Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate (32390 Views)

Ewerechukwu Favour Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Covenant University / Oluwatuyi Olowoyeye Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Hungarian University / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by FreeStuffsNG: 2:28pm On Jan 18
16 fun facts about David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA graduate

Arecent graduate of civil engineering, David Akanmu has left an indelible mark at University of Lagos by graduating as the overall best student with a remarkably perfect 5.0/5.0 CGPA. His story is one of hard work, discipline, and an insatiable thirst for learning.

In an exclusive interview with Edugist, David Akanmu revealed interesting details about himself. Here are sixteen (16) fun facts about the 5.0 CGPA graduate.

16 fun facts about the 5.0 CGPA graduate

1. His full name is David Oluwatomiwa Akanmu.

2. His birthday is on February 21.

3. He had his primary education at University of Lagos Women Society Nursery and Primary School till 2010.

4. He then proceeded to International School, Ibadan located at the University of Ibadan for his secondary education and finished in 2016.

5. He graduated from secondary school at age 15 and enrolled in a foundation programme in UNILAG to gain admission into 200 level the following year due to the age barrier for Nigerian admission.

6. During his undergraduate years, he was involved in social impact functions and was a recipient of the Millennium Fellowship in 2019.

7. He resided in Shodeinde Hall of Residence throughout his undergraduate years.

8. His father, Prof. James Akanmu, is a professor of civil engineering at UNILAG and lectured him in four courses: Introduction to Civil Engineering (200 level), Engineers in the Society (200 level), and 2 Environmental Engineering courses (500 level).

9. His mom is a business woman

10. He comes from a family of 6 and everyone except him was born on a Thursday.

11. He is the second child of his parents.

12. He never used the library because he read a report of a first class graduate who led a triangular lifestyle—from hostel to classroom to library and back to hostel—and he didn’t think that was cool (yikes!).

13. He was unlucky with scholarships. Despite achieving a 5.0 GPA every semester, he applied to 20 scholarships and didn’t get any until his 21st try.

14. Eventually he was awarded the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship, OxBridge-Unilag Alumni Initiative Scholarship, and Unilag Endowment Fund, among others.

15. He is the author of the book “Roadmap to 5.0, The Not-so-hidden Secrets to Academic Success” written to educate students who would love to make good grades.

16. He currently works as a consultant at Boston Consulting Group (BCG).

https://edugist.org/16-fun-facts-about-david-akanmu-unilag-5-0-cgpa-graduate/

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by FreeStuffsNG: 2:28pm On Jan 18
16. He currently works as a consultant at Boston Consulting Group (BCG).

What is Boston Consulting Group (BCG)? Boston Consulting Group, Inc. (BCG) is an American global management consulting firm founded in 1963 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. BCG is one of the Big Three (or MBB, the world's three largest management consulting firms by revenue) along with McKinsey & Company and Bain & Company.

He spent just 5 years of his life on intense hardwork, dedication and self discipline while studying at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) to set a record that opens doors for him for all the rest of his life!

It's worth it after all. If you are extremely gifted & brilliant and you know what is best for you, choose UNILAG, ensure you work very hard to meet the high standards of admission requirements of UNILAG like making complete O'level result at once in a single sitting, compulsory minimum of credit O'level pass in further maths and high UTME JAMB score, study very hard to pass the Post UTME and seal your admission. While at UNILAG, ditch social media, keep great company and study like kilode till you finish with great grades then you are made for the rest of your life niyen!

The UNILAG brand behind your attainment will immediately push you on the global stage!

Just before his NYSC, he is already made for life with prestigious scholarships, published
book to his name and being sought after by global brands for job placement.
Congrats Champ!! Omorebiiyan! Omoluabi we celebrate you!
God bless you and may God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Ozommadu: 2:41pm On Jan 18
Keep it up boy...Education is the key

Yoruba Amaka

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by yommen: 2:48pm On Jan 18
Ozommadu:
Keep it up boy...Education is the key

Yoruba Amaka

Amaka ko, Chinyere ni!!!

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Ozommadu: 2:50pm On Jan 18
yommen:

Amaka ko, Chinyere ni!!!

Take your frustration outta my mention

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by perfectsusanoo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18
That 12 i believe does not reflect a truly 'smart' person. Too monotonous.

with no financial worries, men choke wey go run am.
nevertheless, he try well. More oil to his engine and progress.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by FreeStuffsNG: 2:53pm On Jan 18
FreeStuffsNG:
16 fun facts about David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA graduate

Arecent graduate of civil engineering, David Akanmu has left an indelible mark at University of Lagos by graduating as the overall best student with a remarkably perfect 5.0/5.0 CGPA. His story is one of hard work, discipline, and an insatiable thirst for learning.

In an exclusive interview with Edugist, David Akanmu revealed interesting details about himself. Here are sixteen (16) fun facts about the 5.0 CGPA graduate.

https://edugist.org/16-fun-facts-about-david-akanmu-unilag-5-0-cgpa-graduate/
He has joined the UNILAG Greats doing great in Nigeria and globally.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:02pm On Jan 18
Congratulations to him (Omo bolanle) his dad is also a professor keep it up

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Boomboost(m): 3:10pm On Jan 18
I'm Ibibio and a mature fellow, but I wish I was born in the West...

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Raskimonojendor: 3:47pm On Jan 18
FreestuffsNG and anything Unilag are like 5&6. The guy likes his alma mater well well.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by flokii: 4:16pm On Jan 18
He is a great Akokite and we are very proud of him.. he is now one of us in the Unilag Alumni network.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Ladyshine6(f): 5:58pm On Jan 18
Truly education is the key

1 Like

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by TINTINABULATION(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Racoon(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18
What a guru. Congratulations son. They won't reward him good now to immortalise and promote the dignity of hard work and genuine success. If nah BBN wey person go promote nudity and sexual promiscuity, they will be splashing millions in the person.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Sirchiboy: 6:30pm On Jan 18
What about me that graduated as the best in my department.
I was not celebrated

5 Likes

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Deicide: 6:32pm On Jan 18
17. people called him akamu to make jest of him in school

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:32pm On Jan 18
Cool
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by TINTINABULATION(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18
Great!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Ykc2(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18
Ozommadu:

Take your frustration outta my mention
grin grin all na good name no insult,

2 Likes

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by YourKarma: 6:34pm On Jan 18
Congrats to him
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by StormpyBee: 6:35pm On Jan 18
angry
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by CrEaToRmalden(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18
Boomboost:

I don't know you but instead of cowardly running away from who you are, I believe you can make the difference just like this brilliant man. You can set the pace too and stop looking to feed on the pace of others.

Beautiful one Akanmu. More wins

31 Likes

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Docodes(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18
Congratulations to him smiley smiley smiley
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by omoredia: 6:36pm On Jan 18
Na by first class? Tinubu get first class? His father is a prof in the same unilag so that says it all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by PoliticalChinex(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18
WERE ARE THE MUMU PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING EDUCATION NA SCAM? COME AND SEE YOUR MATE USING HIS BRAIN TO ATTAIN GREATER HEIGHTS.

BUT NA YAHOO YAHOO U DEY DO!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by Ykc2(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18
All this nigeria best student this that where are they? china tik tok, Russia telegram, USA WhatsApp Facebook twitter and others Sweden Spotify
Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by obonujoker(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18
Lol...

The guy didn't have a life outside his books...

No Play station
No Faaji
No fellowship
No girlfriend
No clubbing
No drinking
No watching or movies
No engaging in sports

A model student....

10 Likes

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by chatinent: 6:38pm On Jan 18
A 5.0 CGPA graduate of Civil Engineering, and guess who the father is?

His father, Prof. James Akanmu, is a professor of civil engineering at UNILAG and lectured him in four courses: Introduction to Civil Engineering (200 level), Engineers in the Society (200 level), and 2 Environmental Engineering courses (500 level).

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by EbenezerTriumph: 6:38pm On Jan 18
Boomboost:
ibibio kill you there.
Unamikot

13 Likes

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by blowjohn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 18
The most interesting fact here is that he graduated from the international School, university of Ibadan.
My alma mater.

That's to me still the best secondary school in the history of this country. Quote me if u like, even this guy can't stand toe to toe with his former seniors like bosun adeoti and his colleagues.

For the records, I remember ISI was once ranked 3rd best secondary school in the country back then.

Students that year ehn.

Dem dey break records for SAT exams.

I remember bosun came out tops in the world in SAT 2

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate by omoredia: 6:38pm On Jan 18
All ur first class is only good enough for japa and that's it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents / Another Missing Person; UNILAG Diploma Female Student (images Below) / 5 Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.