Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

A Short Way Of The Cross With Pictures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Way Of The Cross With Pictures (450 Views)

What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? / 'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Way Of The Cross With Pictures by microsofttutor(m): 4:27am On Jun 30, 2017
There are 14 stations of the cross and this is of great importance to Christians especially Catholics. There are various translations to portray the passion of Jesus Christ. The Stations of the Cross starts officially in the Catholic Church from the first Friday after Ash Wednesday and continues every Friday to Good Friday. The various forms available include: pictures, movies (acted scenes), etc. This article shows you the short way the cross with images of the various stations.
stations of the cross - a short way of the cross
This short way of the cross is used by the Franciscan Fathers on their Missions. Each station has a short meditative prayer. You will also see the four Keys (straight ways) to heaven of which the stations of the cross is one of them.

SEE ALSO: THE FIFTEEN (15) PRAYERS OF SAINT BRIDGET OF SWEDEN & 21 PROMISES TO DEVOTEES at http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2017/06/the-fifteen-15-prayers-of-saint-bridget.html

SEE ALSO: HOW TO RECOGNIZE AND PROTECT YOUR DESTINY AND DREAMS at http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2017/05/how-to-recognize-and-protect-your.html

THE 14 STATIONS OF THE CROSS

First Station
Jesus Condemned to Death
O Jesus! so meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trials.

Second Station
Jesus Carries His Cross
My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sins crucified Thee.

Third Station
Our Lord Falls the First Time
O Jesus! by this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin.

Fourth Station
Jesus Meets His Mother
O Jesus! may no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the road of the Cross.

Fifth Station
Simon the Cyrenean Helps Jesus Carry His Cross
Simon unwillingly assisted Thee; may I with patience suffer all for Thee.

Sixth Station
Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
O Jesus! Thou didst imprint Thy sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart.

Seventh Station
The Second Fall of Jesus
By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.

Eighth Station
Jesus Consoles the Women of Jerusalem
My greatest consolation would be to hear Thee say: "Many sins are forgiven thee, because thou hast loved much."

Ninth Station
Jesus Falls the Third Time
O Jesus! when weary upon life's long journey, be Thou my strength and my perseverance.

Tenth Station
Jesus is Stripped of His Garments
My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition.

Eleventh Station
Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
station 11
Thou didst forgive Thy enemies; my God, teach me to forgive injuries and FORGET them.

Twelfth Station
Jesus Dies on the Cross
Thou art dying, my Jesus, but Thy Sacred Heart still throbs with love for Thy sinful children.

Thirteenth Station
Jesus Taken Down from the Cross
Receive me into thy arms, O Sorrowful Mother; and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins.

Fourteenth Station
Jesus Laid in the Sepulchre
When I receive Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place for Thy adorable Body. Amen.

The 4 Keys to Heaven
The four straight keys to heaven which have been confirmed and proven. The include:
Click http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2017/06/the-stations-of-cross-short-way-of.html to see the 21 promises with images of each station of the cross!

(1) (Reply)

1500 Years Bible Found,could This Be The Truth? / Prophet T.b Joshua Receives Highest Paraguays Highest Honor / Smile That Is Simple.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.