Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,140 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu (317 Views)

Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole / Biafra: You Have No Right To Stop Election In Igbo Land – Orji Kalu Tells Kanu / "You Are Heating Up The Polity" - Ohanaeze To Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu by ekpoesito: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2017
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo, an apex socio-cultural organisation of the Igbo, on Thursday, disowned the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, and his movement, IPOB.

The President-General of Ohanaeze, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, said this while addressing members of the Anambra State house of Assembly at the Legislative Complex, Awka, Anambra State.

Nwodo who was particularly embittered by the call by IPOB for a boycott of Anambra Election in November, said Kanu had breached the undertaking he took before him (Nwodo) when he was released from detention.

He said, “I’m just being paternal. The way I commended them as my children; is the way I have the right to chastised them when they go wrong. We don’t need this heat up”.

Nwodo’s addressed read in part “News that reached us in the past few days that Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of IPOB has declared that there will be no election in Anambra in November is shocking and disturbing. I hereby countermand that declaration as President General of Ohaneze.

“Whereas Ohanaeze understands the marginalization and unfair treatment of Igbos which have given rise to self-determination movements in Igboland, leaders of these movements must not arrogate to themselves the supreme leadership of Igboland.

“Statements of the kind credited to Nnamdi Kanu are provocative, misleading and unproductive. Why should Anambra people be denied the opportunity to choose their own leader? Why should any of us who are not from Anambra, no matter how highly placed, descend to the arena and dictate for Anambra people when to vote, whether to vote or who to vote for?

http://ekpoesito.com/2017/06/youre-heating-polity-ohanaeze-tells-kanu/

Re: You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu by olukaygold(m): 12:10am On Jun 30, 2017
let me sit down here first before reading the topic
Re: You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu by olukaygold(m): 12:10am On Jun 30, 2017
e sit down here firssm
Re: You’re Heating Up The Polity – Ohanaeze Tells Kanu by Mynd44: 12:22am On Jun 30, 2017

(1)

APC Gives Update On Buhari’s Health, Debunks Fayose’s Claim That He’s On Life Su / Fayose On Fire, Says Buhari Must Go / 66 Ex-niger Delta Agitators Gain Admission Into Johan Cruyff Institute Of Barcel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.