Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? (13329 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / What Is Your Church Theme For 2018? / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by chelseamann(m): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
I actually don't have any problem with the church, pastor or any member.
It's just that my heart is no longer in the church, as in, I am just forcing myself to attend it's Sunday services and because of the fact that my heart is not there, I don't enjoy the services unlike before.

Few tips on why I lost interest:
1. The church is too close to my house
2. The environment is quite not presentable
3. It's more of a family church,
4. The way his son( the junior pastor runs the church as if it's his personal business, too authoritative).
Honestly, I totally fell out of love with the church and I wish to change.
So what's the best way to do that without hurting or causing problems??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by chelseamann(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
OAM4J, Lalasticlala pls help by pushing this to the homepage.
I need wider view on this matter.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Righteousness89(m): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Like My Pastor will say

" If your Church cannot Change you, Change your Church"

Once you still feel empty, Especially Spirtually in the Church you attend, Rise up and use your legs to Walk out!

It's only you that can deceive yourself! If you are not Getting the Word that you know that will get you prepared for your Eternity, Rise up and use your legs to Walk out! Eternity is a Personal Race.

If position or office or title in church is what is keeping you and your Spirtual life is nothing neither are you Confident of your Eternity! Rise up and use your leg to Walk out!

The position you hold does not guarantee you Eternal Life. A Personal Relationship with JESUS CHRIST is what guarantees you Eternal Life..

Eternity is a Personal Race! Not a Church Race

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Ladylite: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
chelseamann:
It's just that my heart is no longer in the church, as in, I am just forcing myself to attend it's Sunday services and because of the fact that my heart is not there, I don't enjoy the services unlike before.

4. The way his son( the junior pastor runs the church as if it's his personal business, too authoritative).

Just move on, walk away, you owe no one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Freestainworld(m): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Are you going to the church to satisfy your self or the pastor, or you are their to see the building? you are in the church to worship God, don't be carried away by earthly things.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by pyyxxaro: 12:59am On Jun 07, 2020
Who hear you de talk now go think say u de put better money for offering

Tithe u nor de pay

Abeg carry ur webbed feet de go were u like undecided

17 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 07, 2020
According to apostle chibuzor chinyere of OPM, if your church cannot change you, you change your church shikena!.
You don't need to sign any documents of termination, just change and communicate your action to them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Jestin: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Say farewell to the church and look for any Catholic Church closer to you. Come back to thank me later

31 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Sadteen: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Why do you want to change
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Elove1: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Apply for a change of church form from ur church
Fill the form and summit it to the divisional headquarter.

Remember u must have clear all ur tithe and pledges

Then u re good to go.

27 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by TruthSpeaker: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2020
You owe nobody any explanation. By not showing up at the church, the deal will be done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by oyeb15: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2020
Sit at home,study your bible and pray that God should give you divine understanding.
Moreover, there is no Church or Mosque in heaven. If God can see you when you commit sin in d hidden place of your room,home etc,why won't same God hear you when you pray from there.
Some pastors will be saying bad thing will happen to 'them' if one don't come to Sunday service. All na saka manje
Christianity is one of d many ways to make heaven. God reveals himself to different people in different ways.Our forefathers weren't Christians or Muslims but they have d idea of God and some of them are in heaven.

The Church today is just a social gathering not a worship center. God can be worshiped from anywhere.Poverty and ignorance make Church business trend in Africa.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2020
But you are contradicting yourself.

You said you don't have any problem with the church, the pastor and any of the members.

Yet you list these as the reasons why you wanna leave.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Sadteen: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Just walk away. It's easier than you think

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by paulolee(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2020
seriously u owe nobody any explanation..they maybe small issues if you are a leader in a department in the old church and even if you are, you just have to meet the pastor and tell him you would like to change church and your mind is made up to avoid grudges and sidetalks and thats all...if you aint feeling the vibe and you gat a new church in mind, u can switch whenever you like because you just dnt know what that new church have in store for u, maybe you would start getting open doors and connections as soon as you join them....live ur life my brother and do what would make you happy because all churches are one and life itself is a personal race oo..

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by SolarKing1: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Hmmm... How does this help my Faith to grow?
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Mindlog: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2020
How one goes about such is personal.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

You're leaving with grudge? Ok. But try settle whatever it is within you before moving.

All you need do is simply move undecided. And if they ask, bro why? ( cos they will definitely do) just simply say, you wish to do so for reasons best known to you. But try and reconcile in your heart and don't go telling whoever cares to listen that you left because of your pastor's sons behavior. No! That would mean you are bearing grudges. Just let go.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by labelle123(f): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2020
Jestin:
Say farewell to the church and look for any Catholic Church closer to you. Come back to thank me later
. You head get oil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Lalalash: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2020
There is nothing difficult in changing churuch
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by courage9(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2020
U can start by attending any other church of your choice once in a while, and compare the service, messages, passion of followers etc before moving out finally.
Make your switch a gradual process.....

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by weedfada(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2020
By not giving a F*ck... Give em the Nike signature (just do it). U feel me?!

6 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by GoodBook: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Your reasons for changing a church are not reasonable.

Provided the undiluted truth, the living word, the Bible is preached with power in that church, please remain there. God is not interested in you changing church. God is more interested in you living your life for him and doing his will/word at all times..

You need to read this book. My signature...
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by BackToLife: 9:09am On Jun 07, 2020
What is the use of all these reverse-psychology AntiChrist Topics that this specific evil Mod brings to FP on Sundays?! Sensible people have noticed this lately. There are very sound deeply spiritual Christian writers on NL that their every Sunday write-ups always open people eyes to true Salvation, but looks like Powers that be have warned and enslaved Lalasticlala not to bring them to FP on Sundays anymore. Judgement of God shall soon fall on all those blocking the Light of GOD from reaching souls that urgently need it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by wilsonchilboy(m): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2020
Call de pastor or any elder in the church and tell dem u wanna leave state de reason dat ur spirit is not in the church again dat u wanna try another church after all God is everywhere even in ur closet
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by money121(m): 9:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Ok
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by costandi(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

LOL! With those reasons, you will keep moving from church to church.
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by engrchykae(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2020
It's very simple,walk away
Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by harbeedaymee(f): 9:15am On Jun 07, 2020
chelseamann:

There is no big deal my guy. If you are close to the pastor tell him about your decision. If not, no need. If you are in a department like choir, inform the departmental head. If not simply stop attending. It's the responsibility of the church to be worried about your absence not the other way round

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Lorechino(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2020
Just stop going to church

Who the church even help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by joviegghead: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Which one is best way to change? Just stop attending na. After all you owe no one anything for your decisions.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Since it's a family church, then you likely have access to the pastor(s). Nicely explain to them why you are leaving. And tell them bye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible? / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.