Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,079 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) (48241 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) / Pictures: The Current State Of Ariara International Market, Aba / Aba Flooded... People Paying #150 To Be Carried On Back Across The Flood Waters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by EBMedia: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Below is a video of Ariara Market Aba partly engulfed by flood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzRAawMq7GA

What's the solution to the perennial flood problems in Aba?

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by ChinoElects: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Abia state is cursed.

Chef2000 aka okpalaanambra, B2MARIO, africonji, your attention is needed here. Just look at the condition of Aba, the supposedly best place in Abia state.

This is not about Ariaria, but the whole of Aba is filthy and dilapidated.

Truly, Abia state is by far the worst state in Nigeria.

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Drumaboi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
I hope the traders didn't experience any loss

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by mariovito(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Why do basic amenities seem like rocket science in this part? Is it that difficult to construct functional drains and have a good waste management system?

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Mrsheff(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Curse state

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by sniperr007(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Disappointed with the government of the state. This situation has become a recurring problem

13 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by doziec7(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ikpeazu and his government.

12 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by StrikeBack(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ariaria International Slum

81 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Maxxim: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
grin

6 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by johnchima007(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
The issue of flooding has become a perennial problem in the State and it's like no government in the state wants to address this problem. Why always Abia in the South East? The ex-Governors of the State are ready to go to jail after their tenure than serve the people well.. Abia State needs a revolution. And to think the almighty IPOB converner is from the state capital. If you can't liberate your state, how do we entrust you with a region!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by loadedvibes: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol that first commenter tho.. so much hate nawa o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Timoleon(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
That dettol advert says “if I don’t take care of her, who will?”

It cannot be overstated that government has failed Nigerians(and it hasn’t stopped failing Nigerians). I however think the Nigerian people failing themselves is understated..

Agreed there are inadequate drainages in many places, but everyday how a lot of Nigerians continue to polite the environment will astound one.

Flooding may not be entirely avoidable, a clean environment will reduce the effect.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Uyi168: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nawa o

34 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by FabulousAutos2: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Was the phone lens affected by the flood too?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by lyriclekidd(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mad oh, make God help person for this naija.

2 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Shopped there for my TM souvenir a while ago

Such a big potential killed by cursed leaders
Shop owners wearing rain boots to shop

How a multi million dollar .market is not well maintained shocks me

Could not wait to run back to uyo
All Abia leaders since 1999 need to live in prison for life
This is not the same Aba my Mum praised back in the 70s

The rate at which Abia was going with all the companies
Bad leadership killed aba

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Jokerman(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
So since 2014 when i left Aba, the place stop dey like that

6 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by dalass(f): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blame game starting in ........................

grin grin,

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Imagine. First rain. What happens when it's June?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by chii8(f): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Na waooo,when are we going to hold our leaders accountable

3 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by ekems2017(f): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
I don't know why the governor if Abia state is this mean. I can't even point at one development he has brought to that state.

8 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA DONT WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ABA TO A MODERN COMMERCIAL HUB BECAUSE ITS IN THE EAST..

ASSUMING ARIARIA INT'L MARKET WAS IN THE NORTH OR WEST.

ABA IS THE "CHINA" OF NIGERIA.

THE ONLY HUB IN NIGERIA THAT HAVE MANUFACTURERS IN THERE NUMBERS.

GOVERNMENT NEED TO HELP ABA TO GROW BIGGER..

NO WONDER THEY WANT BIAFRA BECAUSE NIGERIA HAS FAILED.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by ORIENTATION101: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ariara international dustbin grin cheesy

36 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Amalekki: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Fake news. This can never ever be anywhere in Ibo land.
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by tosomaju(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
It is high time Nigerians started taking care of our environment. The way people liter the environment calls for national concern. No state is exempted.

The other day I was on a BRT queue at TBS, Lagos and a man dressed on suit threw a plastic bottle of water on the floor despite availability of waste bins at every corner. It hurt me when I see such unpatriotic and unhealthy attitude on display.

I think the overall mentality of Nigerians regarding who is responsible for environmental cleanliness or it importance need to be re-calibrated.

I foresee a country floating on trash in the nearest future if nothing is done.
Nigerians are very religious yet cannot understand the part of the good book that says "cleanliness is next to godliness".

Apart from the indiscriminate dumping of solid waste. The emission of gaseous waste is another pain in the a55. Little wonder the average lifespan of a Nigerian is gradually dropping from the 40s.

I urge well meaning Nigerians who understand the health and other benefits of a clean environment to foster a campaign on clean and healthy environment. Our homes should teach children and schools should make them understand. Churches should preach about the need to be clean physically and not just spiritually.

Tips to have a clean society

Use dustbins. Nobody can deny the fact that most of the garbage gathered on the streets is because of irresponsibly throwing packets on road. Try to use dustbins as much as possible. If you don't get a dustbin nearby, carry it in your hands. I'm sure you won't have to wait for more than five minutes to get a nearby dustbin or some place where you can throw it. Your next task will be asking people to use the dustbins when they are not doing so. Stop that aunty or maid in your locality who throws their garbage on the streets.

Ask your child or other children to keep the society clean. This is the best thing you can do. The reason is that these children are going to be the future of this country. If all parents teach their child that how we can keep our society clean, believe me none other country in this world will be able to compete with Nigeria in the matter of a hygienic society.

Stopping the use of polythene bags. Polythene bags not only cause land pollution, but also chokes various drainage systems. We should promote the use of recyclable paper bags and jute bags for carrying items. Household wastes should not be thrown in poly-bags and use of disposable garbage bags should be promoted.

Plant a sapling. I know it is not possible for everyone to start gardening. But everyone should try to plant a tree at least once in a year. Greenery is the best way to add beauty to our surroundings. Ask your neighbours to plant trees instead of cutting them down.

Go eco-friendly Try to use eco -friendly products as much as possible. Try to celebrate the different festivals in an eco-friendly way i.e. celebrate Christmas with herbal colours and don't use fire crackers.

Save water. Yes, saving water is also important for having a clean society. Our country is facing a lot of problems due to the scarcity of water. We cannot be hygienic without water nor can the society. So, utilise rainwater and try not to waste water as much as possible.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by vicdom(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mrsheff:
Curse state
ChinoElects:
Abia state is cursed.

Chef2000 aka okpalanambra, B2MARIO, your attention is needed here. Just look at the condition of Aba, the supposedly best place in Abia state.

Truly, Abia state is by far the worst state in Nigeria.
sad
You are the one who's cursed. How can you labelled a whole state as cursed because of a few bad political elements. You are mentally deranged, I swear. You need a therapy ASAP.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
only one rain?

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
I'm from Abia state a highly industrious state especially at Aba. But really it's not fair how this state has become a mockery in NIGERIA instead of the FG to support the state govt and invest in it cleaning up the state but rather choose to be a state of mockery especially in nairaland...then we wonder why people like Nnamdi kanu fight for a split in d country.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Afamed: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Fake News.Ariara is an international market. No amount of rain fall can affect our market.
Nnamdi Kanu has developed our market to world class international market before he ran 440 to Amelika.

When you see that Abaribe critising every policy of the federal government , you will think a state where he comes from is a Dubai in SE

The hypocrite Abaribe has nothing to say about his worsening home state. As long as it's controlled by PDP, it's okay by the ticket racketer called Abaribe
LZAA fever come and see 44 wonders

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UAE Designates Six Nigerians As Global Financiers Of Terrorism / Hope Uzodinma Wins Imo APC Primaries, Floors Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu / Edo Election: Excitement Galore At PDP Situation Room In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.