Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife (16124 Views)

EFCC Traces Atiku’s Laundered Money To Obasanjo Library / EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / EFCC Traces N47.2billion, $487.5million To Diezani Alison-madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by dre11(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2017
•Arrests DG for N23m scam

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says it has traced N603m to Mrs Esther Habu, the wife of Mr Josiah Habu, who is the Director of the Bioresources Development Centre in Bayelsa State.

Established in 2003 by the National Biotechnology Development Agency under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, BIODEC is an intervention programme of the Federal Government aimed at developing the natural resources of Nigeria for use in agriculture, health, environment and industry.

BIODEC has about 25 centres across the country.

According to the EFCC, investigations showed that Esther, whose husband is a director at the BIODEC branch in Bayelsa State, was given suspicious contracts even as a total sum of N603, 000,000 was traced to her in different deals involving over 20 directors of BIODEC across the country.

The anti - graft agency said in a statement by its spokesman, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, that about N70m was traced to her husband.

The EFCC also arrested the Director - General of NABDA, Prof Lucy Ogbadu, who oversees all BIODEC branches across the country.

Ogbadu allegedly received N 23m from the slush fund.

The statement read in part, “ Operatives of the EFCC have arrested the serving Director -General of NABDA, Prof Lucy Ogbadu, for her alleged involvement in criminal conspiracy and diversion of public funds to the tune of N 23m.

“Ogbadu was arrested on Wednesday June 28 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, following her alleged link with the Bayelsa State Director of BIODEC, Mr Josiah Habu, who is being investigated by the EFCC in a case of fraudulent diversion of the sum of N75m .

“Investigations by the EFCC showed that Ogbadu allegedly received the sum of N 23m through a bank account belonging to the wife of Habu, Mrs Esther Habu, and admitted same in a voluntary statement made to the EFCC.

“ Further investigations have also shown that Mrs Habu is one of the contractors with BIODEC, Odi, Bayelsa State, and a total sum of N603m has been traced to her in different deals involving over 20 directors of BIODEC across the country. ”

The commission said Ogbadu's link with all the alleged scams was being investigated, adding that she had been duly served with bail conditions while investigations continued.

http://punchng.com/efcc-traces-n603m-to-civil-servants-wife/

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by krasican(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Jesu Christi.....Esther haaaaaa.The one wey dey bible no be behave like dis why na..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Corruption is everywhere.

Name and region checked.

Hasta la vista!

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Lanceslot(m): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2017
Yea same old sh!t. Same reason why Nigeria is where she is today.#Greed

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Evablizin(f): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2017
My Lord
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by free2ryhme: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Only one person

Angel Michael sound this trumpet abeg

17 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Flyingngel(m): 6:52am On Jun 30, 2017
Seriously, the level of corruption in Nigeria is something else. But i think EFCC shld stop all this media trial. Get to work and gather enough evidence before coming online.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by free2ryhme: 6:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Why shld foreign donors continue to fund Nigeria under the name "poor country"?

You wonder why we remain underdeveloped even till christ comes

Una go rot in hell

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by free2ryhme: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Blood of Noah cry

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by free2ryhme: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Between civil Servants, politicians, military and contractors who is the worst devil in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by agbangam: 7:00am On Jun 30, 2017
GEJ siblings, always stealing. Well, wat do I know cos an Otueoke man once said "Stealing is not corruption" cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by greatiyk4u(m): 7:18am On Jun 30, 2017
If not for Buhari, how would we have known all these sham

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by AYOUNG(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2017
Flyingngel:
Seriously, the level of corruption in Nigeria is something else. But i think EFCC shld stop all this media trial. Get to work and gather enough evidence before coming online.
I keep wondering where the so called funds recoverd by our amicable efcc goes to
All we hear from the media is Efcc recovers 30 billion from a former Governor.and yet you will still hear Nigeria is soliciting for funds from China and world Bank...

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Flyingngel(m): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2017
AYOUNG post:
I keep wondering where the so called funds recoverd by our amicable efcc goes to
All we hear from the media is Efcc recovers 30 billion from a former Governor.and yet you will still hear Nigeria is soliciting for funds from China and world Bank...

Bros, i weak seriously; sometimes i wonder if the so call monies are ''ghost''.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by AYOUNG(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2017
Flyingngel:
AYOUNG post:

Bros, i weak seriously; sometimes i wonder if the so call monies are ''ghost''.

Who knows, maybe the funds are truly ghost and get to disappeared to their owners cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2017
Thieves everywhere..

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Untainted007: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2017
EFCC should keep quite jare. Fine the money was traced to her account and she needs to explain to them how she got it. How much more the ones they have traced and seized. What has come out of the funds they recovered before now? It has been RELOOTED by Saraki and Co.
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by mokaflex(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2017
Bayesla state I'm not surprised. Walking in the footsteps of the hero that had no shoes.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Built2last: 8:13am On Jun 30, 2017
Naijaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by samkay3g(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2017
looting season

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by bsideboii(m): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2017
They should be made to refund every single penny and sent to jail with immediate effect.

Truth is a lot of so called government Directors live lavishly you begin to wonder if it was actually their salary that funds it.
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Neldrizzy(m): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2017
Okada wait wait!!! Drop me here make I use ATM
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2017
superstory.... Everytime efcc dat ...efcc this .hw many peeps una don jail ..gerarahia . Efcc my a** . Since the formation of efcc nah arresst them dey do and afta dat the thief go scot freee

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2017
AYOUNG:

That's because Nigeria needs TRILLIONS of naira to meet obligaitons...not billions.

We are not a rich nation. That is why corruption harms us badly.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by nextprince: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2017
Just the wife of ONE civil servant. How much would this ONE civil have kept in his own name? How many of such civil servants existed in that reckless administration?
The reason for recession is still a mystery to fools.
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by Aburi001: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2017
krasican:
Jesu Christi.....Esther haaaaaa.The one wey dey bible no be behave like dis why na..
This is one of the numerous reasons why some niggas want Magu out of their way
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by SexyNairalander: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2017
booked
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by free2ryhme: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
How shall we progress when situations like this is a daily occurrence

Haba
Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by BiggyBamBam: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
An average Nigerian is a THIEF!!!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N603m To Civil Servant’s Wife by policy12: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
Hmmn and some of their family won't have job, won't have meal, won't have access to good water,won't have sound educatio. Nigeria we are just wicked to each other in as much our immediate family is not affected.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Women Leaders Meet In Aso Rock / FG Mulls Shifting Census To May / Photos From PDP NEC Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.