Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" (33097 Views)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Courtney Adeleye, Nigerian Buys A Car For Her Daughter's Teacher / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Mamalettelive: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
My daughter (Primary 2) came back from school and I asked what of her assignment, She said her teacher asked them to write on "Who is Evans?". That they will present tomorrow.

I called the teacher to understand why such an assignment, because I feel it is of no relevance to the positive growth of my child and this man had the guts to tell me that I don't have the right to question what he teaches in his class.

Mamalettes, how do I handle this matter? I am boiling seriously. Did I commit a crime by asking the teacher?

https://www.facebook.com/MamaletteNG/posts/1438247879596325

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Caustics: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
should she write on hushpuppi instead?

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by martyns303(m): 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Current affairs MAYBE

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Godmother(f): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
Like someone already pointed out it could be a topic in current affairs, so fits it. However, the teacher was rude to say that to you. You probably should head over to the school to have things straightened out.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Homeboiy: 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
I know ur ranging because u don't know the answer

Evans is Nigerians richest kidnapper in history
he collected $1.2million as ransom

217 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by forzarush(f): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
I agree it could be on current affairs to see if the kids listen to news/know what's happening around them, however what your child/ward is taught is your business. The school and the home have to be at par and work hand in hand to build a total child,so paying a visit to the school is in order.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by sagaxity(m): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2017
Evans don enter primary school curriculum....hahahahaha

Nigeria indeed,we must go school 4 Ghana oh..

Nigeria the film
The more you look, the less you see....

14 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Acidosis(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2017
The teacher's response is bad.

That assignment however might serve as an avenue to enlighten the kids about the strategy of kidnapers and the best way to avoid them.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2017
What business does a primary2 child have with Evans?, are there not better things in current affairs the child should be taught other than "Who's Evans?".

Based on the teacher's response I could tell it's one of those schools teachers misbehave. So he/she thinks a child's parent has no right in deciding what or what not to teach his/her child?,LOL.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by 25thJOE(m): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2017
In Nigeria crime pays. Evans the kidnapper has become a celebrity and even has more fans than most Nigerian entertainers. Who knows he might be a nominee for Silverbirds Man of the Year

9 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Ishilove: 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
What business does a grade 2 child have with Evans? The teacher was very rude and personally I won't tolerate such rubbish

7 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by darlenese(f): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
lemme finish what I'm doing
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Fadiga24(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
The Nigerian police force is the most stupid organization in the world!

The U.S navy seal caught and killed Osama bin Laden, no one heard about it until two days after the incident.

The Nigerian police force caught ordinary Evans, they had been taking selfies with him granting press conferences,sampling his designer shirts until he sued them for 300billion.

Now Evans is being taught in primary schools

What a country.

17 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
LmAO grin Evans don become celeb ooooh
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by doctor306(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tell her that evans is the suspect whose right is been violated by the Nigerian police

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Mologi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Abi the teacher is high on some osogbo skunk ni?

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by SaulRazor: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
That teacher is very stupid, is Evans part of his approved curriculum? Please go to the school and report that idiot

28 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by slawomir: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
why are we insulting only the teacher?
the Nigerian police is very stupid for finally turning this guy into a celebrity
the teacher who gave such assignment to a kid is stupid.
the father of the kid who subjected this to a public discussion and opinions is stupid.
who brought this to front page is stupid
those who comment on this topic are stupid
inafct we all are stupid

what a festival of stupidity

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Snowstorm: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Current affairs.....

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by lazsnaira(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
...the Teacher is an illiterate!

Illiterate Teacher: who is Evans?

Intelligent Pupil: Evans is a male child name!

...SO MANY ILLITERATES ALL OVER THE PLACE...they are even in the majority here on NAIRALAND.

7 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Vivos: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Just write "Evans is a crime celebrity. Who rose to fame in 10th June 2017,(cuz I never heard of him till he was caught). With the help of the police he has inspired hundreds of youth and has made them know that kidnapping is very lucrative.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by kayojosephy(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sounds funny, it's part of history and may want to test them how good they are with News going on around them.. We now know of Anini, Clifford and the likes.. I am sure your children will know about Tonto Dikeh matter and other celeb gossips..
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by maxiuc(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
What is this now

sad angry angry angry sad

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by seunlayi(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Evans again?
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Teewhy2: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
First of all, you have the right to question what your children's teacher teach them, you are paying your child's school fees and from there the teachers are been paid. You can report him to the school authority.
I don't know why we celebrate mediocrity in this part of the world. Someone is accuse of a high criminal case and that is used as school assignment, so are they encouraging the children to learn about how he accrued wealth in a criminal way, assuming it is in north Korea where this man would have been taken off the surface of the earth immediately no body will be using him as example. Let us stop making this man popular.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy ....current affairs nah

But the teacher should be put in his place ...such rude response sad
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by omobabalawo: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
make i book space
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by damola311: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Bloggers and lie... Picture or I don't believe it..
Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by BlueMags(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
my child in nursery 3 was also talking about Evans today. at first I tot he was referring to a classmate but later i got interested when he started talking about kidnapping. I asked him which Evans and he said it's that one that use to kidnapp children and collect big money. he said his teacher told them in class!

this Evans matter go soon enter school curriculum o.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?" by Mrgreat(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
thts too bad. not funny at all.
most times we may think we re trying to correct a thing but rather encouraging it. when those kids finish hearing the good side of d man, u will start things like. aunty i want to be a kidnapper, i want to be like evans. these kids doesn't reason lik us at all.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / Covenant University To Build School Of Law & Medicine With N6 Billion - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.