Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

10 Years A Nairalander - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Years A Nairalander (924 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Father Recreates Photo With Daughters After 10 Years (photos) / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2017
It sure doesn't feel like 10 years, does it?
It all began out of a quest to escape the monotony that had come to be associated with undergraduate days. shocked undecided
Lemme just give a quick synopsis abi wetin dem dey call am sef?

Back then, NL still pretty young was a family affair. Oga Seun used to relate with us in the comments. We didnt need to call oga lala or have the MoD's hotline before a topic arrived at the promised land. grin

Front page had lots of educative threads and ofcus, the comments were thrilling and was my constant source of amusement whenever I had a rather drab day.

Romanceland was IT, we discussed issues as good friends, no kiss&tell, no slut shaming. Ladies were free in the comments, guys weren't bullies angry .
Do I need to talk about Religion section? I mean , we were brothers back then. That's all I can offer for that.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 30, 2017
Politics section was so much fun with matured jibes. We were actually one-Nigeria. Nothing like Afonja or IPOB, neither Igbos, potopoto or Brown Roof republic grin

There were no zombies or wailers, Mynd44's contemporary didn't have the headache of blocking or reportedly banning folks. I sparingly visited other sections sha though was a non-commenting FamilyLander. (Wetin I know wey I wan advice , unlike kiddos who would be trying to advice MEN and in the process turn it into a banter fest grin.

Today, NL is more dynamic and has changed with the times which is a good thing actually . Looking back , its apparent that another generation has taken over. As a forefather, I have been respecting myself and limiting my activities to the Health section cos I know you can't come and beat me there, lol.
But where are my contemporaries sef ? Have they morphed into fresher skins (monikers) or they have taken the humble option to deactivate or altogether watch from the grandstands?

Last last, weldone to Seun , Lalasticlala and the MoDs who have put NL ahead in blogosphere.
cc sisisioge (NL Grandma grin), McKrens, Romeo, Desgiezd, Toshmann, Omoge, Vowiski, Playmate, Uzzyan and the rest of the ancestors.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by ExpensiveG: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2017
Op e no easy.... 10years no be beans, even though na beans e dey tey to done..

*As world dey rotate, na so things dey change. 10people play for sand, if you come back after 10years you won't meet all of them der.

***Oga SeUN give dis guy COLD BOBO JUICE to drink for dis award... # standing ovation gringrin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by dlondonbadboy: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Congrats.
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Congrats.
Thank man, coman chop rice grin
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2017
ExpensiveG:
Op e no easy.... 10years no be beans, even though na beans e dey tey to done..

*As world dey rotate, na so things dey change. 10people play for sand, if you come back after 10years you won't meet all of them der.

***Oga SeUN give dis guy COLD BOBO JUICE to drink for dis award... # standing ovation gringrin
Heheheh bobo na for those days ooo, now men dey drink cold beer , heheheh

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Benjom(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
Congrats... @olrotimi

I can't believe I've clocked 10 years 6 months here too. How time flies. Let me not go into details for now. I'll open a special thread on m@y escapades soon.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Haha Senior Man @Benjom, escapades kwa! Issorai, be looking forward to it

1 Like

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by sisisioge: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
olrotimi:
Politics section was so much fun with matured jibes. We were actually one-Nigeria. Nothing like Afonja or IPOB, neither Igbos, potopoto or Brown Roof republic grin

There were no zombies or wailers, Mynd44's contemporary didn't have the headache of blocking or reportedly banning folks. I sparingly visited other sections sha though was a non-commenting FamilyLander. (Wetin I know wey I wan advice , unlike kiddos who would be trying to advice MEN and in the process turn it into a banter fest grin.

Today, NL is more dynamic and has changed with the times which is a good thing actually . Looking back , its apparent that another generation has taken over. As a forefather, I have been respecting myself and limiting my activities to the Health section cos I know you can't come and beat me there, lol.
But where are my contemporaries sef ? Have they morphed into fresher skins (monikers) or they have taken the humble option to deactivate or altogether watch from the grandstands?

Last last, weldone to Seun , Lalasticlala and the MoDs who have put NL ahead in blogosphere.

Haaaa! Me grandma? I don suvfa o grin
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
sisisioge:

Haaaa! Me grandma? I don suvfa o grin
Yes na, na you open nairaland for us. Heheheh and ur ageing like fine wine
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by sisisioge: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
olrotimi:

Yes na, na you open nairaland for us. Heheheh and ur ageing like fine wine

Haaa.. You must have me confused with someone else. I only joined yesterday though I remember the good old days with pleasure grin

Tuale baba...I dey courtesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
OP, congrats. From the experiences of old time forum members like you, I've learned one thing, nairaland was more sane than it is now.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
Pidgin2:
OP, congrats. From the experiences of old time forum members like you, I've learned one thing, nairaland was more sane than it is now.
Yeah thanks dear, it really was.
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by patholaw: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
How time flies... Though am not up 10 years here but close to. I remember great nairalanders though most of them have deactivated cause i don't see them post anymore... Just a few of the oldies like Honsule from phone section, i think siena from car section also deactivated... So many of them i can't mention.
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by schumastic(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
how time flies, it's really been 10 years ...i was more of a guest back then before i decided to join.
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
patholaw:
How time flies... Though am not up 10 years here but close to. I remember great nairalanders though most of them have deactivated cause i don't see them post anymore... Just a few of the oldies like Honsule from phone section, i think siena from car section also deactivated... So many of them i can't mention.
Yeah, many who joined as undergrads have gotten jobs and have more pressing distractions like attending to family needs.
I have been tempted severally to deactivate, maybe I actually would do that soon grin
Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by toshmann(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
olrotimi:

We had real debates then. We even went to foreign affairs and had cerebral debates.
Now we have wailers and hailers, name calling is everything. But its not nairaland alone. It's a global trend. Millennials have no desire for deep thinking or patience. Their agemates in america are doing the same. Though a bot more civilized with the name calling. Here it's liberals vs neocons, real americans vs immigrant/aliens, us vs them etc but the bottom line is the same, people don't think. That's why an undocumented immigrant went and voted for trump, only to realize his error when immigration officials showed up at his door.

Anyways, life goes on. Who am I?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Fkforyou(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
I'm sorry we had to ruin the fun memories you have of Nairaland... grin

Blame it on Techno for producing cheap phones we could afford by saving our pocket money and MTN for dashing us 10MB each time we loaded #100 and also on 2go for becoming boring. we just had to port to another platform( Nairaland ,Naijapals, Eskimi...E.t.c)and we brought our madness along with it. cheesy

Hmm..Like play, it's almost 6 years since I officially joined nairaland now..o

1 Like

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by joyAA(f): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
Oh my!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Those were the good Ol days...

I m not up to ten Years on the forum tho, BT I'm close, n boy o boy, its been a roll

Here's to ten more scrumptious years!!!! Hear hear!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Years A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2017
10 years and you've only spent 1 month and 4 days? i would've expected more considering the # of years but it's a good thing b/c you haven't spent your life online cheesy. congrats on your 10-yr anniversary on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

After 8yrs, Am Meeting My In Laws To Be / Friends Wanted / Please Who Can Help Interprete This Dream Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.