Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,535 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) (907 Views)

Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade / Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / Don’t Go To War With Biafrans Again; They Are Now Too Sophisticated. Gowon Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by EnkayDezign: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Former head of state, General Yakubu Gowon (rtd), yesterday warned Nigerians against acts that are capable of sparking another civil war in the country, saying they must eschew all forms of violence, criminal activities and behaviours that tend to divide the country.

Reacting for the first time to the increasing spate of divisive and hate speeches by certain persons in some parts of the country, the former Nigerian leader who was a leading actor in the Nigerian/biafra war that claimed many lives and properties in the country sounded the warning in Sokoto at a one-day national prayer rally organised by a prayer group called Nigeria Prays.

Gowon who is the national convener of Nigeria Prays also appealed to Nigerians to collectively pray for the speedy recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Warning against the spoils of war, he said, “We should value the lives of our fellow human beings that God has created for a purpose. May we never take lives with impunity.

“We are offering fervent prayers that Nigerians will never raise their hands against one another. They should love one another irrespective of religious, ideological, political and ethnic affinities”.

He also urged Nigerians to pray for Acting President Yemi Osinbajo and leaders at all levels, even as he solicited for sustained prayers for peace, unity and socio-economic prosperity of the country.

Gowon said, “Prayer can solve problems better and faster than soldiers, as well as physical weapons of war. I have no doubt in my heart that God will honour our collective prayer and intercession for our dear nation, as well as heal our nation of insecurity.

“May we experience abundance of God’s mercy and showers of blessings over our lives and our nation as we raise our voices in heartfelt prayers today in Sokoto”.

The former head of state commended Sokoto State government for its support, involvement and generosity to ensure the success of the rally.

The North-West zonal coordinator of Nigeria Prays, Bishop Godwin Okafor, said the rally was organized to seek for sustained peace, unity and stability of Nigeria.

S’East Govs, NASS Members Insist On One United Nigeria

Meanwhile, the Southeast Governors’ Forum as well as the apex Igbo social cultural organization, Ohaneze Ndigbo, and other notable persons from the zone have declared the support of Ndigbo for a united Nigeria where peace, love, fairness, justice, equity as well as equality of opportunities are paramount regardless of creed, ethnicity, gender or political affiliation.

They made their position known in a 7-point communiqué issued at the end of their one day meeting at the weekend, which began at the Enugu Government House and ended at Nike Lake Hotel, Enugu.

The communiqué also condemned in strong terms hate speeches and conducts emanating from any segment of the country.

In the communiqué which was read by chairman of the forum and governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, the Igbo leaders advocated restructuring of the federal republic of Nigeria on the basis of fairness and equity.

“We therefore, call on the federal government and all Nigerian leaders to commence a process of dialogue among Nigerians on the modalities of achieving this pressing question within a reasonable time frame”, the leaders stated.

The meeting was also attended by some selected Igbo leaders of thought, including members of the National Assembly (NASS) from the region, religious and traditional rulers, among others

They equally express their support for the report of the 2014 national conference, just as they urged the federal government to set up structures that would enable the implementation of the confab report within a reasonable time.

Former Nigeria’s permanent representative to the United Nations, Chief Arthur Mbanefo, has lampooned the indigenous people of biafra (IPOB) and its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, describing their activities as unnecessarily endangering lives of Igbos living in the Northern part of the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFiBtF7VHM
Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by NNAMDIII(m): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
It will never be better for chukwuma nzeogwu kadunna and Aguiyi Ironsi undecided

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by bolanto24(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
It will never be well with Gowon and his likes for championing the death of millions because of this God forsaken country.

He should seriously ask God for forgiveness then maybe his soul will rest in peace when he eventually dies.

This country will never move forward cos of so many wasted souls crying.

I'm ashamed of this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
NNAMDIII:
It will never be better for chukwuma nzeogwu kadunna and Aguiyi Ironsi undecided

it will never be well with lack of common sense.
it did not even pity at all.

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by ESDKING: 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
No country on earth has survived second civil war to be united. Anything war again is immediate break up after the war.
That's why some politicians that are benefiting from one Nig are putting everything possible to ensure there won't be another war out break because they already know what the outcome would be. This time around, the winners or the loosers won't be considered again.
After the war is immediate break up, whether the two parties like it or not.

So, with or without war, victory remains children of God's portion.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Terkimbi01: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
This man is a disgrace to the Middle Belt.
an old man who turned deaf and dumb when the Nigeria he killed innocent people for was killing his own people.

6 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Dedetwo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
I guess this basement fool is old enough to know that self determination in no form or shape denotes war.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kai.....Mumu Gowon

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by BiafranPrince: 2:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Referendum is not war, old genocidist.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Paperwhite(m): 3:01am On Jul 04, 2017
Terkimbi01:
This man is a disgrace to the Middle Belt.
an old man who turned deaf and dumb when the Nigeria he killed innocent people for was killing his own people.

My dear-it really a pity this my kinsman even played the stooge in the frenzy killings by the core north during the 1966-1970 era after which they then turned the heat on us.The memory of those inglorious era aches my heart a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 04, 2017
BiafranPrince:
Referendum is not war, old genocidist.
Maybe a visit from some more Fulani herdsmen will help to re-organize Gowon's brain

3 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by TheKingdom: 5:40am On Jul 04, 2017
Gowon, a young black Nigg.er area man used and dumped by Queen Eliza and her bankers. That is it

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 04, 2017
TheKingdom:
Gowon, a young black Nigg.er Area man used and dumped by Queen Eliza and her bankers. That is it
He was used and dumped by Queen Eliza.

Then Fulani herdsmen began to pay him and his village frequent visits.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by givbitcoin: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2017
A subtle warning to all those championing division and restructuring and other enemies of the state
Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by TheKingdom: 5:55am On Jul 04, 2017
givbitcoin:
A subtle warning to all those championing division and restructuring and other enemies of the state

Which state? British state of Nig.ger area people?
Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Terkimbi01: 6:39am On Jul 04, 2017
Paperwhite:
My dear-it really a pity this my kinsman even played the stooge in the frenzy killings by the core north during the 1966-1970 era after which they then turned the heat on us.The memory of those inglorious era aches my heart a lot.

The way I see it, this is our time.
Like the current Biaran spring, we have to make our own.
These stooges should no longer speak for us.
It is time we raise our own voice and state clearly our desires without any sentiments.

The old stooge is warning about war, who is he warning?
He has left those killing and initiating war, to warn those who are being killed for daring to say NO to the killings.

War has been brought down to us in Benue and the Middle belt, and as long a
s we keep quiet, then Nigeria is good.

but if someone. is saying no to the killings, then Gowon is warning us about war.

he is mad.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Terkimbi01: 6:42am On Jul 04, 2017
givbitcoin:

The enemies of the state I know are those carrying out genocide in Benue and the middle belt

The Nigerian army who have kept quiet and even protect them..

And all those who warn about war only because someone is saying enough is enough.
Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2017
This is utterly confusing.

I've met General Gowon in person. And I can affirm that beneath the many layers of his military 'glory' lies a thick fog of cowardice..

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Warns Against Another Civil War (video) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
TarOrfeek:
This is utterly confusing.

I've met General Gowon in person. And I can affirm that beneath the many layers of his military 'glory' lies a thick fog of cowardice..
Has he been able to rescue his own village in Angas/Plateau from the ravages of Fulani herdsmen and women ? ? ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS: Burial Photos Of Hajiya Daughter Of Former Jigawa State Governor / Fayose Resign Or Release The 11 Damaging Pictures Of Buhari, Ekiti Citizens Prot / Fulani Herdsmen Threaten To Sue Fayose Over Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.