won't last 3 months before the North is over-run

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by manmade(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
It may not be as easy as it was during the civil war the NA is no longer what it used to be , most of the recruited officers and men now either came in through the connections of their god fathers or paid heavy amount of money to secured a placement and no one is willing to laid down his life again to fight any stupid war for the benefit of pot belly politicians, many people that sincerely have the flair for the job are usually screened out and replaced by god sons and relatives of the Generals and VIPs. This is one of the reasons why some soldiers flee at the sight of the B........ .pls fill in the gap yourself . Na my dey I dey I no want wahala..
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by DATACUG00000(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Na so
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by flyingsnail(f): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns by IGBOSON1: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
manmade:
It may not be as easy as it was during the civil war the NA is no longer what it used to be , most of the recruited officers and men now either came in through the connections of their god fathers or paid heavy amount of money to secured a placement and no one is willing to laid down his life again to fight any stupid war for the benefit of pot belly politicians, many people that sincerely have the flair for the job are usually screened out and replaced by god sons and relatives of the Generals and VIPs. This is one of the reasons why some soldiers flee at the sight of the B........ .pls fill in the gap yourself . Na my dey I dey I no want wahala..

Spot on analysis!

Just to add that, Nigeria ‘winning’ like they did in ‘67-‘70 would also not be possible because a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then! The grandchildren of those misguided ones that fought to keep Nigeria one have now seen the ‘one Nigeria’ their grandparents fought to sustain...they see who feels Nigeria belongs to them, and are coveting most of its resources and opportunities in gov’t/politics; and conversely they equally see those who have been designated as the serfs...the monkey that will work for the baboon to chop!

The dynamics, permutations, level of awareness and commitment to sustaining a colonial business enterprise have all greatly changed since the late 60s!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Must Learn How To Listen To Advice To Aviod What Is About To Happen- IBB / "Paid" Protesters Harass USA At Their Embassy In Abuja Over IPOB / Breaking News-Asari Dokubo Strong Message Has Millions Of Benue People Waking Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.