Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? (53678 Views)

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by adanny01(m): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They're telling the truth. Most universities wouldn't accept nothing less than 3.0

Lies.

Even third class can do Masters directly with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.

Some departments puts its limits higher but thats the minimum standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by opeaceo: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
adanny01:

Lies.

Even third class can do Masters directly with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.

True that! With the way he was arguing with others, you'll think he's stating facts.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
adanny01:

Lies.

I said most universities I didn't say all universities neither did I specify the University. Nnamdi Azikwe university, University of Nigeria Nsukka ,Delta State University for example wouldn't accept nothing less than 3.0 for m.sc. don't be deceived because am in the system
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by nelsont1: 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
No you can go for masters indirectly not directly.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by toprealman: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
beamtopola:

This is third class in NDU
First class 4.5-5.0
Second class 3.5-4.49
Second class lower 2.5-3.49
Third class 1.5-2.49
Pass 1-1.49.

So op u b this class product not second class.
Does it matter? OP was given a 2nd class by the school leadership.... anyone not happy can go jump to into the LAGOS lagoon!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by oyakhilomeh(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:
Can a 2.40 second class lower graduate go for masters direct?
Yes you can
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by cy4cent(f): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:

Study in philippines.

Low tuition and cost of living
Easy visa processing
All courses are offered
Medium of instruction is English
No jamb for admission.
No strike
Standard and modern infrastructure
1 year premedical course

Requirements for admission
Waec or neco, including international passport data page
For master program, transcript of previous record, and certificate of graduation. Including intl passport data page.

You will be admitted directly to a masters program.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by folamsimper: 1:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:

Do not accept every opinion expressed here please. I read someone suggested PGDE for you. Never mind such a suggestion at all because of scarce financial resources. My experience was that some of my colleagues whom we did Bachelor's together who performed poorly and still managed to have 2'2 never had problems seeking admissions for Postgraduate Studies. On being admitted they became committed to prove themselves and outperformed some that even came with strong 2'1 at the end of the programme. Some of them are on their doctorate studies now as we speak while others have traveled out on the same mission.

My advice: Go ahead with your plan and get your entrance exam form. Once you scale the huddle of the entrance exam, you are home and dry. But please you must improve at that level. Mind you, with my experience, only those who have Third Class go for PGDE or those who have a special interest in Educational field with the aim of owning a school or teaching in one.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by folamsimper: 1:19am On Jul 02, 2017
]Can a 2.40 second class lower graduate go for masters direct? [/quote]

Do not accept every opinion expressed here please. I read someone suggested PGDE for you. Never mind such a suggestion at all because of scarce financial resources. My experience was that some of my colleagues whom we did Bachelor's together who performed poorly and still managed to have 2'2 never had problems seeking admissions for Postgraduate Studies. On being admitted they became committed to prove themselves and outperformed some that even came with strong 2'1 at the end of the programme. Some of them are on their doctorate studies now as we speak while others have traveled out on the same mission.

My advice: Go ahead with your plan and get your entrance exam form. Once you scale the huddle of the entrance exam, you are home and dry. But please you must improve at that level. Mind you, with my experience, only those who have Third Class go for PGDE or those who have a special interest in Educational field with the aim of owning a school or teaching in one.

All the best.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by princeloba: 1:38am On Jul 02, 2017
it depend on the university where u want to apply for your master and d course, some university allows 2.40 for master
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by KingRabota: 2:57am On Jul 02, 2017
idowuswap:
IGBO. Man with low sense go and sell ghalla. For lagos
I can see that your brain is paining you
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by cruzydal(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2017
See this.. this is University of Nigeria requirement

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by godwineff: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
That 2.4 is not a second class lower,it is a pure third-class bro..pgd is just the key.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by auntykomo(f): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2017
I finished from OAU with a gp of 2.49 and I'm presently doing my masters at university of Ibadan, so its not a problem

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by oloyeagbaakin(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:

Op i graduate with 2nd class lower 2.93 at Funaab and am currently running my Masters there i know of a guy who had 2.63 and he currently running his masters try your luck bro
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by ellagabs(f): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:
what should I do.... Cause I really want to go for masters?
you must do PG first
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by capsie18: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2017
If you have the financial resources, try applying overseas... U.K. would give you a masters placement with your grade..I strongly believe you won't regret it on the long run
Hope this helps anyway... Good luck
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by ellagabs(f): 9:14am On Jul 02, 2017
oloyeagbaakin:

Op i graduate with 2nd class lower 2.93 at Funaab and am currently running my Masters there i know of a guy who had 2.63 and he currently running his masters try your luck bro

What kind of "that" is "this"... in other words what are u sayin?,
hw cn a graduate say somtin lik dis?
so 2.63 is nt a 2:2 ba? am disapointd...
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by giles14(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:
bros according to NUC u are in 3rd class, quietly go for a PGD
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by grandstar(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2017
adanny01:

Guy, both 2.49 and 3.49 are 2.2.

I just asked a corper and he said 2.49 is third clsss angry
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by adanny01(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2017
grandstar:

I just asked a corper and he said 2.49 is third clsss angry

Corper? I thought u will say a professor.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Yhemit(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2017
zerozz:

its obvious you didn't even acquire basic education. How can 50% of 5.0 give you 2.4? lol

see how your reasoning...... if you don't know somethings just keep the Bleep up.
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by NoMindThem: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
I doubt. It's normally from 3points
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Kennedy767(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I said most universities I didn't say all universities neither did I specify the University. Nnamdi Azikwe university, University of Nigeria Nsukka ,Delta State University for example wouldn't accept nothing less than 3.0 for m.sc. don't be deceived because am in the system
which System Are U Into? U Dont Even Know Wot U Are Saying,,60% Uni Accept Any 2nd Class Lower(2.2), Currently UNIJOS are selling msc form now and d minimum they state it dat is 2.40 cgpa,,,,though few schools do attach coditions of minimum of 2.60,,,,2.70,,,3.0 depending on d school,,even d DELSU dat u mention above did not attach any condition,,,uniben no condition too,,
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Profandie(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
blessedqueen:

How can u advise him to go to Open University?
Y won't I? Open Unis are the in thing now as per distant and quality education. Y are we so caught up in the web of "if I no see lecturer face to face I no go understand or I no go make am"?
My brother Open Unis are booming in India, England especially for those who don't have much time In the day.
Oh if one wants to have masters and his work doesn't allow him ,he will wait till thy kingdom come or he will resign and go to OAU or UI cos its conventional?
My brother don't look at people's face cos to be sincere nobody really cares and no one will have your back at the last and some people will still ask you why did you do PGD (that's if you wanna please people and go to a " prestigious" uni.
Good luck shaa
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Kennedy767(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Even Me Am Waiting For fed Uni of agric,Makurdi To Stat Selling Msc Form So I Buy,,,MY BROTHER( OP) msc is msc so go to school dat accept 2.40,,, enter google u wil C many there,,many schools are selling now just Dat am stil A serving corper dat wil pass out by 24th october Dis Year and dat Is d period dat uniagric normaly wil sell Msc Form Too,,no condition attach to it there,,my frnd is dere too doing his msc program too,,same CHEMISTRY department
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kennedy767:
which System Are U Into? U Dont Even Know Wot U Are Saying,,60% Uni Accept Any 2nd Class Lower(2.2), Currently UNIJOS are selling msc form now and d minimum they state it dat is 2.40 cgpa,,,,though few schools do attach coditions of minimum of 2.60,,,,2.70,,,3.0 depending on d school,,even d DELSU dat u mention above did not attach any condition,,,uniben no condition too,,
No need to argue with you until when they weed some you from the admission list then you would understand better. Those universities mentioned above will collect your money from the form you buy and find one excuse to give.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Profandie(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Tobiloba21:
My brother go for Masters at National Open University in Edu admin and planning do very well(at least 4.0) then go to a conventional university and do your PhD. The sky will be your starting point.
Oh, and also expect people to talk cos you can't please everyone in this world but know that you have to take responsibility for your studies and future.
At least that's what am doing
All the best again bro
Re: I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? by Kennedy767(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
godwineff:
That 2.4 is not a second class lower,it is a pure third-class bro..pgd is just the key.
mumu Woke Up Frm Sleep,,,,,2.2 Cpga Is Minimum Of 2.40 Now Since 2013/2014 session

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President / See The Prices Of Students Union Government Form In Uniuyo(photos) / Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.