Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat (1097 Views)

On Obiano's Support For Buhari - Orjika Chidiebere / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Ipob Members After Erev Shabbat In Israel(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive, Spotted In Jerusalem Praying, Poses With IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by giftft(f): 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
The directive by the leader of Indigenous the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB to shun the November 18 governorship election in Anambra State by Biafrans is now a source of worry for Stakeholders of Willie Obiano second Tenure organization.

This was disclosed by the National Coordinator of the group Chief Ekene Enefe who warned against the dangers of shunning the election and urged IPOB to retract its statement.

Chief Enefe, who spoke at Akwu Ukwu town in Idemili South Local Government Area, of the state during a town hall meeting of the support group in the area day, said that such directive is not good for development in Igbo land.

About 1,500 members of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, and people from other political parties gathered to give their support for Governor Willie Obiano’s second term bid during the town hall meeting.

According to Chief Enefe, IPOB members plan to stop the governorship election in Anambra State because, because of no conduct a referendum, first to determine the emergence of Biafra nation should know that their action would amount to a disservice to Anambra State and disruption of peace.

They should allow the conduct of peaceful, free and fair election election in the State and not to draw the State backwards, politically, the issue of referendum would be handled according to the law and should not be used as a mechanism to cause crisis in a peaceful State like Anambra.

“Disruption of the election would be confronting government of the day under Governor Obiano who had been doing everything humanly possible to ensure that democracy dividends got to every nook and cranny of the State.

“Security, agricultural revolution, prompt payment of workers’ salaries including pensioners are among the major achievements of the Obiano administration, they should consider that they should consider and allow the election to be conducted for the Governor return for second tenure to complete all he started.”

Sponsor of the event, Chief Chuma Obiekwe thanked Governor Obiano for what he had done for the community so far, especially in the area of road reconstruction but requested that his community should be considered for government appointments which he said had eluded them over the years.

He also called for completion of all abandoned government projects in the area.

A member of the All Progressives Congress,APC, Mr Cosmas Eze gave a pass mark for Obiano but lamented that his Umuikuku village in Akwu Ukwu was about to be washed away by a devastating gully erosion and called upon the Governor to come to their rescue.

It would be recalled that the leadership of the IPOB issued a threats that it willhence forth not allow any election to take place in the entire South East starting with the November 18, 2017 governorship election in Anambra State until a referendum is conducted for the restoration of Biafra.

Source: BiafraSay Forum
http://biafrasay.com/p/326483/obiano-support-group-pleads-with-ipob-to-withdraw-threat
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by giftft(f): 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by ChimaAdeoye: 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
I think it wull amount to own goal to boycott the Anambra governorship election
Buhari will be too happy yo appoint Chris Ubah will syrict instructions to stop paying salaries and pensions so that all the money can be diverted to APC electioneering and rigging.

We dont have federal jobs and now the little the state uses to support services and even federal roads is given to Abuja politicians for jamboree. MBA !!

I don't support that order. It was poorly conceived and will achieve nothing but more pains and suffering in Igboland.
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by Nwodosis(m): 3:06am On Jun 30, 2017
These politicians are yet to understand that revolution is loading. Obiano should better prepare how to use the Nigerian military to force out the Biarans to come out and vote!
Why are all asking Kanu to back down on No Election in Anambra and not asking the Federal Government to give a date for REFERENDUM?

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by conductor5: 4:08am On Jun 30, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:
I think it wull amount to own goal to boycott the Anambra governorship election
Buhari will be too happy yo appoint Chris Ubah will syrict instructions to stop paying salaries and pensions so that all the money can be diverted to APC electioneering and rigging.

We dont have federal jobs and now the little the state uses to support services and even federal roads is given to Abuja politicians for jamboree. MBA !!

I don't support that order. It was poorly conceived and will achieve nothing but more pains and suffering in Igboland.
Shut up and get out. We're no longer interested in the little stipends from Buhari and his bunch of wild animals in the zoo. Restoration of our country Biafra is far more important than any shiityy state governorship election that still amounts to looting and more looting.

I kwugherie maka Biafra ebea ozo, mbgbawaagi ishi
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by myright: 5:12am On Jun 30, 2017
conductor5:

Shut up. We're no longer interested in the little stipends from Buhari and his bunch of wild animals in the zoo. Restoration of our country Biafra is far more important than any shiityy state governorship election that still amounts to looting and more looting.

you quoted the wrong guy bro. Check again and edit. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by PreyingMantis(m): 6:52am On Jun 30, 2017
conductor5:

Shut up. We're no longer interested in the little stipends from Buhari and his bunch of wild animals in the zoo. Restoration of our country Biafra is far more important than any shiityy state governorship election that still amounts to looting and more looting.

Na waa... Take time to read before quoting anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by ESDKING: 7:03am On Jun 30, 2017
conductor5:

I guess you must have wanted to quote the first person that commented not the second.
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by Okoroawusa: 7:03am On Jun 30, 2017
I was looking for the 'begging' n 'pleading' by APGA in d article...I no see

1 Like

Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by nototribalist: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Buhari is a Bastardd, we want referendum
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by ESDKING: 7:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Okoroawusa:
I was looking for the 'begging' n 'pleading' by APGA in d article...I no see
Must you tell everyone that you are having dyslexia. ?
Re: Obiano Support Group Pleads With IPOB To Withdraw Threat by Okoroawusa: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2017
ESDKING:
Must you tell everyone that you are having dyslexia. ?
thanks for the compliment. is that all?

(1) (Reply)

As Nnamdi Kanu Kicked Against The Dna Result Can He Accept Referendum Result? / S'West Elders:PMB & NW Out To Oppress NIG. Admit Nnamdi Kanu Was Right All Along / The Future Of Biafra In Kanu's Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.