Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 30/6/2017 Unbelief Kills - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 30/6/2017 Unbelief Kills (307 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 30/6/2017 Unbelief Kills by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 30, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
FRIDAY, JUNE 30, 2017
UNBELIEF KILLS
READ 2 KINGS 7:1-19
MEMORISE: For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest,'" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (Hebrews 4:3)

Vast majority of people dread endemic and deadly diseases, mostly because of the fear of death, itself! AIDS is quite real and killing, but unbelief does more harm! Unbelief is the opposite of faith (Heb 11:1). We read about the Israelites’ unbelief in the wilderness, after their exodus. Thousands perished in the wilderness, largely due to their negativity about where God was taking them (Num 14:21-23)
If you don’t believe in God’s grace upon your life, you can hardly succeed in life. This is not about relying on one’s personal ability, but seeing possibility where others are shouting impossibility (Mk 10:27). That one doesn’t believe that something is possible does not actually make the thing impossible. Just that it only looks impossible to the person, relatively.
A Samaritan chief was a victim of this. Elisha had communicated God’s conclusion that the biting scarcity would, within 24 hours, turn to surplus, but the highly rated chief chose to counter God’s voice (v. 2). The Word was fulfilled. The chief witnessed it, but was stampeded to death (v. 19). Unbelief killed him!
Your familiarity with the Word of God must not, in any way, occasion contempt or unbelief, for it kills, spiritually, naturally and eternally. Trust everything God says.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Oh Lord my God, I trust totally in You; help me to keep trusting You.
2. Oh Lord, bring together once again families that have been torn apart by lack of trust.
3. Holy Spirit, visit every unbelieving Christian in our churches with Your convicting power, to fully accept Your Lordship.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Nahum 1 - 3

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Response? / Muslim Groups In Malaysia Want To Boycott Starbucks In Malaysia Over GAY Support / (part 1)36 Ways To Handle Your Spouse When You Are Falsely Suspected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.