Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping (21410 Views)

Abubakar Umar: How Kidnapper Made N120 Million From Kidnapping In 6 Months / Police Catches 19-year-old Girl, Driver In Imo State For Kidnapping And Robbery / The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Happyfellow147: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
My dear, if this had not happened to someone I know, I would have believed the general manager has a hand. The same trick, the same area, during the weekend too just that they didn't drug this person i know. Using bread to stuff ransom and the rest. It was a terrible experience for the guy and all of us his friends and family.
We reported but the police were reluctant to act.
I weep for my country. Major targets are sales reps and all, asking you to come and supply them your products.
nefertitiram:
Was the ransom pd?

Your general manager set you up. He should be arrested or you set him up too!

Your brother... Pls no vex o. I also suspect him. Why weren't u kidnapped until u told him about the 2m?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by triplec93(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thesurvivor:
June 17th to 21th: The scariest story ever

This story is a real life story. It happened to me. (Names have been changed in this story for security reasons.

My name Is Rex. (Not my real name), I work as a sales person for an alternative energy company. Our office is located at a major industrialised location in Port Harcourt. The money I was earning wasn't much, so I wanted to start a business on the side to supplement my income. I have been making plans to start a side business. I started my present work just 4 months back and I haven't saved enough money to start the side business. But then, I had a joint account with my dad. I haven't been operating this account, but recently, due to my dad's health condition, I was the only one who could operate the account.
So, weeks earlier, I went to the bank to ask for the statement of account. I saw that the account had a little more than 2 million naira in balance. I had then called my eldest brother to ask if I could borrow money from I and my dad's joint account, since he was now the head of the family. He refused me, saying that I should try to build capital from my salary.

Fast forward to June 17th. I left my house for work by 8am or so. We usually worked Saturdays because our target customers are usually available during weekends. That afternoon, I and my colleague were supposed to handle an interview of new junior sales persons that would be in my colleague's branch when she was out marketing.

At about 12 noon that day, I recieved a WhatsApp message from our General Manager from Lagos. He sent me a name and a number to call. He said that the man (one Chief Amadi) needed street lighting done for him. I told him that I'll contact the man. I called the man and introduced myself. After introductions, he started giving me directions on how to meet him. He said he was located near Igurita, Rivers State. Igurita is a 35 to 40 minutes drive from Port Harcourt. I was a little scared, especially since I was going alone, but I have gone marketing alone to other areas besides, I wanted to make the sale so as to meet my monthly target.

So, with my office light on and my small rechargeable lamp plugged in the socket, I locked the office and went to see Cheif Amadi.

I reached Igurita about an hour later and called the man. He said he was sending a driver to pick me up. I waited for another 25 to 30 minutes before the driver arrived. The driver called me and asked where I was. I told him I was standing inside a filing station at the Igurita market junction. I also told him what I was wearing. He insisted that I should cross the road and meet him where he was. I crossed the road, saw him and we entered his car.

As we were going, he picked up a woman, dropped her and later picked up an elderly man and also dropped him. He collected money from them as a taxi driver would. (Later however, I would get to understand that those were prearranged passengers.)

We have been driving for about 20 minutes now, and I started getting suspicious. I asked the driver how much further the place was. He said it was a few more minutes away. I was skeptical, so I called the "chief Amadi". He reassured me that we were on the right track that we were going to do rural electrification for them. On hearing that, my confidence returned. I felt like I have already met my target for the month. We drove for another 10 to 15 minutes and entered Igbo Eche, then drove another 5 minutes or so and entered a place the driver said was Achara. He entered a very long, lonely untared road with thick bushes on either side. We drove on this road for about 1 or 2 minutes, then the car slowed down and stopped.

Five or six men started coming out from the left side of the bush. I immediately sensed that this was a kidnapping and I opened the door and tried to escape, but one of them braced the door. I pushed and ran. I didn't get more than 2 meters before they grabbed me. The held me by my waist, covered and tied my eyes with a clothe, then they pushed and pulled me deep into the forest. As they were shoving me, they told me that someone has already paid for me to be killed. They took me along into the forest and we kept walking for about 2 minutes beating me all the while, then they stopped suddenly. Forced me to sit down and tore my shirt and singlet.

They told me that one Alahaji wanted kidney. That unless I provided 6 million naira between that time (about 2 pm) and 6pm that they would kill me and sell my kidney to the Alahaji. I begged and begged. All fell on deaf ears. They started talking about the Alahaji and another person (Odogwu) and deliberating who among the two would pay higher for the kidney. Before long, I heard them on the phone with Alahaji, I didn't hear what was been said, but I was certain that I was gone.

They asked me to call people I know who could save me. I called my siblings, called my employer and colleagues and told them that I was been held and that they would sell my kidney by 6pm if I didn't provide them with 6 million naira.

After a while, others left taking my ATM card and pin. Two men were left to guard me. They started asking me lots of questions to know who I was. I told them that I was a Jehovah's Witness. They asked me several questions, and I kept my cool in answering even smiling at times. I told them that I could provide them with 2 million naira. I told them that was what I was sure of. I also told them that it was a joint account with my dad. They said that can't collect 2 million when some people could pay as much as 11 million for kidney. I begged and begged for them to collect the 2 million as that was all I had.

They called my eldest brother and I told him about the account and that it had some money in it. He said that he couldn't access the account. That it was on I or my dad that could access the account. And my dad was bedridden. I begged him to get my sick dad to do it no matter how he did it.

I lay in the bush with my bare skin, only wearing my trouser till night came. I knew it was night because of the insect and bird sounds and the cool weather. They stood me up, untied my legs and took me to an uncompleted building. As I was entering, I heard the voice of a northerner. I frooze! So, this was it. I kept praying to Jehovah. I prayed that he save my life and also prayed to him that even if I was to die, let him please remember me in his kingdom.
I said this prayer throughout my Kidnapping, severally, maybe a hundred times or more.

They pushed me forward, and I entered the room. They laid me on the floor. I was afraid as never before. They were discussing in low tones and I didn't get what they were saying. (Their language is a distant variation of Igbo language. Thus I could make out a few words and sentences, but not always) After about an hour, they dragged me up and took me into the forest. I was sure they wanted to kill me now. I started singing our Kingdom Songs (worship songs) and praying. After about 10 minutes of walking, we came to a room. The room had rug on the floor. They lay me down. All of them, about 5 or 6, crowded the room and they slept near the door. That night, I tried untieing the ropes and espaping, but the ropes used to tie my hands and legs were stiff.

Later that night, I heard the cry of a baby. I thought their neighbour must be a family man. I was wrong. The baby cry lasted for about 15 to 20 seconds then stopped. Later that night, I heard the man in that other room reciting incantations and humming ominous sounds. That was when I realised that I was near a ritual ground. My fear intensified.

In the morning (Sunday morning) they took me into the bush. I was still blind folded all this while. I sat on the floor, with my hands and feet tied. Under the rain and sun I sat in the bush throughout this Sunday. I sat there till night fall, then they spread a carton on the floor and I slept on it.

On Monday, they contacted my brother and told him to bring the money putting it inside 2 big loaves of bread. Meanwhile, as I was to learn later, my brother was already in Port Harcourt working with a brother in law and the police on getting me back. Somehow, that Monday, they finished late, and the kidnappers were told that the money was delayed by the bank because the money was a large sum. But the truth was that the police were trying to track the criminals. On that Monday, I received horrible beatings and was made to talk to my people, blaming them for my death. They used machete, tree branches and bear fists to hit me severally. Somehow, I survived Monday. They told me Tuesday was my last day. If nothing happened that by evening, they would kill me.

That Tuesday I made frantic calls as I have never made before. (They place the call and push the phone to my ear, and I was blindfolded all the time). And to make things worse, if I was told to say something on phone and I said something similar but not the exact same words, they'll slap me with machete and tree branches. I thank God the machete didn't tilt in their hands and cut my head.

My brother later called that he was at Ngor Okpala junction (where they had told him to come) with the money. They dispatched some men to go and collect the ransom. I waited for maybe 2 hours, then the men returned with news that they have collected the money. I was worried because I didn't see my brother or hear from him. I was certain that they had collected the money and killed him. Also, the way they were talking in low tones made me more certain of that. I asked them about my brother, their answers weren't corresponding. So I started crying that they've killed my brother.

After crying for about an hour or two, I was thirsty.( The first day, they gave me satchet water. The second day, bread and soft drink. The third day was rice with very little water - one - tenth of a cup.) So, after crying, I was very thirsty. I was certain that after collecting the money, they also wanted to kill me and my brother to sell our organs and maximise their gains. I was certain of this but I was too thirsty to care, so I asked for water. They gave me a drugged water. After taking it, I slept. When I woke up, I was high on I drug. My mind couldn't function properly. I was unable to coordinate. I was numb and unresponsive.

At night, they carried me through a forest onto a waiting bike. They gave orders to the bike man and another man climbed behind me to hold me. I was sure they were taking me to Alahaji finially. After driving for about 20 minutes, the bike man stopped. The man behind pushed me down and asked me to start walking. I started walking not knowing where I was going. They drove away. It was all like a dream. I walked for about 10 minutes in one direction and decided to return in the other direction. The scenery was the same. I was lost in a forest.

I was confused and the drug was very strong on me. In amidst the confusion and drugged feeling, I lay down in the darkness on the road and slept.

I woke up felling clear headed and realised that I was really in a forest and that it was no dream. When I woke up, it was still dark. So I imagined that I had slept that night, through the morning, afternoon and then woken up at night the next day. I started wondering "So, no one passed this road the entire day so as to wake me up? That means this is really a deserted forest." I became really frantic to find a house or any village settlement. I walked in one direction for several minutes and then I smelled something. It was the smell of weed. The same type smoked by my kidnappers. I immediately reversed and started running in the opposite direction. My legs were hurting me really bad, but I kept on.

While walking, I saw a torchlight beaming in the forest. I was told by my kidnappers not to mention that I was kidnapped to strangers, else, the person might kidnapp me again seeing that I'm vulnerable. So, I wanted to avoid seeing anybody in this lonely bush. The torchligh went off and was off for several minutes. When I didn't see the light again, I came out from hidding and started walking fast. I was still walking when a vigilante man shouted "Run and I shoot!". I stopped, raised my hands and walked towards him. He started calling out to other vigilante men. They all started coming out from the bush, about 5 or 6 of them. They started shouting that I was a theif and murderer and that they were going to kill me. They started flogging me with their machetes all over my head and body.

I was trying to calm them down and tell them that I am a salesman and that I was kidnapped. They wouldn't listen and continued beating me. They later asked me to provide a number for them to confirm. I called my elder brother's number. It rang twice, but he wasn't picking. They asked me to sit on the floor. I did. They now saw the deep cuts in my ankles as a result of being tied up for 3 days with wire. They then started to believe that I was kidnapped. They started asking me how it happened. I told them everything. They took me to their lodge, and gave me water to bath. They later told me that it was early in the morning (around 3 am) and not evening as had earlier presumed.

In the morning, they gave me food to eat and contacted my family who in turn called the Police. The Police, SARS and Anti-Kidnapping Unit came at about 9 or 10 am. After documenting and videoing me way I was, and asking me they took me with them to their office in Port Harcourt for debriefing.

All Thanks To Almighty God, - @@/.

THE END

All thanks to Jah my brother, a young sister in a close congregation passed through that ordeal while returning from work, she was released the next day, i would suggest you follow up the matter if u choose to, cautiously and discreetly, many brothers i know have almost being kidnapped in that Iguruta junction while carrying out their businesses. Jah's blessings bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Tigris007: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hmm
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by triplec93(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
bloody yellowbar liars trying to paint Igbo's black.... how is Biafra their problem when they have badoo skull smashers and skull miners roaming hopelessly in every nook and cranny of Western region, Op u are a liar, first and foremost Jehovah witness don't pray, So when did u learn how to pray secondly u run joint account with your father, please how come do u have ATM since the acc is joint, even if u are holding the ATM on the joint Acc, according to your post, u said u begged ur either blood to allow u borrow some money to open road side business, since u have ATM for the same account why not borrow the money without going to him liar from Ngokpura junction to where they kidnap u is very far, u forgot to tell us where the vigilante group found you... in my conclusion Nairaland is full of tribalism and self centred , AWO is the cause and father of tribalism and bigotry in Nigeria, what will u gain in rubbishing other peoples tribe while yours is on fire I don't believe this shit , give us evidence that u where really kidnap... rented village cyber warrior... ur post is full of bias... I'm out of here b4 skull Miners descend on me
You are just not ignorant but foolish as well, if you reside in ph you would undeniably affirm that Iguruta jxt and igbo iche are notorious for kidnapping and crime. May be as i earlier said, you are ignorant, who told you jw don't pray!. Ignoramus!.

4 Likes

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Flets: 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's people like the OPs boss and Mr. Amadi that you should direct your frustrations to, they are the hateful, angry, wicked and desperate folks, not Nigeria. Remember Nigeria is a country, it's some Nigerians like you and I that tarnish her image

Typical Nigerian with their typical ostrich play. The Nigerian environment has made the average soul mean and there is a widespread absence of love across all social strata............ Yourself inclusive (evidenced by the frustration in your response tone)

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Totfulguy: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thesurvivor:

This story is a real life story. It happened to me. (Names have been changed in this story for security reasons.

My name Is Rex. (Not my real name), I work as a sales person for an alternative energy company. Our office is located at a major industrialised location in Port Harcourt. The money I was earning wasn't much, so I wanted to start a business on the side to supplement my income. I have been making plans to start a side business. I started my present work just 4 months back and I haven't saved enough money to start the side business. But then, I had a joint account with my dad. I haven't been operating this account, but recently, due to my dad's health condition, I was the only one who could operate the account.
So, weeks earlier, I went to the bank to ask for the statement of account. I saw that the account had a little more than 2 million naira in balance. I had then called my eldest brother to ask if I could borrow money from I and my dad's joint account, since he was now the head of the family. He refused me, saying that I should try to build capital from my salary.

Fast forward to June 17th. I left my house for work by 8am or so. We usually worked Saturdays because our target customers are usually available during weekends. That afternoon, I and my colleague were supposed to handle an interview of new junior sales persons that would be in my colleague's branch when she was out marketing.

At about 12 noon that day, I recieved a WhatsApp message from our General Manager from Lagos. He sent me a name and a number to call. He said that the man (one Chief Amadi) needed street lighting done for him. I told him that I'll contact the man. I called the man and introduced myself. After introductions, he started giving me directions on how to meet him. He said he was located near Igurita, Rivers State. Igurita is a 35 to 40 minutes drive from Port Harcourt. I was a little scared, especially since I was going alone, but I have gone marketing alone to other areas besides, I wanted to make the sale so as to meet my monthly target.

So, with my office light on and my small rechargeable lamp plugged in the socket, I locked the office and went to see Cheif Amadi.

I reached Igurita about an hour later and called the man. He said he was sending a driver to pick me up. I waited for another 25 to 30 minutes before the driver arrived. The driver called me and asked where I was. I told him I was standing inside a filing station at the Igurita market junction. I also told him what I was wearing. He insisted that I should cross the road and meet him where he was. I crossed the road, saw him and we entered his car.

As we were going, he picked up a woman, dropped her and later picked up an elderly man and also dropped him. He collected money from them as a taxi driver would. (Later however, I would get to understand that those were prearranged passengers.)

We have been driving for about 20 minutes now, and I started getting suspicious. I asked the driver how much further the place was. He said it was a few more minutes away. I was skeptical, so I called the "chief Amadi". He reassured me that we were on the right track that we were going to do rural electrification for them. On hearing that, my confidence returned. I felt like I have already met my target for the month. We drove for another 10 to 15 minutes and entered Igbo Eche, then drove another 5 minutes or so and entered a place the driver said was Achara. He entered a very long, lonely untared road with thick bushes on either side. We drove on this road for about 1 or 2 minutes, then the car slowed down and stopped.

Five or six men started coming out from the left side of the bush. I immediately sensed that this was a kidnapping and I opened the door and tried to escape, but one of them braced the door. I pushed and ran. I didn't get more than 2 meters before they grabbed me. The held me by my waist, covered and tied my eyes with a clothe, then they pushed and pulled me deep into the forest. As they were shoving me, they told me that someone has already paid for me to be killed. They took me along into the forest and we kept walking for about 2 minutes beating me all the while, then they stopped suddenly. Forced me to sit down and tore my shirt and singlet.

They told me that one Alahaji wanted kidney. That unless I provided 6 million naira between that time (about 2 pm) and 6pm that they would kill me and sell my kidney to the Alahaji. I begged and begged. All fell on deaf ears. They started talking about the Alahaji and another person (Odogwu) and deliberating who among the two would pay higher for the kidney. Before long, I heard them on the phone with Alahaji, I didn't hear what was been said, but I was certain that I was gone.

They asked me to call people I know who could save me. I called my siblings, called my employer and colleagues and told them that I was been held and that they would sell my kidney by 6pm if I didn't provide them with 6 million naira.

After a while, others left taking my ATM card and pin. Two men were left to guard me. They started asking me lots of questions to know who I was. I told them that I was a Jehovah's Witness. They asked me several questions, and I kept my cool in answering even smiling at times. I told them that I could provide them with 2 million naira. I told them that was what I was sure of. I also told them that it was a joint account with my dad. They said that can't collect 2 million when some people could pay as much as 11 million for kidney. I begged and begged for them to collect the 2 million as that was all I had.

They called my eldest brother and I told him about the account and that it had some money in it. He said that he couldn't access the account. That it was on I or my dad that could access the account. And my dad was bedridden. I begged him to get my sick dad to do it no matter how he did it.

I lay in the bush with my bare skin, only wearing my trouser till night came. I knew it was night because of the insect and bird sounds and the cool weather. They stood me up, untied my legs and took me to an uncompleted building. As I was entering, I heard the voice of a northerner. I frooze! So, this was it. I kept praying to Jehovah. I prayed that he save my life and also prayed to him that even if I was to die, let him please remember me in his kingdom.
I said this prayer throughout my Kidnapping, severally, maybe a hundred times or more.

They pushed me forward, and I entered the room. They laid me on the floor. I was afraid as never before. They were discussing in low tones and I didn't get what they were saying. (Their language is a distant variation of Igbo language. Thus I could make out a few words and sentences, but not always) After about an hour, they dragged me up and took me into the forest. I was sure they wanted to kill me now. I started singing our Kingdom Songs (worship songs) and praying. After about 10 minutes of walking, we came to a room. The room had rug on the floor. They lay me down. All of them, about 5 or 6, crowded the room and they slept near the door. That night, I tried untieing the ropes and espaping, but the ropes used to tie my hands and legs were stiff.

Later that night, I heard the cry of a baby. I thought their neighbour must be a family man. I was wrong. The baby cry lasted for about 15 to 20 seconds then stopped. Later that night, I heard the man in that other room reciting incantations and humming ominous sounds. That was when I realised that I was near a ritual ground. My fear intensified.

In the morning (Sunday morning) they took me into the bush. I was still blind folded all this while. I sat on the floor, with my hands and feet tied. Under the rain and sun I sat in the bush throughout this Sunday. I sat there till night fall, then they spread a carton on the floor and I slept on it.

On Monday, they contacted my brother and told him to bring the money putting it inside 2 big loaves of bread. Meanwhile, as I was to learn later, my brother was already in Port Harcourt working with a brother in law and the police on getting me back. Somehow, that Monday, they finished late, and the kidnappers were told that the money was delayed by the bank because the money was a large sum. But the truth was that the police were trying to track the criminals. On that Monday, I received horrible beatings and was made to talk to my people, blaming them for my death. They used machete, tree branches and bear fists to hit me severally. Somehow, I survived Monday. They told me Tuesday was my last day. If nothing happened that by evening, they would kill me.

That Tuesday I made frantic calls as I have never made before. (They place the call and push the phone to my ear, and I was blindfolded all the time). And to make things worse, if I was told to say something on phone and I said something similar but not the exact same words, they'll slap me with machete and tree branches. I thank God the machete didn't tilt in their hands and cut my head.

My brother later called that he was at Ngor Okpala junction (where they had told him to come) with the money. They dispatched some men to go and collect the ransom. I waited for maybe 2 hours, then the men returned with news that they have collected the money. I was worried because I didn't see my brother or hear from him. I was certain that they had collected the money and killed him. Also, the way they were talking in low tones made me more certain of that. I asked them about my brother, their answers weren't corresponding. So I started crying that they've killed my brother.

After crying for about an hour or two, I was thirsty.( The first day, they gave me satchet water. The second day, bread and soft drink. The third day was rice with very little water - one - tenth of a cup.) So, after crying, I was very thirsty. I was certain that after collecting the money, they also wanted to kill me and my brother to sell our organs and maximise their gains. I was certain of this but I was too thirsty to care, so I asked for water. They gave me a drugged water. After taking it, I slept. When I woke up, I was high on I drug. My mind couldn't function properly. I was unable to coordinate. I was numb and unresponsive.

At night, they carried me through a forest onto a waiting bike. They gave orders to the bike man and another man climbed behind me to hold me. I was sure they were taking me to Alahaji finially. After driving for about 20 minutes, the bike man stopped. The man behind pushed me down and asked me to start walking. I started walking not knowing where I was going. They drove away. It was all like a dream. I walked for about 10 minutes in one direction and decided to return in the other direction. The scenery was the same. I was lost in a forest.

I was confused and the drug was very strong on me. In amidst the confusion and drugged feeling, I lay down in the darkness on the road and slept.

I woke up felling clear headed and realised that I was really in a forest and that it was no dream. When I woke up, it was still dark. So I imagined that I had slept that night, through the morning, afternoon and then woken up at night the next day. I started wondering "So, no one passed this road the entire day so as to wake me up? That means this is really a deserted forest." I became really frantic to find a house or any village settlement. I walked in one direction for several minutes and then I smelled something. It was the smell of weed. The same type smoked by my kidnappers. I immediately reversed and started running in the opposite direction. My legs were hurting me really bad, but I kept on.

While walking, I saw a torchlight beaming in the forest. I was told by my kidnappers not to mention that I was kidnapped to strangers, else, the person might kidnapp me again seeing that I'm vulnerable. So, I wanted to avoid seeing anybody in this lonely bush. The torchligh went off and was off for several minutes. When I didn't see the light again, I came out from hidding and started walking fast. I was still walking when a vigilante man shouted "Run and I shoot!". I stopped, raised my hands and walked towards him. He started calling out to other vigilante men. They all started coming out from the bush, about 5 or 6 of them. They started shouting that I was a theif and murderer and that they were going to kill me. They started flogging me with their machetes all over my head and body.

I was trying to calm them down and tell them that I am a salesman and that I was kidnapped. They wouldn't listen and continued beating me. They later asked me to provide a number for them to confirm. I called my elder brother's number. It rang twice, but he wasn't picking. They asked me to sit on the floor. I did. They now saw the deep cuts in my ankles as a result of being tied up for 3 days with wire. They then started to believe that I was kidnapped. They started asking me how it happened. I told them everything. They took me to their lodge, and gave me water to bath. They later told me that it was early in the morning (around 3 am) and not evening as had earlier presumed.

In the morning, they gave me food to eat and contacted my family who in turn called the Police. The Police, SARS and Anti-Kidnapping Unit came at about 9 or 10 am. After documenting and videoing me the way I was, and asking me some questions, they took me with them to their office in Port Harcourt for debriefing.

All Thanks To Almighty God, Jehovah.

THE END

May Jehovah's name be praised. Sorry about your experience.

2 Likes

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

You want the people of Rivers state to match into igwruta forest, a swampy marsh land in search of kidnappers that even the Nigerian police are afraid of?

This is a case of organised kidnapping not a gang of community sponsored ritualists [/b]walking moving from house to house smashing people's heads at night. The best the people can do in this case is to provide relevant information to the security agencies which they have always done. [b]The problem is the police are grossly incompetent.
Yes, I want them. The kidnappers/ killers are organised, the people can checkmate with their information. The people can take it upon themselves to help themselves but everyman na "big man" for rivers. I don't support juju or whatever but we see these people ready to fight with all they have. In the west you hear OPC and east at sometime bakassi. Thank God you are admitting igruta is known for this criminal act. it's over a 2 years since a victim I know escaped, yet nothing is being done. The sponsors of these guys live amongst you people which some of you know.
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
Benita27:
Ooh please, shut it. PH residents know what?. Do you reside in PH?. Why don't you put the same energy you use to analyse PH matters in that of Lagos State?.

You stink of stupidity but you don't know.
you actually think everyone reasons or comes to conclusion the way you will do. I lived in PH for more than 12 years.
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Thesurvivor: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thanks to all NLs for your sympathy. I forgot to mention that after the debriefing, I asked my immediate elder brother about my eldest brother who had dropped the ransom and he assured me that he was safe at home.

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by 9japrof(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sorry about your loss, your pain and ordeal in the hands of these men of the underworld. Our greatest thanks should go to Jehovah who made it possible that you survived this ordeal. I have heard experiences of those who even after ransom is paid are been killed for whatever reasons.

My advice would be to avoid retribution and unnecessary suspicion, it could be even make matters worse, it could make you gather enemies who could be innocent. Please leave matter in Jehovah's hands, report to appropriate security agencies, and stay on your lane and be grateful to Jah that you are alive.

Mehn south is frightening, northern Nigeria is relatively safe compared to most states in the south. The crime rate is just alarming

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by triplec93(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
amadioha piawakwa gi akpa amu gi .... from igboiche to ngokpuara what is the distance tell the clown to complete the story or all this curses will be on his family head b4 downfall ewu awusa
Stop being hay wired 'ezei wa reme rehu' i personally know more than 3 persons that escaped being kidnapped in that same area and under similar circumstances, don't allow hate to over cloud ur power of reasoning if u have any, this is a dilemma faced by many people, do not pretend it doesn't happen, we all owners of the land would be all affected in one way or another. Abeg get sense.

3 Likes

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by eyinjuege: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Na wah o.
This kidnapping thing is getting too much. It's being ongoing for a long time now.

About 10 years ago, a friend's sister was kidnapped a few days to her traditional wedding in the village. That was just about 2 days of arriving in the village.The mum was a widow, but she had successful brothers. They asked for a crazy sum of money , and expected it despite it being a weekend. They said since one of her brothers was a bank manager, he should be able to organise the money from the bank.
She was saved by the police and her brothers when they went to drop the ransom in the bush.
The kidnap was organised by a close relative.
She's never gone back to the village since then

3 Likes

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
triplec93:
Stop being hay wired 'ezei wa reme rehu' i personally know more than 3 persons that escaped being kidnapped in that same area and under similar circumstances, don't allow hate to over cloud ur power of reasoning if u have any, this is a dilemma faced by many people, do not pretend it doesn't happen, we all owners of the land would be all affected in one way or another. Abeg get sense.
which stupid dialect be so one of these ppl we go chase inside Bonni river grin cheesy grin
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
majekdom2:
Yes, I want them. The kidnappers/ killers are organised, the people can checkmate with their information. The people can take it upon themselves to help themselves but everyman na "big man" for rivers. I don't support juju or whatever but we see these people ready to fight with all they have. In the west you hear OPC and east at sometime bakassi. Thank God you are admitting igruta is known for this criminal act. it's over a 2 years since a victim I know escaped, yet nothing is being done. The sponsors of these guys live amongst you people which some of you know.

I understand your point. No one is happy about the the crime rate in igwruta. But honestly, there is very little the people can do about it except the host villages who know their forests better and can easily monitor strange movts. Nobody likes crime. The problem with Rivers State is the no of settlers far out weigh the indeginous population (in most areas in and around PH) who control the politics. And most people non indigenes just have this mentality of it's not my state...let me just make my Money and go while the indigenes just after extolling Money from industries and selling land/rents.
But I still think it's down to the administrations unseriousness that the matter hasn't been handled. In 2007, during the militancy clashes, the Y'ardua admin came down hard on cult gangs. But this time, we don't even feel like we have a govt

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by eyinjuege: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Slikbae:
My dad was kidnapped too. It was a horrible incident but thank God he's alive and healthy today.

This kidnap thing is a million times more rampant than we think. It's widespread.
Most victims just pay up and everyone stays hush/quiet about it.
I think the lawmakers should take a stand on this. They deserve the death penalty to be honest.

Modified:-
I'm surprised this has suddenly turned to a tribal thread. There's no area in the South of Nigeria (east and west) that kidnapping is not becoming rampant. Some areas started earlier than others, but its gaining ground.
Anyone can be a victim, so we should all speak against it.
I don't know how our law enforcement can be helped to do a better job in fighting crime. I just tire for Naija and it's problems

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Sarang(f): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
I thank Jehovah for your life brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by triplec93(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
which stupid dialect be so one of these ppl we go chase inside Bonni river grin cheesy grin
I understand ur lang but u don't understand mine, that shows i'm not ur equal,bro ur heart is ugly as well as ur person, may Jah forgive you and never allow you pass through such ordeal, only if you are not one of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Thesurvivor: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
bloody yellowbar liars trying to paint Igbo's black.... how is Biafra their problem when they have badoo skull smashers and skull miners roaming hopelessly in every nook and cranny of Western region, Op u are a liar, first and foremost Jehovah witness don't pray, So when did u learn how to pray secondly u run joint account with your father, please how come do u have ATM since the acc is joint, even if u are holding the ATM on the joint Acc, according to your post, u said u begged ur elder brother to give u Green light so u borrow some money from an Acc which u jointly owned with ur father so u will open road side business, since u have ATM with u and u acknowledged u are the owner, does it mean u have another acc outside the one u jointly own with ur bedridden Father ? if no , why not the borrow the money without ur brother from Ngokpura junction to where they kidnap u is very far, u forgot to tell us where the vigilante group found you... in my conclusion Nairaland is full of tribalism and self centred , AWO is the cause and father of tribalism and bigotry in Nigeria, what will u gain in rubbishing other peoples tribe while yours is on fire I don't believe this shit , give us evidence that u were really kidnap... rented village cyber warrior... ur post is full of bias, if all rubbish u post here were just for mockery and to gain traffic on ur post, ur dad will be bedridden that u won't even have Penny in ur life to save his miserable life, u will remain a slave to others, I placed this curse on you from chukwu okike abiama if all this are false it will come to pass, but if it is true may the kidnappers never go unpunished, u have not tell us the end of ur story by moonlight or should we wait for season 2 .. I'm out of here b4 skull Miners descend on me

I think you are a lunatic.
1) Jehovah's witnesses pray- regularly.
2) I had a personal account separate for the joint account (did you even read where it says I'm employed?)
3) Finally, you will surely lead a miserable life - not my dad - unless you change your wicked ways.

Please, don't mind this wicked soul my good people.

3 Likes

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
triplec93:
I understand ur lang but u don't understand mine, that shows i'm not ur equal,bro ur heart is ugly as well as ur person, may Jah forgive you and never allow you pass through such ordeal, only if you are not one of them.
how do u want me to understand Cameroonian dialect Abeg no room for Cameroonian in our republic
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by triplec93(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
how do u want me to understand Cameroonian dialect Abeg no room for Cameroonian in our republic
Abeg ur mumu don do, u need to take ur evening routine drugs, i am not only a niger deltan but also a south southerner, i no know blw me and u who go pursue each other frm rivers state, I'll put you in my prayers, u nid it. Bye, you don't deserve my interactions ur iq is too low, d best i could do is to put you in my prayers because u go soon pick komkom.
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by mytym(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
joeprince23:
igwuruta is a major suburb of PH just along the airport road to omagwa,i guese you new in PH. i can imagine how u felt then cause that igbo-etche side na thick forest very lonely and scary... thank GOD u are safe now

@op i am a son of the soil,contact me asap if u need any

I love your signature. So true...
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by chinybelle(f): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
SalesRep
Once you hear Igurita
Forget that your target
Your life is better

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
triplec93:
Abeg ur mumu don do, u need to take ur evening routine drugs, i am not only a niger deltan but also a south southerner, i no know blw me and u who go pursue each other frm rivers state, I'll put you in my prayers, u nid it. Bye, you don't deserve my interactions ur iq is too low, d best i could do is to put you in my prayers because u go soon pick komkom.
bye bye Cameroonian as u embark on a journey to your ancestral home, because our brothers will be returning home on 1st Oct to possess their possession, we need the space alone grin grin grin
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by AngelicBeing: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
Flets:

Typical Nigerian with their typical ostrich play. The Nigerian environment has made the average soul mean and there is a widespread absence of love across all social strata............ Yourself inclusive (evidenced by the frustration in your response tone)
You are correct, go to travel section and see what she post their, she is well known for posting nonsense sad
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
Happyfellow147:
My dear, if this had not happened to someone I know, I would have believed the general manager has a hand. The same trick, the same area, during the weekend too just that they didn't drug this person i know. Using bread to stuff ransom and the rest. It was a terrible experience for the guy and all of us his friends and family.
We reported but the police were reluctant to act.
I weep for my country. Major targets are sales reps and all, asking you to come and supply them your products.
abeg make we apply common sense here, who will kidnap counterfeit that slave for peanut's
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by freshvine(f): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
DieBuhari:
field day with you?

Naughty mind angry
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by lonelydora: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thesurvivor:

In the morning, they gave me food to eat and contacted my family who in turn called the Police. The Police, SARS and Anti-Kidnapping Unit came at about 9 or 10 am. After documenting and videoing me the way I was, and asking me some questions, they took me with them to their office in Port Harcourt for debriefing.

All Thanks To Almighty God, Jehovah.

THE END

Thank God for your life. I have made a rule never to enter any taxi to anywhere except Aba Road, PH. These days I enter only bus, no matter how long it takes to get filled.

Why did your Boss from Lagos inform you without due knowledge of whom Chief Amadi was?

1 Like

Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by Eagleword14(f): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thank God for ur life. ..may afflictions never rise for the second time.
Re: June 17th To 21th: The Incredible Story Of How I Survived Kidnapping by lonelydora: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
MadCow1:
Bro you just lived one of my biggest fears.

Anything wey carry me enter Igwuruta in Port Harcourt na winch. There are certain areas you just don't enter or visit or live in.

Like seriously Bro, I am happy you survived. But this is the reality of Wike's Rivers State. The Man has paid no attention to Security in the State and is still busy dickriding Amaechi.

Anyways the Police knows that their investigations will start from Chief Amadi (whoever that fucker was).

Igwuruta, Igbo Etche, and Ebubu Eleme are hot zones in Rivers state. I don't enter taxi around these areas again. Only keke and bus.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Two For Visa Scam And Forgery (Pictured) / Ten Tips To Avoid Being Shot Or Brutalized By Police In Nigeria / Serial Thief Pretending To Be Deaf And Dumb Arrested In Lagos. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.