Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) (27033 Views)

Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) / Sango-Otta, After Rainfall In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) / Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by bewla(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
MadCow1:

Only God can judge Abians for their perpetual foolishness.
OK nest thing
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by ebakhaiyhe(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
This flood is man made. When we throw all manners of garbage into the drainage, where would the water flow to
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by talkportal: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
Bimpe29:
Eko Aromi Sa Legbe Legbe
this is not correct it is ...
Eko ale omi sa legbe legbe
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by obataokenwa(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Is on prophesy that by 2050, Lagos will be consumed by flood/Ocean surge and it looks like a play. Is better those involved will start building drainage and avert it or else it will come unawares. Those living in Lekki, Ajah, VI should take note.
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Bimpe29: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
talkportal:

this is not correct it is ...

Eko ale omi sa legbe legbe

Come again! Where did you hear this from?
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by africanboy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
if the drains are widened, where will the water flow to?

Keneking:
Ambode sef...

From my perspective, i think the following should be done:

1. Widen the drainage from Pen Cinema to Mobil
2. Wide the drains from Housing Estate to link up with Area G drains.
3. Shut down Mobil fuel station and widen its drains
4. Widen the drains from Odu Eran to link with Agege garage

1 Like

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
adem30:
That one na child play, compare to these Aba sea port

https://www.nairaland.com/3646432/abia-state-commissions-seaport-aba
that road is undergoing serious reconstruction. While ambode is working, the fact remains that the drainage system of many areas(not only in Lagos, but most major naija cities) is inadequate.

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by pokipoki: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode sef...

In addition to comments, people should stop throwing garbage (especially non degradable) on the roads and drains.

3 Likes

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Austinoiz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
We don't see am nah! Oya mek we cry? U never see flood before?

1 Like

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by omogidi234(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode sef...

Good point there.

However, that Mobil filling station is the fundamental problem. It ought to be pulled down, however, there is this rumour that the Mobil belongs to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by abbey621(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Even though government shares majority of the blame, the useless citizens living in such areas are known to clog gutters with waste and other garbage. If we can have proper enforcement of laws, anyone caught throwing paper, nylon etc on the road not to talk of gutters should face a minimum of 3 months in Jail or a fine of 250k Naira, the situation would greatly improve, not only in this areas but places like Mushin, Ipaja and so on.
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by back2sender: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
MadCow1:

Only God can judge Abians for their perpetual foolishness.
No mind them, they cannot hold thier state government accountable
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Abalado:
true or false,,,,?
True oooocheesy
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
Chai

I'm just speechless
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Wolfbrother(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
Get rid of roadside traders, hawkers and foodsellers . Their wares and rubbish clog up the driainage
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Tedassie(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Nature can indeed be so b!tchy.
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by talkportal: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
Bimpe29:

Come again! Where did you hear this from?
I know you didn't know that before, the one you know is wrong
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by debspauly(f): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
O men see flood .....abeg where my swimming suit and life jacket.
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hotshawarma:
flood happens everywhere in the world,even the so called united state of america..google it.......am not an ambode fan but blaming ambode for this is myopic and dumb...
United States of America.
Re: Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos) by Tedassie(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Keneking:
Ambode sef...

Building of canals and underground tunnels which systematically link different adjoining exit points from the metropolis down to the sururban areas such that effectually, rain water is channeled away into the ocean or an artificial dam. Professional Civil engineers simply require the blueprint of the city to have an overview of where and where to make the suitable interconnection of tunnels/canals for outflow.

This is where Construction of Underground Pipe-Jacking System readily comes to mind
http://www.pipejacking.org/about_pipe_jacking
https://www.herrenknecht.com/en/innovation/know-how/pipe-jacking.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tunde Yusuf Orders Detention Of Usman Shugaba After Disregarding COVID-19 Order / 10th NASS Leadership: Ranking Lawmakers, APC NWC To Meet Tinubu / Ondo Herdsmen Quit Notice: "You Are Wrong" - Shehu Sani Tells Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.